Byelov, a picturebook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byelov, a picturebook.

In which I attempt to tell a story with pictures, critiques, questions, welcome etc. FAQ at the bottom.

FAQ.
    What is this?
    I try to maintain Byelov as a jumping off point.
    What's in the tents?
    Stuff. Side arms and long guns, medical supplies, food and water, and backpacks.
    Oh cool, so I can mount up in my pickup and come loot it all? ALSO/OR; "I'm a bandit/troll/I just want to watch the world burn. I'm taking all your stuff Muhahahaha."
    Sure, but keep in mind that this is low hanging fruit intended for people who've just respawned. It's also for everyone. I make no distinction between a bandit and a member of the 6th/12th/42nd for supply purposes. I don't shoot other survivors. Your petty northern (and keep in mind, everything worth doing is north from Byelov on the main island) squabbles do not concern me, for in my small domain, I am king!
    Who the hell is that with the Lee Enfield scurrying around Byelov?
    That's me. My pseudonym is Polaris. I also hang out on teamspeak if you want to check in.
    What won't go in the tents?
    Explosives and extremely rare items. I will not be supplying people with grenades, satchel charges, sandbags, camping tents, M107s, etc. This is not a base, it is a supply point for those venturing north, ie everyone.
    I'm still going to scavenge because it looks like a trap/I don't trust you/I don't trust other people
    I maintain two other central loot piles, one in the supermarket across the street, one in the fire station down the block. You're welcome to pick through those, or scavenge the city normally. The tents are intended to be the highest speed option. There's a pile of car parts near the gas station as well, but that's usually pretty scarce.
    Why are you doing this?
    Because I enjoy it, and because I didn't see anyone else doing something similar.
    Hey! The tents are empty/don't have what I want. What's the deal?
    1) I cannot be on all the time, so if someone drives through an empties it, tough luck, complain to them.
    2) I absolutely, positively, do not guarantee at all what the tents might contain. I try to keep them stocked with the necessities. Operative words there are "try" and "necessities".
    What do you do with aforementioned "uber" loot like tents, DMRs, etc?
    1) I destroy explosives. By exploding them. I throw grenades, set off satchel charges, etc.
    2) Tents, sandbags, rare long guns, I call out on TS. If no one wants them, see step 3.
    3) Everything else goes in one of the three piles (fire station, supermarket, gas station corner). These piles vanish on server reset. It's really far out of the way to check regularly, so I wouldn't recommend it, there are better things to do with your time. I really don't find that much "good" stuff.
    Your tents. Give them to me.
    I can't. I died after placing them down. According to the server, no one owns them, so no amount of begging or threats can get me to pack them up, not because I don't want to, but because I physically can't.
    Last edited by mat552; 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM.

Re: Byelov, a picturebook.

I was wondering who that was! Cool

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Tsunami evacuation routes?

J/K, generous service yer providing there man :)
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome. Many thanks for the hard work!

Comment

Pretty cool Mat. The Coffee Bean Revolutionaries, and its affiliated political party the Espresso Party, acknowledges your attempts at rebuilding the world and pleads to your sensibilities to join its ranks. Together we can create a better tomorrow today.

The Coffee Bean Revolutionaries officially acknowledges the shoreline and Byelov as a sanctuary. However, understand that if Illuminati forces move aggressively in such an area this can change.

Comment

Mat, while there is some merit to the revolutionaries opinions, I discourage you from entertaining a full affiliation, but rather, maintaining a neutral stance. It's a tough world out there. I prefer to be passively subversive, straddling the line, avoiding confrontation, and continuing my work to find the cure. Help others, but always keep focus on the cause. We will free the people from this disease, those zombies are people too. Good people once, who can be good people again. Sure, some of them are the original oppressors, but they can do good work with a shovel or a broom now for lack of better skills.

I digress. A new world awaits.
            sigpic

Comment

I pondered breaking out my HL2 files and slotting together something from Father Grigori, but that was just too much work.

Also, my allegiance is to Byelov. I am on everyone's side, and no one's. I won't rat anybody out, but if I don't know there's a chase on, I will inquire over TS if I hear or see anyone running through to make sure they know there is stuff available. I'd really like it if everyone could keep their various wars out of my kingdom. I deliberately picked an area that's out of the way to be accommodating.

Comment

Have no fear, you will be one of the first to get the cure for your loved ones, to test for me of course.
                sigpic

Comment

Apophis you continue to confound me with your changes to the spawn system! The supermarket fully respawns as soon as I turn my back, yet the fire station remains frustratingly empty even after ten or twenty minutes at a variety of distances and z levels.

Comment

Now we know why Sarge gave his 5 star stamp of approval as soon as Polaris hit the server last week. I hope to never need of the beans and Winchesters, but will remember if (when) I do!
                    |TG-6th|FYAH29
                    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Effective 4/17, I will no longer be maintaining the tents with regularity. This decision is a conflux of two factors.

1) Real life obligations are mounting.
                      2) Since the server has become public, I have logged on most days to find all four tents empty of any supplies deposited the previous night (sometimes they are full to the brim of tin cans, watches, and czech vest pouches). This has been emotionally draining, to say the least. Additionally, I've taken a not insignificant amount of fire after attempting to announce myself to several unknowns.

Occasionally, I will still do my best to stock them, but it is no longer a primary game objective for me. The game environment has changed and is no longer conducive to the type of behavior I had hoped to continue. I may consider setting up TG hide sites to be announced to the appropriately private areas.

Comment

The Coffee Bean Revolutionaries acknowledge your work to bettering the life of the meek and down trodden. We are sad to see you buying into the propaganda of TGA and while we wish you the best can not promise your safety.

Comment

YT, if I do set up a hidesite, you will be in the know for the coordinates, as will Googl and company. I still won't discriminate (except against public players, because seriously, kind of uncool to fill the public tents with crap).

Comment

That's too bad Mat552. Your tents were very helpful to me recently. I was able to get some much needed food and water and dropped off some ammo and bits I couldn't use but found in the fire station.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X