No announcement yet.

Camo/Ghillie suits and skins are fixed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo/Ghillie suits and skins are fixed.

Last night, I tested out the ghillie suits and they work just fine. Rocket has said that the "spawn in ocean after putting on a custom skin" bug was due to an ARMA patch: he was definitely correct.

Prior to applying the latest patch, I had spawned in the ocean at least twice after putting on a custom skin.
    Last night, after I had put on a custom skin, I spawned at my previous location without any trouble. I am running the latest ARMA2 beta patch.

Just thought ya'll would want to know.

Re: Camo/Ghillie suits and skins are fixed.

Since Beta 93965 I have not had a problem respawning with full gear and in old disconnect position using the camo skin. I am also using latest Beta. And thanks Zohar for posting this info.

Comment

Put on camo for the second time with no problems the other day. Tried on a Ghillie suit yesterday and spawned in debug land 25 k from the map. Damonte spawned out there yesterday too and he's had his Ghillie suit on for a while. I'm not running the newest ARMA patch cause it was causing issues at the time (don't think Damonte is either), I'll update today and see what happens.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

When the server started running beta patch 93965 my whole game started to run alot smoother and less laggy. I updated the other day to version 94103 and still no problems just smooth running all the way. To night I will update to the latest out today which is beta version 94209 and report back also.

Comment

Worked for me today.
          |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

Not to go off topic. But when some one changes to another "uniform" the script transfers you to another. In the mean time (mili-seconds) you'll be either stuck in the debug area. Or brought back to your original spot. Where hackers also cheat. Killing players before they teleport. Just another useless info.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
              When the server started running beta patch 93965 my whole game started to run alot smoother and less laggy. I updated the other day to version 94103 and still no problems just smooth running all the way. To night I will update to the latest out today which is beta version 94209 and report back also.
              I'm still running 93965, should I update to the latest? Will it be ok on the TG server? as server info on forum still states 93965 as the one to be using.
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

You should be ok until it is posted otherwise by the Admins.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket
                  I would recommend not using the Ghille suits for the moment, or any clothing change. In fact, I will probably release a hotfix disabling that until it is actually supported in engine rather than the hackery method I am currently using.
                  Source
                  sigpic

Comment

Being just a 'talking head' and not in any way very 'technical' I'm like the least qualified person to comment on this, but honestly 'Rocket' comes off as kind of amateurish. I don't really like his excessively cocky attitude and I strongly dislike his 'Steve Jobs of the undead wasteland' approach to presenting and marketing his product. Even BF2PR/A2PR (admittedly in beta) managed to release stable versions after excessive private testing. If he wanted to grandfather in his patching after vetting the new changes, it would probably work out better for everybody. In my opinion he's hurting the credibility of his brand by presenting an imperfect product where nothing you do matters. I understand nothing we do in any video games matters in the grand 'life' scheme of things, but if he's not ready to give people the reward for investing time/effort in his product and instead prefers to kick us while we're down, I become increasingly less interested in buying or recommending future versions. I don't enjoy investing 60+ hours only to have to turn around and do it again. People get paid to do what we do, alpha-testing is gruelling and demeaning and it saps away at your enjoyment. I forsee that almost 90% of the people who are playing right now will have 'played themselves out' by the time there's anything close to a stable, standalone release. By giving everyone the chance to watch him paint the painting, we have a lot less interest in going to see it in a gallery. The unfortunate side effect of his marketing model is that people will (rightly so) evaluate the community, game and developer in an emergent fashion rather than reacting to a controlled situation with a polished release, engaging trailer and carefully crafted media strategy.

Comment

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment...othing_in_172/

Comment

broke again. spawned in and my wokkie suit was gone

Comment

I think skins have been removed from the game now. until it is fixed for everyone
                          |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Do NOT try to put on a skin!

You will loose all your items except your tools and backpack, and you wont be wearing the skin either.

I found out the hard way, there goes my M4 SD, NVG's etc etc...

yay for new patches! I feel awesome!
                            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I think I just saw Finestyle in game running around in his birthday suit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X