Coming back to Dayz...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to Dayz...

With a completely fresh install of Arma 2 and its addons on steam. What do I need to make the installation of Dayz and then Taviana as painless as possible?

Any help will be appreciated as I've been banging my head into a wall with it for 2 days.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Re: Coming back to Dayz...

Hey Scatter, a good application to install dayz and additional maps is http://www.dayzcommander.com/
    That should get you up and going.

Comment

With Steam you should be update with right version (1.62) of Combined Arms. It is recommended to run Arma2 by itself first go into any single mission and then shut it down or back out of game. Then do the same with Operation Arrowhead. This will help to set the registry keys properly to run Combined Arms. Then after you download Dayzcommander look for install and update tap at top mid right and instal latest version of Dayz. Then scroll down list and look for DayzTaviana.com version 2.0, install this one. Over on the left put Tacticalgamer.com in filter list to show our server. Double click on server name and you should be good to go. Any other problems look for anyone of us in the Dayz Taviana TS channel to assist.

Comment

Thank you for the help. That was alot easier than the new version of six updater.

I was able to log into server. Only got 1 error "No entry bin\config.bin/Cfgmagazines.woodenarrow" It kicked me out the first try but not the second.

Well I spawned in on the side of a hill by the water in the dark. Where can I get a map so I can wander around in circles trying to figure out where I am? :)

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

you must be near Byelov, just head east, or rather up the hill towards the top. Go through the forrest and look for a town.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

You'll get one of those errors every time you try to log in if you're like me. I just use them as a gate to keep me from spawning while I'm tabbed out so that I can browse safely while the game loads.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X