Hacked Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked Again

Last night it was diggleberry teleporting and killing everyone.

Today warman teleports onto my ATV while I am riding it (or immediately after I stopped the vehicle). Chaos and destruction ensues. Videoed that bit of foolishness.

Also, someone put an insane amount of sandbags, hedgehogs, and razor wire around the main 1stMIP camp. Took me an hour to remove most of it.

Vehicles appear to attract the hackers.

Nothing can be hidden from the hackers.

I do not see any point investing time in gathering and building within a persistent virtual environment if my work is merely to become the target of kids with poor parenting.

E-Male
    sigpic

Re: Hacked Again

Rather frustrating and why I havent logged on in a bit. Dont want to go out that way.

Not much people can do about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
      I do not see any point investing time in gathering and building within a persistent virtual environment if my work is merely to become the target of kids with poor parenting.
      Think of it as practice.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that E-Male, they seem to be targeting us directly seems how we booted S.T.A.R.S. out. I get the feeling the same people are using different accounts to get to us. But still, I'm sure the admins are getting tired of dealing with so many new cases of hacking. If there was any way I could repay you guys for your efforts, I'd do it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I got hacked last night as well. Got sniped inside of TG tower, when I was in the indoor part and had walls on all sides of me with no way for anyone to be able to see me. I was furious. M4SD, FAL ANPVS, and NVG x2.... Me sad now. :(

Comment

Yes, I realize that Apophis and the Admin team are putting a considerable effort into supporting the Dayz project and that we are still in the testing phase.

Dayz has tremendous potential. Looking forward to seeing how it and the forthcoming persistent-life MMORG titles such as PlanetSide work out.

Grrrrrr Arrrrrg.

E-Male
            Zombie Queen of Dayz
            sigpic

Comment

These are two of many unfortunate truths that can and will eventually develop in an uncontrolled Alpha environment.

If there is a way to verify behavior/software by user, then this may alleviate, however, it is also not supported by a team of developers who are investing paid-time into the mod.

It is a neat idea. Maybe it will get sponsorship?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I've been gathering a couple of these hax IP's, have geolocated and sent two 4-man teams equipped with various penetration tools and trashbags to their locations. I've requested that all fingers be broken and fingernails extracted.

Comment

If we could do permament extraction of fingers instead, i would like to sign up to one of these teams.
                  sigpic

Comment

We could always go for nerve destruction. I hear it is rather painful and permanent, not to mention very destructive to one's mental health...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      We could always go for nerve destruction. I hear it is rather painful and permanent, not to mention very destructive to one's mental health...
                      I have a better idea. Bring them to my house with burlap sacks over their heads. I'll promptly take them to my grandmother's and make them suffer for quite some time in a sort of SAW-Esq way. Torture in various forms, bringing them so close to death they'll beg for it, and permanently damaging their psyche. Let me know when you 'acquire' them

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                        I have a better idea. Bring them to my house with burlap sacks over their heads. I'll promptly take them to my grandmother's and make them suffer for quite some time in a sort of SAW-Esq way. Torture in various forms, bringing them so close to death they'll beg for it, and permanently damaging their psyche. Let me know when you 'acquire' them
                        Your Grandma sound pretty scary!
                        Viking

Comment

Active admins are the only real tool to deal with hackers right now. We've banned almost two dozen hackers/dupers on our server so far.

As for the gear, other then nvg/svd/gps/rangefinder everything else is pretty darned easy to replace, so no point in getting worked up about it to be honest. I personally wish Rocket would wipe characters/tents/vehicles every couple of patches, to many items get duped, even by honest people that it gets out of hand. My group has 2 tents that dupe their items every server restart. Destroy the tent, it comes back on restart with all it's items.

Comment

Offering some of my wife's cooking should be a sufficient deterrent for hackers...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                              Your Grandma sound pretty scary!

Nah, that's what I was going to do to them. :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X