DayZ Diet Realism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayZ Diet Realism

Someone at Stary last night suggested DayZ characters should have to use the little survivors room after drinking. Something very similar came up on the DayZ forums. Since I was still scouting for that sniper I couldn't elaborate, but this is the thread I mentioned. Warning -- it's a bit lowbrow.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread....811&pid=227934

Originally posted by http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25811&pid=227934
    For further realism, diet should also be a part of this. For example, if you eat too many beans (or raw meat), you will get... an uncontrollable symptom that results in dehydration and lowered accuracy during gun fights. If you only eat cooked meat, then you will be constipated, which requires more time [going #2], leaving the player stationary and exposed to sniper fire while he [goes #2].
    Some of the comments get even better (or worse).

Re: DayZ Diet Realism

Although I've always found that games which had NPCs relieving themselves did add to immersion quite a bit...

Nope.

We've already got that function fully integrated outside the game.

"Cover me guys, I'll uhh... be right back."

Managing your character's bladder as well as your own? That just seems superfluous.

That and the entire premise seems to have been brought up purely for ****s and giggles. (If you'll pardon the pun)
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

LOL it was me, I made the suggestion in jest I cant believe someone thinks this would be a good idea..and can imagine the greifing that would take place with his uh.....lake suggestion? LOL.

Though i can imagine hours of humor if players started farting if they ate too many beans...make GasX a loot item :D

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I would approve.

It would make handling thirst bit easier.

Comment

No. The timescale that DayZ players go by with each session already simulates this.

Though nutrition should definitely be expanded upon and long term implication of diet would be cool.

Comment

add candy bars that will let you run faster(sugar) but if you eat too many give you the shakes? Same with soda?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Sometimes realism does not equate fun or interesting gameplay at all.

I think poop and diet is one of them.
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                Sometimes realism does not equate fun or interesting gameplay at all.

I think poop and diet is one of them.
                Heh, my sentiments exactly. The concept is funny though... opening an outhouse to find it occupied by a survivor... but his legs are alseep. :icon_lol:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X