"The Sole Regret" Pirate Radio Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Sole Regret" Pirate Radio Station

"Ladies and Gentlezombies, coming to you live from the barely floating hull of a cargo ship offshore of balmy Chernarus, its the Sole Regret Pirate Radio Station!"

"We just got on this old tub of a boat and figured out how to rig this transponder, so we aren't offering much in terms of content quite yet. But where we have a lack of material, we have high aspirations, first and foremost being giving you landlubbers something to listen to while you're trekking across the wastelands of the old Soviet bloc. So tune in....well.....whenever, because we haven't really gotten a schedule going either. Its not like any of you have better things to do outside of getting eaten by zombies or proving just how correct Thomas Hobbes really was when he said the life of Man is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short."

"Nevertheless, stay tuned for the finest tunes and news from the Sole Regret Pirate Radio Station. Even though your friends and family are dead, radio certainly isn't!"

tl;dr I've started a TS channel where I hope to occasionally play some music in a weird sort of post-apocalyptic radio theater sort of way. Currently it's just me doing this, but if anyone else wants an airtime slot, let me know, and follow this link on how to get set up for broadcast.

http://www.kampfrausch.de/ts3/

Cheers,
    Seraf
    Last edited by S3rafiel; 07-13-2012, 02:47 AM.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
    "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
    - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Re: "The Sole Regret" Pirate Radio Station

Awesome ! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to S3rafiel again.

Was that boat near Solnich? I spotted it yesterday and was on a recovery mission with Michael but we had to abort due to the presence of unknown contacts in the area.

Comment

Haha, nah. That's just a bit of roleplay fluff to aid in immersing you in the wild world of DayZ. I'll prolly be hosting the show in character or something. I dunno yet, just a silly experiment I want to try out.

Comment

Lol what a fantastic idea and a much needed injection of humour. Looking forward to tuning in when I'm sat round the campfire cooking steaks!

Comment

This calls for another computer with speakers!

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Hey S3rafiel, you may also launch the first news radio of Chernarus while you are on it. Just like traffic radios, it could play highlights from TG DayZ community in loop. Things like 6th walmart, 1stMIP transport services, recent incidents, etc I would help you if I had a sexy voice :P

Comment

Black mountain radio from New Vegas :P

Comment

Lol I can't stop chuckling about this, yup hourly news and Public Service announcements.

"A helo has crashed in (insert grid), apparently no survivors but lots of loot"

"Bandits have been reported to be active in the Stary Sobor area this evening, take care when travelling"

You could have a reporter embed with a survivor group and either broadcast live or record a server raid or risky op. Those not in game or sitting somewhere safe could tune in. Imagine the potential...

"We interupt this live broadcast of the TTP server raid to bring you urgent news of a bandit incursion on US137 in the Electro area.....(air raid sound).... BATTLE STATIONS.....ALL HANDS ON DECK.......

Oh god, you could do mock adverts lol

"Do you need something with stopping power? Do you like to attract attention?

Well Lee Enfield has the right gun for you. Not only will it drop a rogue elephant in one hit, its super volume will ensure you never run out of targets.

Lee Enfield, for the Survivor who is out of choices and out of luck"

Add in a little static and you are golden.

Comment

I liked your broadcasting vision Wicks ;)

There was a reporter guy at TG ArmA. General ...., couldnt remember the name. He had a very funny youtube video, reporting live from an operation. Find that guy and bring him on board.

"When silence matters, choice is obvious: Lee Enfield...Your reliable partner in stealth operations"

Comment

"Lee Enfield...the one hit wonder that brings the thunder.

When you absolutely, positively have to attract every zombie in the mother lovin town, Lee Enfield...accept no substitue.

Ear plugs and evac plans sold seperately."

Comment

Simply brilliant S3rafiel...great idea.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                      if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

It's five o' clock and it's time for the traffic report. Today we have HaveANiceDay on a ride a long in a UH-60 Blackhawk with the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon patrolling the roads from up on high today. HaveANiceDay, how's it looking out there this afternoon?

"Well Chuck, it's another rain day here in Chernarus. So be careful as the roads will be slick and we all want to get home after finding some fresh beans. But, as far as the eye can see are the roads today are devoid of any form of traffic. It's not that unexpected after the events of the last couple of weeks. But, we are seeing some changes in the area. The most interesting is that WWII era tank traps have started appearing at critical intersections between Slonichniy and Berezino. So in an effort to assist any survivors the 19th Mechanized Brigade have volunteered to investigate. With the recent changes in the area it is their hope they can successfully assist any survivors they may encounter and ultimately take them to a "safe" place..... Good luck to all of you out there. Stay safe and stay alive.

This is HaveANiceDay signing out. Back to you Chuck. "

Comment

Got the plug-in working and have been transmitting off the Coast of Cherno at the moment. If you are in the area and like what you are hearing. The lines are open and we have people to take your calls for donations or request.

DJ HAND.

Comment

So I've been experimenting with the Soundboard TS3 add on, which, combined with Winamp, seems to work well in streaming music I have into the Sole Regret's TS channel. What I'm trying to do now is somehow stream the sound from youtube videos through the same channels so that I could potentially take requests. Does anyone know a way of doing this that doesn't require hot-micing through my speakers or using the Stereo Mix/What You Hear techniques in my sound options?

Comment

I love this idea. Could you set up a pandora station to stream while you're not logged to simulate 'all the deejays are dead'?

It would also be cool to have one house in each town with a direct-vox stream... The radio left on.

Then we get public address style speakers set up in Cherno. A couple nights a week the whole town is flooded with radio, along with a PSA that Cherno is now a free fire zone. I could imagine some twisted PvP encounters.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X