Hello and sad tidings all in one!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and sad tidings all in one!

Hey guys, new player to your DayZ server, BlipOnTheRadar, IGN: Landon. Just wanted to go ahead and post a hello to you guys. Just started doin DayZ today and decided TG's server would be the best place to start. Been seeing you guys for years across a bunch of different games, DF, BF2, BF2142, ArmA/ArmA2, etc, etc. Some of you guys might know the realism unit I used to be in under the same name Landon, the 506th-PIR way back when. Hope to be on the server quite a bit in the near future cause DayZ so far is kind of a blast when people aren't randomly shooting you in the back.

Which unfortunately brings me to the sad part of the story. Yesterday logged on for the first time, and encountered a gentleman who portrayed himself as a kind soul who wanted to help me. Killed some zombies that were tailing me, we held up in a building, he bandaged me up...and then shot me. Situationw as even stranger cause the guy was wearing a ghuilie suit and had a SAW with a scope. I thought it just a bit strange to randomly see someone appear out of nowhere with such heavy machinery. Anyways, I randomly spawned back in to a new location and met up with a guy who was real nice to me. Saved my but from a horde of zombies. Long story short, soon after we met up, same guy with the suit and the SAW randomly showed up in the building and mowed us down. Was at that time that I took a look at the server listing, and I had a feeling it might have been this guy Connor who was doing all the shooting.

Well I take a bit of a break, come back and am in the middle of nowhere. As in there is not to my knowledge a single other player for miles, and I'm in some dinky little town on the Southeast coast of the island. I hide in the building before the restart, come back once the server's back on, walk outside the house....and promptly get mowed down by a SAW. . . Okay, i figure maybe someone else had been there, though it's a bit fishy. Then my suspicions of someone teleporting to me are confirmed when I respawn at a new random location, run into a nearby town(nowhere near the one I was previously in), turn a corner, and am filled with lead from, you guessed it, ANOTHER SAW! Anyway I notice the name Connor is back in the listing and he's one of only a few players so far in the 2-3 minutes the server's been back up who hasn't died. There were a few other's whose names I can't quite recall. Long story short, I know that at least SOMEONE was hacking there way to me for the express purpose of mowing me and anyone else nearby down. Sorry to bring some bad news after the introduction, but I need to put out the information. Anyway, look forward to gaming with you guys soon and down with all hackers!

Re: Hello and sad tidings all in one!

Welcome Landon, I did speak with you shortly on TS tonight and didn't get on til after 9:30pm EST. Take a look at the info I will link to, so you can get to know us and feel free to join us for some tactical gaming and fun.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/faq.php

Comment

Welcome bud! Always check vent to see if you can contact an admin. If there are no admins, simply contact one of the admins via PM on the forums and try your best to determine the hackers name, the time of the incident and the quantity and names of other players who have experienced the same hacker.

Otherwise, welcome and see you around.
      Never fear! Kizz is here! - Medic - Pilot (CAS-Heilo, NO JET) - AT

Comment

I think you mean to say to check TS3...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

ArmA and Planetside are booming right now. DayZ is in hibernation till standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
            ArmA and Planetside are booming right now.
            Yes they are, it's a great time for simulations. Dear Jesus I want to play PlanetSide 2 right now. Gotta eat first. :)

Welcome to the TG forums Landon, sorry to hear about your encounter. Not going to touch too much on that subject as most have. I personally don't play on 137 too often, I usually lone wolf on empty servers or roam with my fireteam, but if I do get on and see you say "Hey" and I'll be glad to team up with you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X