Recourse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recourse?

Any recourse on having my character reset? I killed a guy at Starry Sobor and took off into the woods... I didn't know if he had comrades around and I didn't wanna find out.... I hung out in the woods for awhile and no one else showed so I figured the battle was over. I disconnected at that point with no conflict going. When I logged back in later I was dead and had to start over.... I know its very frustrating for everyone, and dying is part of the game but I either got hacked or unfairly reset. It was friday night about 9:45pm pacific time. Like everyone, its frustrating to build up a great character just to be kilt by a hacker, or unjustly reset by an admin..... thanks...

Re: Recourse?

Welcome to the world of Dayz. The hacker problem has been an ongoing issues with players, admins and developers. Your dying when coming back into the server wasn't a result of an admin but something with the Hive, which we all have had issues with from time to time. Our admins don't or ever had access to the Hive that we all share. The TG server is not a private Hive. If you have any more issues you can freely post them in the CAA thread or the Server issues thread.

Comment

It's worth a try to log into your character again, the server may have been having issues with connecting to the main HIVE. They may also be releasing 1.7.5 soon, and some weapons may be removed, so they might be resetting all characters.
      |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Hmmm, removing weapons? I haven't been following that... Have you been on at all since then?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys... yea, I know about the sucky stuff, I was just whining... I had that character going for over a month and it was just, well, you know .... sucky....

Comment

FYI, just so we're clear: the server administrators cannot kill you, change your gear, or reset your characters. We can only kick or ban you from this particular server.

Sorry dude - that's a rough deal. I mean, I hate to say it, y'know, but the bandit in me ... the bandit in Zho's saying - there's only one thing left to do. I guess you just gotta get back in and kill every bastard on the map until you get your gear back. :)

Good luck friend!

Comment

On the other side of things I lost my life in Starry Sobor at about that time last Friday. You didn't make off with an M-14, a GPS, and a pair of NVGs did you...? Without some form of requital I can't guarantee that I won't be looking for you.

iantron

Comment

Hmmm... it has been a while since I was on... Maybe I will have to get back on to kill some of the unknowns...

...lol...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Logged on yesterday to find my char gone. No idea what happened. D:

Comment

I just checked and mine is there...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X