Do you even drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you even drive?

Do vehicles even exist on this server? (rhetorical question) Been running around through the west (north and south) and haven't found a single vehicle besides a MI-8 that was so messed up I would probably find the elusive mountain dew before I fixed it =P

Anyone else having any luck in the transportation department. I know they exists somewhere.

Anyway, any fun server happenings lately?

Re: Do you even drive?

Do I drive? Nope. I found a lovely seaside villa and have been residing there lately. I'll try to pick up a vehicle at some point but I often find they bring more trouble than benefit. It's a shame there can't be more stringent 'ownership' rules. I understand easy come easy go but unlike a real apocalypse we have a day job!

Comment

There was some vehicles I remember encountering on the server, some were owned by me...including the Gray GAZ. (The Silver Bullet/Gray Ghost) I also drove the Ural when we were searching for supplies. They are out there, but certainly hard to find.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

We have vehicles. As a whole, TG usually possess quite a few vehicles and/or aircraft. If you want one of your own, you'll have to search hard, or just be lucky, and be prepared to fix, maintain, and hide them. We had a bunch of unfortunate accidents this weekend, losing at least 4 vehicles. Sorry Apo. ;) My mantra for vehicles is easy come, easy go.

Comment

Too bad my mantra is Hard come Easy go. They are always hard to come by unless you are on one of those thousands of vehicle servers, but you go offline for sleep or work, it is easily gone =P I was just raising the discussion because I usually have found a vehicle by now that is in better condition than that MI-8, and these forums seemed rather quiet. But yeah I have a jerry can, spare tire, and a tool box ready to go for when I do find one. Other than my lack of transport, my friend and I are really enjoying this server. I like (and was surprised by) the lack of "Side" channel. It has always been so quiet. The other night, I was about to comment about how quiet it was in "side," but discovered there was no "side." Then of course immediately there after ran into a guy named Dan, who I should thank for my L85. Oh and Dan, if you browse these forums, sorry, it was night... on the airfield... my friend and I weren't taking chances.

Bear... I want to hear the story behind losing 4 vehicles, pray tell.

Comment

As a heads up, just know that you must make a name for yourself and earn your trust...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by kinitsu View Post
              I like (and was surprised by) the lack of "Side" channel. It has always been so quiet.
              That's one of my favorite aspects of the server. A survival game isn't so scary when you can just shout out in side and ask "Can someone come and give me a ride?" :P

I really like the use of Direct Channel. More than once I have used it to determine if I was going to help someone or hurt someone.

Welcome to the server, I'll look for you when I'm online and say "Hello" in Direct.

Comment

I play the same way. I actually play, mostly, with local on constantly so that I have the added point of not talking and keeping quiet while playing around the Z's or even people.

In cherno one night I found a guy with an Ax in the firehouse and approached him and told him to "Stop, Don't Move." Everything was going swimmingly until someone detonated a satchel at the supermarket behind me. I yelled, "Well never mind, you are free to go! Be careful! Bad guys around!"

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  As a heads up, just know that you must make a name for yourself and earn your trust...
                  Well on a server where the only time you see a player's name is when you inspect their corpse, it is hard to make a reputation. Which is one reason I started posting on the forums. Though I suppose I should check out your teamspeak. I look forward to running into some people especially because my friend is too busy with Arma 3 alpha. So with him gone, I traveled to electro and committed suicide so I would have a fresh start. It is a fun story actually.

I was in the hills to the northwest of electro scouting it before I was going to enter. I see zombies at the rail station 800m out. I obviously could not have spawned them. After awhile saw the player responsible dip into a warehouse, so I decide to have fun and throw flares to get his attention. So I throw a flare into the middle of the fields and continue to throw them as they burn out. Eventually I catch him leaving the warehouse and go further into electro. So watching him and throwing flares continues for a good 30 minutes, it wasn't until he got on top of the school that he even saw the flares... to which he starts shooting them. His next stop was the supermarket. This time when I throw a flare it gets caught in the tree I am on... When I first spotted him all he had was a pistol, at some point he found a rifle and that is what he killed me with. A bit sad though, I could have killed him at any point during those 30-45 minutes, instead I just sat back and watched trying to get his attention to say "Hi"

In the end it was fine, because my whole objective going to electro was to find someone to buddy up with, or get killed and start fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                    Well on a server where the only time you see a player's name is when you inspect their corpse, it is hard to make a reputation. Which is one reason I started posting on the forums. Though I suppose I should check out your teamspeak. I look forward to running into some people especially because my friend is too busy with Arma 3 alpha. So with him gone, I traveled to electro and committed suicide so I would have a fresh start. It is a fun story actually.

I was in the hills to the northwest of electro scouting it before I was going to enter. I see zombies at the rail station 800m out. I obviously could not have spawned them. After awhile saw the player responsible dip into a warehouse, so I decide to have fun and throw flares to get his attention. So I throw a flare into the middle of the fields and continue to throw them as they burn out. Eventually I catch him leaving the warehouse and go further into electro. So watching him and throwing flares continues for a good 30 minutes, it wasn't until he got on top of the school that he even saw the flares... to which he starts shooting them. His next stop was the supermarket. This time when I throw a flare it gets caught in the tree I am on... When I first spotted him all he had was a pistol, at some point he found a rifle and that is what he killed me with. A bit sad though, I could have killed him at any point during those 30-45 minutes, instead I just sat back and watched trying to get his attention to say "Hi"

In the end it was fine, because my whole objective going to electro was to find someone to buddy up with, or get killed and start fresh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X