Why so dark?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so dark?

I noticed that the server gets dark, as in pitch black dark for those who don't have NVGs, and then after the restart sometimes, I am able to see just fine. Anyone know why this is? I have Gamma and Brightness all the way up and I still can't see squat at the time of posting this message.

-Waffinz

Re: Why so dark?

I think Rocket purposefully made it a whole lot darker at night because people are using the gamma and brightness trick instead of using flashlights, glow sticks, and flares. Really does suck for those without NVGs though, most will just choose to not play at night instead of lighting themselves up for snipers with glow sticks attached to them.

There's also a bug right now where the sun/moon positioning gets slightly set back on a server reset, so that why it's a bit brighter after that.

Comment

A few thoughts on this:

Never hang onto a flare. Throw them away / around your target area. This will give you an early warning / deterrent against non-snipers in the area. If done right, your area will still be dark and any people trying to weed you out will be lit up by flares.

Chemlights -- different colors have different luminosity intensity. Blue is the least visible at 35m, red is 55m and green is 75m. To NVG players, it will pretty much go down like THIS.

Flashlights -- You are a walking lighthouse with this on for long durations. Fortunately, for R870s and M4A3 CCO holders, they come attached with one. You thought the BF3 flashlights were awful? Your enemy is staring at the sun if you point this in their face.
      -F-

Comment

On the Flashlights. Just be mindful when you have it on. It will go through walls.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by ikonic View Post
          A few thoughts on this:

Never hang onto a flare. Throw them away / around your target area. This will give you an early warning / deterrent against non-snipers in the area. If done right, your area will still be dark and any people trying to weed you out will be lit up by flares.

Chemlights -- different colors have different luminosity intensity. Blue is the least visible at 35m, red is 55m and green is 75m. To NVG players, it will pretty much go down like THIS.

Flashlights -- You are a walking lighthouse with this on for long durations. Fortunately, for R870s and M4A3 CCO holders, they come attached with one. You thought the BF3 flashlights were awful? Your enemy is staring at the sun if you point this in their face.
          Knew I should have thrown blue glowsticks than the other ones.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X