Should we start from scratch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we start from scratch?

With the really annoying tent and vehicle bug out there where you cannot save anything into the tents, but get duplicates of the over powered and rare weapons of the mod. I only had one tent, then I log in after server restart, there's ten tents. Other people experience the same and we all know about The Wall. The player population is getting way geared up when this is supposed to be a post-apocalyptic era of survival. But if an update is released and fixes this bug thats duplicating everything, and the duplicated items still exist. Should TG consider in wiping the server clean and start anew? I know a lot of people have spent a lot of time getting these things but I personally wouldn't mind starting over. Because its the experience with other people working together to survive is a bigger prorioty to me because that intensifies gameplay experience and cooperation all together. Better than searching and hording valuable loot and gear then conducting a pvp ops.

But if this ever were to happen, where there is an over abundance of OP weapons and gear that still exist after the saving tents/vehicle bug gets fixed, should we start over?

Re: Should we start from scratch?

Its Alpha. At some point, they'll wipe the Hive and take it Beta and then they'll wipe it again when it goes retail so I wouldn't get to attached to anything you have or have done. You'll have ample opportunities to "start over".
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by AurianTitan View Post
      I personally wouldn't mind starting over.
      What's holding you back?
      Drop all your stuff, run down to Cherno when the server is full and forget about your tent.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
        What's holding you back?
        Drop all your stuff, run down to Cherno when the server is full and forget about your tent.
        Or better yet, go on the hunt on a different server and see how many people you can take with you. My character is 41 days old, and thankfully, I've been offline during the hackers attacks, everyone starts over when they die anyhow.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I felt like starting over the other day....ran offer to tg tower in cherno, logged out and logged into another server. two guys came up the ladder and i got into an epic firefight....took them both out, talked over direct, then bleed out...lol i like starting anew

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've been away from home, and therefore my pc, for the past week and I look forward to not having all the things I got used to having when I get back. No more ural, I'm doubtful my tents are still stocked with an extra nvg+rf+coyote, and no extra weapons to carry around in my pack. Aside from all the running, I'm quite looking forward to living a simpler life in DayZ. The only thing a complete wipe will do is make the coast a huge warzone, but these things are inevitable at this stage of development.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the coast was a huge war zone...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm going to say no, we shouldn't. Some of us have invested a lot of time in trying to get the survivor trails up and running and while they kind of disrupt the flow of the game, there are some like me who despite getting killed by my fellow man, I try to help others out. But eh, we could start fresh and come up with new coordinates and new locations, call signs, etc for the new trail. I'd rather keep all my gear because of the time I invested into finding it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I say yes, or do something about the huge amount of tents, on the west side of the map there is no less than 30 tents, all placed due to bugs, whats worse is that for some reason with each restart 2-3 minimum new tents appear with new gear in them.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Destroyed tents respawn in their old location...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

If you dont interact with an empty tent, it should disappear in a week. If it has gear in it, 3 weeks.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm only for restarting IF we can get warning and IF it will fix the tents.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                          Just curious; Why would you need a warning? You need to prepare yourself mentally for the loss of in-game assets or something?
                          I think he's asking for a warning in case tents get reset so he can get any valuables out :).

It's pretty ridiculous that everyone has all this gear, while walking from the NW airfield to Zelenogorsk I came across no less than 8 tents stocked with good gear. I say any reset should be done on the Dev's end, however. No sense in resetting our server when the glitches still exist and everyone has the gear on their bodies, well back back to the way things are now in no time at all. A complete master reset of everyone's gear, tents, and vehicles would be awesome but that's completely up to the Devs.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Cause I'd like to still keep my SVD Camo that is bugger all rare.

And so that I know what I'm losing? I mean what, I'd have only 36 slots to fill...

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                              That's what I figured... LOL...

I agree overall on the reset though. It needs to be game-wide in order to have any real effect.
                              If this were to happen I'd be fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X