Us137

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us137

Did US 137 go down? I notice another host has a server with ID US 137 wondering if we are no longer supporting the hive? I saw that the old IP was attached to a Taviana server now

Re: Us137

Well i think the effort for dealing with "malicious actors" is needed, but i fear that the game loses its edge on a private server, especially with how small the dayz community has been of late. There will be rarely if any pvp considering that most people do not intend on coming to a private server because of the lack of hive connection.

Comment

While I do not play DAYZ, I wonder if that is the product of serious gamers seeking an environment where the "anything goes" aspect of said enviornment excludes, "including modifying the game itself".

I.E. Having to tolerate script kiddies, code trolls, and hackers.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

It's a great place to build an Empire with just an ax and a can of beans.

Comment

Oh i mean to say TG dayz community, i would say the majority of the traffic on us 137 is by nomads, not people who are making a home

Comment

There is no doubt the private servers are getting a lot more traffic than the hive servers are. All you have to do is use DayZ Commander and sort by players. Taviana seems to lead the maps in servers and number of players as of this post.

The only problem I see is the settings. There are only 2 active servers which show 3DP:OFF at this moment, and neither of them have any players on them. All of the other populated servers show 3DP:ON. Only 2 servers identify with CH:OFF and neither of those have any players on them at this moment as well.

Of the current most populated servers, it seems the ones who advertise things like custom buildings, starting load-outs, extra vehicles, extra crash sites, daytime only, no fog, etc are at the top of the populated list.

I am by no means stating this as a request to do the same as I am very big into the "hardcore" style of play, I am only pointing it out to show it seems more people want it easy than not.

Also, if we change to a custom server, I would highly recommend our admins be a part of the Open DayZ Community at http://opendayz.net/index.php

It seems to be a great site for help in running mods like this as they are always working on advancing the mod with new scripts and whatnot. One that I thought was pretty cool was the addition of Dogs into the game. There are also scripts that allow the scavenging of vehicle parts and siphoning of fuel from vehicles. As a harcore player, I see no prblem adding stuff like this in as it stays with the "realism" feel of the game.

Comment

More zombies, more vehicles, and I am a happy camper :) Some of those maps are too big to be without some means of transportation.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                This also gives us the flexibility to mod the game as we like an add additional support for extra goodies!
                This has given me some motivation to reconsider giving this game a try after you've announced the server you are testing is available to us. If it already is, then just chalk that up to my ignorance on the DAY Z side of things.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

As much as I cry over the loss of a few weeks worth of Industrial Looting netting me over 20 Tank Traps and 5 Wires I greatly support the move to Taviana (though I much prefer Lingor). Is their any word if we can get our old instance back just so that I can reacquire those assets from a tent and move to another Hive server?

I would prefer if the mods keep the game as close to 'hard' as possible. This means forcing first person, no txt chat, no side chat/group chat. I am unfamiliar with how the mods of the mod work so I can not ask much else.

Comment

you able to add certain weapons to the loot tables and other types of goodies? I am fond of the G36 A and K and the Mk. 12 and the AK-107. the AK-107 is more stable compared to the normal AK weapons.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Alright, I mean, there are plenty of weapons that they put in Taviana.EU and they seem to work well, plus really hard to kill zombies which means everyone has to get headshots or critical shots. If you know what you are doing then it is fun.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Whats new with Taviana that I should know about since I guess Wyatt's going on vacation. Any good places to sight see? Any thing extremely different with the gameplay?

Comment

If we tell you then that would spoil your exploritory experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                            Whats new with Taviana that I should know about since I guess Wyatt's going on vacation. Any good places to sight see? Any thing extremely different with the gameplay?
                            Let's just say that there are islands and and some very remote islands with fuel pumps... Plus there are some decent cities and airfields...

By the way, Apo, is the old crop duster and AC130 on the server and could we have a vodnik with or without the turrets on it? The Vodnik can go in water and hold a bunch of guys, so it is really useful...

Comment

To say this is exciting would be an incredible understatement. I'm excited about the fresh start, putting distance between our server and the vanilla hive by going private, etc. However, I'm hopeful to see some scarcity incorporated such as what DayZ 2017 offers. I'd also really like to see an inverted timezone, e.g., 6PM EST is 6AM EST in-game, etc. That way prime time has daylight online and during daylight hours offline when most users are at school or work, it discourages any advantage.

Regardless of the particulars going forward, this is definitely an encouraging start!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X