Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DayZ system requirements -- need better than Arma II?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayZ system requirements -- need better than Arma II?

I'm downloading the demo for Arma II Operation Arrowhead now to see if I can run it, but I'm really only doing so to see if I will be able to run DayZ. I was wondering if you guys knew whether DayZ might be a bit more resource-intensive than the basic game (mods often are) or whether the Arma II demo ought to be a good gauge of whether I can run it. I think there's a good chance my machine won't cut it and I don't trust the minimum sys reqs on boxes (I'm on a pretty good laptop, but it's been years since I tried to run a proper resource-intensive game).

(btw - I'm a long-defunct TG member, hence the reason I'm posting here)
    [volun]

Re: DayZ system requirements -- need better than Arma II?

H-Hour it is required to have Arma2 plus Operation Arrowhead and the Expansion/Beta to run the Dayz mod. The joining of Arma2 plus Operation Arrowhead will give you the Combined Arms makeup. After that you will need the Expansion/Beta together with @Dayz to run the mod on any server.

Comment

Yes, I know, thanks Sarge. That's why I'm wondering about the sys reqs before I go buying a game I'm not interested in just to get at the mod.
      [volun]

Comment

I was doing ok with an AMD64 5600 dual core 8Gs of ram and a 560ti video card. Ok for me was between 15 and 25 frps. I now have my Arma2OA combined Arms on an SSD on a newer setup with an Intel i5 3570 Quad and 32Gs of ram and I am always above an average of 40 frps. Does this help?

Comment

If your current setup can run it I would wait until after the 5th of March when the Alpha for Arma3 comes out and see if the Arma2 Combined Arms drops in price. And then maybe the Dayz Standalone will follow suit.

Comment

Yeah, your old specs are better than mine. I just tried out the demo and I'm getting pretty low fps, can barely control it. Oh well, thanks for the help Sarge!
            [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X