Clear All

• 1.7.2.4 (helicopters back in etc)

Currently in closed beta test.

Current Changelog (as in not final):
    • [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play
    • [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login
    • [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
    • [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded
    • [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)
    • [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)
    • [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)
    • [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)
    • [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture
    • [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)
    • [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)
    • [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position
    • [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Also couple of interviews

Re: 1.7.2.4 (helicopters back in etc)

I forgot to tell them that the M1911 and the Revolver take about three chest shots to kill a zombie. That needs to be fixed.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

[FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

Wondering if this is the reason that some very special tents would re-appear after every server reboot full of the same loadout? If so, that's gonna be a bug that I'll miss. But other than that, I have four words for this patch:

GET TO THA CHOPPAAAAAAA!

Comment

My other thing about this patch is that the respawn button is disabled. I think they did this to get more of an accurate lifespan for survivors because so many simply kill themselves to get to a new spawn location.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

So we can't pick where we spawn? If I want to start playing the game with friends, we should all be able to spawn together, start off in the same direction and cooperate. Yet another example of rocket 'breaking' something before fixing the problem. Removing respawn on a new survivor will ensure that they can almost never make it back to their gear (if they die) or to their friends (spawning randomly on the coast) unless they have an out of-game map and at least a compass ingame. Since the out of game map is basically metagaming right now (though I understand why it is used) we need some kind of spawn-location selector so that people can actually group up for the beginning phases. This makes it especially easy to collect new players who have not a bloody clue what they are doing and to 'talk' them through the game by providing expert support.

Comment

Originally posted by 1n7r3p1d View Post
            So we can't pick where we spawn? If I want to start playing the game with friends, we should all be able to spawn together, start off in the same direction and cooperate. Yet another example of rocket 'breaking' something before fixing the problem. Removing respawn on a new survivor will ensure that they can almost never make it back to their gear (if they die) or to their friends (spawning randomly on the coast) unless they have an out of-game map and at least a compass ingame. Since the out of game map is basically metagaming right now (though I understand why it is used) we need some kind of spawn-location selector so that people can actually group up for the beginning phases. This makes it especially easy to collect new players who have not a bloody clue what they are doing and to 'talk' them through the game by providing expert support.
            Doesn't 'enabling' spawn location selection utterly defeat the actual purpose of this mod, that of survival in a barren, hostile environment. This isn't a 'spawn at main' type game. You spawn in, 'bewildered', without essential gear and almost immediately are forced into the survival dynamic, where am I, I need food, water, a weapon etc. Not "Ok I am going to spawn at spawnpoint Bravo, sprint back and get my gear from my last life".

The notion of persistence in this game is clearly intended to be limited within the parameter's of one life, one character. You had stuff, you died, it's gone, no longer yours.

All other notions and constructs within the game are of our own making, (which is the genius of it). Simply put, this isn't a team combat game in the way others are, it's about survival and risk management, not having the throwaway live/die/respawn & retrieve gear mentality that choosing a spawn location encourages. Grouping up should be fraught with risk, navigating without the gear you had last time, should be a risk.

If after spawning in a random location you manage to link up with someone and get some gear, bravo, you have enforced your will on the game, you have survived against the odds. If you respawn at the most convenient location only to have all your gear handed back to you, bravo, you died and walked from A to B.

I don't think Rocket has got anything wrong here, at all.

Comment

People can still 'pick' their respawns. It is just going to take a bit longer now. Anywhere you spawn, you should be able to find zombies within 500 meters. Now you just have to find those zombies and feed them your brains, and respawn. It's not so much a 'fix' of the picking a spawn point, as it is an 'inconvieniancing' (I think I just made that word up) of it.
              Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Krethelas View Post
                People can still 'pick' their respawns. It is just going to take a bit longer now. Anywhere you spawn, you should be able to find zombies within 500 meters. Now you just have to find those zombies and feed them your brains, and respawn. It's not so much a 'fix' of the picking a spawn point, as it is an 'inconvieniancing' (I think I just made that word up) of it.
                ^This

Comment

Choppers are fun...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Krethelas View Post
                    This is one of things I both love and hate about one man teams. Things are done with blinders on, with very little or no consideration for wider consiquences of an action. Getting stuck in debug plains is now as good as a ban, because if the position reset doesn't work, you have almost no other options, and good luck if you get the glitched novy sobor spawn and can't find the point you can roll out from, meanwhile, players who want to pick their spawn still do, it just takes an extra sixty seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                      This is one of things I both love and hate about one man teams. Things are done with blinders on, with very little or no consideration for wider consiquences of an action. Getting stuck in debug plains is now as good as a ban, because if the position reset doesn't work, you have almost no other options, and good luck if you get the glitched novy sobor spawn and can't find the point you can roll out from, meanwhile, players who want to pick their spawn still do, it just takes an extra sixty seconds.
                      While this would indeed suck; any character stuck out there can just walk away from the computer for an hour or so, and wait for starvation/dehydration to do the work.
                      Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X