WarZ zombie MMO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarZ zombie MMO

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...al-experience?

Last edited by enkryptd; 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM.

Re: WarZ zombie MMO

Beta sign up's are on the site. It sounds a very interesting game. 250+ players MMO
    http://thewarz.com/
    Last edited by Sir_Hobbit; 07-20-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

i fixed the link so people can read about it.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Dredge had formed a "company" to begin working on a Zombie game some time ago, looks like he was on the right track. Hopefully, the market won't be so saturated with different titles that we can stay with one or two of the best and not dilute the player base unnecessarily. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying DayZ as I'm not normally a fan of zombie games.

But how many games do you have that allow for players to gather around a campfire after trekking the world and just revel in the fact that you've survived another day.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

More info:
              http://www.shacknews.com/article/749...r-z-announced#

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

I think it could be a good thing, but I know people are going to hate on it right off the bat especially since the name looks like a rip off of DayZ...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

you will see me on the pve servers...

Comment

I don't buy it...300 to 400 square kilometer maps? I already read that they will be cut up into zones like stalker probably. They screen shots are clearly rendered. Ill stick worth dayz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks interesting, but they lost me at the advanced day/night cycles. I LOVE DayZ because of the 1:1 ratio realism settings! That said, I will certainly take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                        But how many games do you have that allow for players to gather around a campfire after trekking the world and just revel in the fact that you've survived another day.

From last night. :)

I have my faith on the stand-alone version of DayZ (of which according to Rocket we'll have playable version by the end of the year) as it's really faithful to it's concept and doesn't go for the arcade shoot zombies style of gameplay.

Comment

We will see. For me it dsnt matter whether its dayz or warz. I will be playing whichever one is better imo.

Comment

This is one of the few games where I think the PVP aspect of it is a good thing. Except for the hackers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Found this on the official DayZ forums:
                              WarZ is a farce, there is no proof it exists. It looks like they took their current project, and threw zombies in it then.

Take a look at the whois for War Z

created: 24-May-2012

last-changed: 24-May-2012

Even though they've been allegedly developing this game for a considerable amount of time, they only registered a month after DayZ went live and a few weeks after it started getting coverage on YouTube, taking off on Steam and showing it's massive potential. It doesn't stop there either, let's take a look at the company that are supposedly developing this game and have been doing for a considerable amount of time. They have literally no record of development, everything is claims. They have no track record, no names of respected developers or programmers with an impressive track record. Nothing.

All we have are some screenshots, and we expect that this game is going to be out in 2 or 3 months?! They claim it's not even out of alpha! How on earth could it go gold within that period? I've worked at games company, and took a degree in software engineering. The idea they can complete a beta for such a large scale game in three months is ludicrous.

Where is the proof of the game? They've been developing it for a year, and it isn't actually a rip off of DayZ? Then why is there zero evidence of it before? Even the website was only registered a month after DayZ went live, and yet the game is out in three months? Ok, let's take a look at the screenshots - which are easily faked and pre-rendered. I looked into their track record, it became clear

This is the game they've taken their screenshots, they're taking this engine and ripping off DayZ using it. The screenshots were taken from this game, the enviroments - everything. They're trying to push the game out faster than rocket can.

The game is a farce, and they're hoping to cash in with a poorly made piece of garbage by using the engine from their other piece of archaic garbage. The idea they've been developing this for more than a few weeks is laughable.
                              Studying as game graphics artist this struck me. If their game is not even in alpha, there is no way they will release anything half competent after three months. They obviously took engine from their F2P game and want to cash in on the success of DayZ. Hell, our last game project (In our school we study 2 days a week and make our own game project 3 days a week) took us four months and we got an alpha of a space shoot em up game that is in 2D.

Even the name is straight up nod to DayZ. "This is a game like DayZ but it's not alpha!" I bet they've developed the engine for over a year, but they haven't worked on this project until they heard of DayZ and wanted to cash in.
                              I will stay away from this release and be wary of it until I hear what it's like.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X