• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dayz MAP Lingor Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZyJ59A5_u4 gameplay vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklqqAw7E4Q installation vid

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment..._the_easy_way/

Re: New Dayz MAP Lingor Island

Is this something that has to be rolled out by the hive or provided in the DayZ mod files?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and for the record, the moderators on the DayZ forums are locking any and every thread that contains information on how to do this or what servers are running it, etc. This map is NOT an official map, not supported by the mod or the team.

Comment

Didn't Rocket mod Arma II? So he has issues with someone modding his mod? Really? Where is the link so I can read or listen to Rocket say that Lingor Island does not have the day z blessing?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmfist View Post
          Didn't Rocket mod Arma II? So he has issues with someone modding his mod? Really? Where is the link so I can read or listen to Rocket say that Lingor Island does not have the day z blessing?
          Thanks
          It does seem kind of odd they don't look into adding a second official map. Maybe travel between locations might add some depth.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it is great there is another map. I understand it is only on private hives or some such. I'm not up on the computer jargon, even with Apophis's helpful post. I hope that day z mod guys are not taking offense at the whole thing. For the Arma II guys- how many "official" maps were released with ARMA II and OA? Maybe the guys will officially mod one of those.
            Last edited by Grimmfist; 08-03-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Not so difficult to believe that they don't want a second map running around right now.

First think of condition of the hive as it is right now. Various problems just keeping everything barely stable. One good push and it will burst into flames. :)

Second Imagine the stress that keeping track of 2 different islands with players jumping back and forth between will have on the hive.

Third it's not an offical map so may have numerous issues itself with the landscape and such and people would expect rocket to fix them even if it's not official.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

The Lingor map does look more interesting though.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmfist View Post
                  For the Arma II guys- how many "official" maps were released with ARMA II and OA?
                  For the record:
                  • Chernarus
                  • Utes
                  • Shapur
                  • Takistan
                  • Zargabad
                  • Proving Grounds
                  • Desert Island
                  • Bystrica
                  • Bukovina

As for non-official ones that we use, you can see the list here: Click me.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Thanks, 'Drag.

Comment

You're welcome Grimmfist. Come join us at some point, you already got the game. :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Meh doesn't really fit the feel of dayz to me. Perhaps a new map of Midwest america....that would be cool
                        Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
                          Meh doesn't really fit the feel of dayz to me. Perhaps a new map of Midwest america....that would be cool
                          Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                          This. It's like The Walking Dead. Anyone care to map out all of Georgia?

Originally posted by Scattershot View Post
                          Not so difficult to believe that they don't want a second map running around right now.

First think of condition of the hive as it is right now. Various problems just keeping everything barely stable. One good push and it will burst into flames. :)

Second Imagine the stress that keeping track of 2 different islands with players jumping back and forth between will have on the hive.

Third it's not an offical map so may have numerous issues itself with the landscape and such and people would expect rocket to fix them even if it's not official.
                          And, this. People already complain about any added features when there are still so many bugs; a whole new map is the last thing that needs to go in now. Think DLC after the fist year of official release.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Hey, I just started playing it and it is pretty fun. Tonight I jacked the truck from my murderer. I respawned near where he killed me and I rounded the corner to find his truck parked full of AKM and basic supplies...

It was great driving around the map, I ended up ditching the truck into the crystal clear water of some unknown bay when I ran low on gas. I even broadcasted over the side chat that I saw a truck ditched in the bay. I was hoping that I could get a response, but I decided to swim to the other side of the bay and get out of there quickly.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I haven't touched Chernarus since I switched to Lingor. It's a MUCH better layout than Chernarus. there's FIVE barracks locations, and 4 major cities with many medium sized ones well spaced out on the map. It gets the player base more spread out on the map rather than having everyone at NWAF/Stary Novo or down in Cherno/Elektro. There are separate little "nooby" starting islands that you have a high chance to start on and then make your way to the mainland, but you also have a change of spawning right in the middle of the map along a river. Combine that with a metric ton more of military spawns on the island, you no longer have to make that trek to the one area that has good military loot on the map. Even with all of these factors that should spread the population out I CONSTANTLY run into other players, not just if I go into a major city. This is because the map actually has a lot less open space on it due to it being smaller and having a lot more water. There are also many small chokepoints for vehicles and players to be ambushed at. Before crossing a bridge or small water way you better scan the hills from a bush before you zig-zag your way to the other side or you will get dropped. Lingor is a lot more active environment and only for those that haven't grown complacent from the massive deserted wilderness that is Chernaurus.

IMO DayZ should have been on a well balanced map like Lingor in the first place.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X