Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Mechanic Are You Most Excited for in DayZ SA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mechanic Are You Most Excited for in DayZ SA?

I'm pretty stoked for the base mechanics which are to be implemented later in the development of the game. At release, I think the loot spawning is going to totally change the way anyone plays DayZ.

Anything you're looking out for in particular?
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: What Mechanic Are You Most Excited for in DayZ SA?

Bases!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Anything that promotes group gameplay. Am I correct that something was mentioned about being able to specialize into medicine. The idea being that medical spec'd player can fix a broken leg, but a normal player can only splint a leg.
      Viking

Comment

An updated gear menu anyone?
        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Crafting System!

Comment

Gotta say bases, either that or bigger/new maps.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I like the new clothing system, and how individual pieces of clothing will have inventory slots. Makes that tac vest useful, not just cool looking to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                I like the new clothing system, and how individual pieces of clothing will have inventory slots. Makes that tac vest useful, not just cool looking to wear.
                Yeah, it'll compliment the new inventory system too. Make it more logical. Probably be able to place shotguns shells in your shirt pocket if you're wearing a flannel shirt or something.

Seaman

Comment

Can't pick one so I will cheat and pick the interplay of two. Bases and the increased focused on survival, ie environmental threats. The most boring part of DayZ for me was the log in/log out AS50 player hunters. It was skill less, not immersive for me and turned what was a potentially fascinating game into yet another 'Hur de Hur' shoot the man in the face with as little risk to yourself as possible whilst simultaneously stroking yourself in a gorse bush. Honestly, I have a shelf full of those games. If they would only take sniper rifles out of the game almost completely and force more close range combat and interaction by restricting things to assault rifles and below.

This whole thing is moving in the right direction though, at least in my opinion. The environment is becoming a real threat, the zombies more dangerous, the imperative and the danger of trying to work together being brought to the fore. I think the restriction of crummy 'boom hed shot' weapons is clearly the next step so I look forward to that along with the weapons being actual objects in the game world with wear and tear and modification etc. This is really starting to shape up and develop his potential.

That's the thing about DayZ for me is that it's not the bang bang all the time that's interesting, I know of a hundred unimaginative games that can do that. Its the risk of bang bang, the tension filled interaction and the need to weigh up collaborating or not with someone who may be a total stranger. Game Companies take more and more control away from the player in a bid to deliver a 'Cinematic Interactive Event' and we end up with some brainless, on rails corridor fest that appears to have been scripted by an under achieving chimpanzee. DayZ on the other hand has the potentialy to deliver a truly compelling experience that rivals any modern medium with absolute interactivity and self determination. That to my mind, is what's amazing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                    Can't pick one so I will cheat and pick the interplay of two. Bases and the increased focused on survival, ie environmental threats. The most boring part of DayZ for me was the log in/log out AS50 player hunters. It was skill less, not immersive for me and turned what was a potentially fascinating game into yet another 'Hur de Hur' shoot the man in the face with as little risk to yourself as possible whilst simultaneously stroking yourself in a gorse bush. Honestly, I have a shelf full of those games. If they would only take sniper rifles out of the game almost completely and force more close range combat and interaction by restricting things to assault rifles and below.

This whole thing is moving in the right direction though, at least in my opinion. The environment is becoming a real threat, the zombies more dangerous, the imperative and the danger of trying to work together being brought to the fore. I think the restriction of crummy 'boom hed shot' weapons is clearly the next step so I look forward to that along with the weapons being actual objects in the game world with wear and tear and modification etc. This is really starting to shape up and develop his potential.

That's the thing about DayZ for me is that it's not the bang bang all the time that's interesting, I know of a hundred unimaginative games that can do that. Its the risk of bang bang, the tension filled interaction and the need to weigh up collaborating or not with someone who may be a total stranger. Game Companies take more and more control away from the player in a bid to deliver a 'Cinematic Interactive Event' and we end up with some brainless, on rails corridor fest that appears to have been scripted by an under achieving chimpanzee. DayZ on the other hand has the potentialy to deliver a truly compelling experience that rivals any modern medium with absolute interactivity and self determination. That to my mind, is what's amazing about it.
                    well, dayz 2017 got rid of the Sniper rifle... that is still fun...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I remember how Rocket said that bases will be constructed underground. It got me thinking how exactly it was going to be done. So you'll need a shovel, right? How about the e-tool? What's going to be covering the hole? A grate, bushes, anything? How do you get stuff inside? What kind of stuff can you put inside? Can you dig enough space for a car? If your base gets big enough, what about support beams made from trees? Where's all the dirt going? Will there be a mound of dirt near the base? Can you transport that dirt somewhere in a vehicle to conceal your base? If you drive over your base with a car, what will happen in the instanced base? Is there a set number of bases that can be constructed? Can you build a base anywhere?

A lot of questions, but just some things I've been considering.

Seaman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...