• Show
Clear All

• Insel Skalisty Helo Repair and Extraction

One word:

Epic.

(videos to follow)
    sigpic

Re: Insel Skalisty Helo Repair and Extraction

So sad after the epicness that came afterwards...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I must say, I did not see so much coordination and communication since my day in BF2-PR... truly a great undertaking by so many members. I tip my hat to all the people that participated in this epic quest. Hope to see this again and again because that's what makes this game so fun : in numbers we can achieve great things!

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

Most epic. TG working together like that was great to see, and really shows the potential of Dayz.

On the bright side, we get to do it again next week. :)

Comment

Can't wait to hear and hopefully see what happened.

Comment

I joined the TG Dayz server around 7:15 PM EST and found people in the Tulga TS channel (my spawn-in location). Word on the street was that a Helo was going to be at Insel Skalisty after the server reset at 9 PM.

We discussed and developed a plan. Hotfranc would lead a team of snipers to secure the waterline between the mainland and the island, Zohar would coordinate picking up supplies for the helo repair and refuel, Bear would pilot the Ural (Zodiac boat), Buflak assist with supplies and transportation, Masterjack and company would provide infantry support.

When the time came, Priceline (Sp?) stepped up and provided us with a Helo pilot.

My notes are very limited so I'll leave it to the others to fill in details on their roles (let us get reports in here from as many of us as possible for a full account of the event).

Comms where very well managed, Zohar was instrumental in coordinating the refit, and we even encountered a unknown person or two on the mainland (killed one female, let other unarmed individuals pass into the mainland).

The boat picked myself, Frank, and ??? up at Krutoy Cap 15 minutes after server restart (right on time) and took us over the big island. Upon landing someone immediately ran off to find the helo (rather reckless to go off alone, but no one in particular was in charge of the initial approach.

A tent was put down at the boat LZ and two more at the Helo LZ which was right next to the lone building at the NW end of the island, near the radio tower. Zombies were dispatched.

Bear continued to ferry people back and forth from the mainland to the island bringing supplies. Was quite something to see a boat full of wookies approach and disembark.

I called for extra water for all on the island, and water was brought along with supplies.

Frank and I hunted and filled the tents with plenty of cooked meat.

Someone suggested wounding the Zombies in stead of just killing them so they would not constantly reappear.

Lost track of time but the whole refit process may have taken as long as 2.5 hours.

As night fell I started collecting wood and made 12 or so fires in a circle around the Helo. The effect was rather spectacular.

Last edited by E-Male; 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the other forum? Especially with this kind of info.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think so. The new spawn locations are widely known.
                Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks_Lead View Post
                  Shouldn't this be in the other forum? Especially with this kind of info.
                  I think it's good here, as long as we bring a lot more firepower and overwatch the next time :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                    I think it's good here, as long as we bring a lot more firepower and overwatch the next time :)
                    Oh we had overwatch. That poor guy/woman that was unlucky enough to have their character create right by the lighthouse probably never knew what hit 'em.

"His name was Juan, it appears he died of shock"

12th enjoyed supplying the Ural with windscreens, metal and gas. It was cool hearing the helo fly over us while we were packing up more supplies at the factory and then driving up the road to Gorka to help refuel it (longest refuel ever). Watched take off again over screams of GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!. Tears on all faces as we saw Priceline lose connection and heard the bad news over the radio.

Note to self: do not disconnect whilst flying the helo.

Anywho, we'll work on getting supplies packed up for the next go-round!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosely View Post
                      Oh we had overwatch.
                      But we'll need more next time, since the exact respawn time of the chopper has been posted in the public forum. ;)
                      sigpic

Comment

More footage (mostly an audio record) of the Helo Op:

sigpic

Comment

Here is a link for all that were in the heli when it was going down.

http://imgur.com/LycYg
                          Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Red^Baron42 View Post
                            Here is a link for all that were in the heli when it was going down.

http://imgur.com/LycYg
                            So there are parachutes in DayZ! I see some night time parachute insertion in my future :)

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                              But we'll need more next time, since the exact respawn time of the chopper has been posted in the public forum. ;)
                              The exact respawn time will be dictated by when the server restarts for the first time after XX day's have passed. The exact location of course will probably be somewhere else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X