Leyepestok: Ground Zero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leyepestok: Ground Zero

Images of what the hackers nuke script can do. The only area on the server with destroyed buildings had the highest concentration 1 block from our base.

Our base had double high containers around the now leveled supermarket, 2 bunkers and 14 tents full of gear - all destroyed. This will inevitably happen again somewhere else, to someone else just like the old DayZ servers. And without the ability to roll back before the hack to stop people getting banned from picking up hacked weapons or other items. I'm just going to stop playing until there is a solid way to stop hackers.

Last edited by FunsizeEvil; 04-25-2013, 05:25 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Leyepestok: Ground Zero

Yer but didn't effect the whole server so lets not roll back :P

lets call the hack a natural accurance and carry on and hope it doesn't happen to us :)
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Originally posted by BL1P View Post
      Yer but didn't effect the whole server so lets not roll back :P

lets call the hack a natural accurance and carry on and hope it doesn't happen to us :)
      You got that right BL1P.
      sigpic

Comment

Yup!
        sigpic

Comment

Guys, theres really no need for a second thread to voice the opinions you already stated. Also, to the original point you made about quitting until hacks can be prevented Funsize, I really hate to say it, but thats going to be a very very long vacation. DayZ has been around for a couple years now and there are still new and inventive ways to hack the game coming out regularly. That is no different from any title out there. There is no promise that hacks can or will be preventable.

You guys had some bad luck in getting hit. I went to your base immediately before and after the restart. The buildings and probably 90% of your structures returned. I lost almost an entire base, gear and all. Buflak DID lose an entire base. Please dont go around making a show like you're the only ones who got the short end of the stick, because it isnt true. You can keep playing and rebuild, which I guarantee that many people would be willing to help out with, or you can quit because its not 100% preventable and we wont roll the server back. But there is absolutely no use in creating multiple threads to complain about it.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Funsize! I wanted to check the area out before the restart. Shame that the terrorists win though:/

What I thought was interesting was the pseudo nuclear winter that happened next. Perpetual overcast, lightning/thunder without rain, and a constant haunting wind.

Though not on topic the only way to absolutely stop hackers is to have a white list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Guys, theres really no need for a second thread to voice the opinions you already stated. Also, to the original point you made about quitting until hacks can be prevented Funsize, I really hate to say it, but thats going to be a very very long vacation. DayZ has been around for a couple years now and there are still new and inventive ways to hack the game coming out regularly. That is no different from any title out there. There is no promise that hacks can or will be preventable.

You guys had some bad luck in getting hit. I went to your base immediately before and after the restart. The buildings and probably 90% of your structures returned. I lost almost an entire base, gear and all. Buflak DID lose an entire base. Please dont go around making a show like you're the only ones who got the short end of the stick, because it isnt true. You can keep playing and rebuild, which I guarantee that many people would be willing to help out with, or you can quit because its not 100% preventable and we wont roll the server back. But there is absolutely no use in creating multiple threads to complain about it.
              Its a pic thread take it easy dude :)

Also funsizes vacation actually involves about 8 people so thats 8 people gone no big loss really but.... that's 8 regulars you could of had with a little effort.
              and all tg regulars not pubbers/hackers.

Comment

If it was just pics and talk about the damage/ingame effect yeah sure, but its not. The OP used the oppurtunity to say he quit unless we can stop all hackers, which we can't unless we make the server wholly private (which can be reasonable).

You then used the opportunity to passive aggressively show disapproval of the lack of a roll back. Something which I doubt could happen anyways since the privateDB doesn't work 100% with the basebuilding mini-mod.

Comment

Its a pic thread take it easy dude :)

Also funsizes vacation actually involves about 8 people so thats 8 people gone no big loss really but.... that's 8 regulars you could of had with a little effort.
                  and all tg regulars not pubbers/hackers.
                  Hey, thats perfectly fine BL1P. If 8 people want to take a vacation after:
                  1. Going through something 99% of the rest of the server population has gone through, many of us multiple times, without hackers even being involved
                  and
                  2. Being offered assistance in rebuilding your base

then so be it. But dont lay it on the fact that we're not putting in the effort, because that's flat out disrespectful and a willing lie. Our admins work DAMN hard to provide us with an excellent server and to keep that server clean and functioning. As a result of that, the hacker that took out your base was gone the second any of the admins knew there was something wrong. A subsequent server restart gave you back 90% of what you lost and cost many other people a lot in the process. Your group has been offered assistance by the community. But DO NOT try to hold guilt over our heads because we wont acquiesce to the fact that you're unhappy about only getting back MOST of what you lost and feel like whining about the lack of a rollback.

If you choose to leave because we wont roll back the server, thats on YOU and YOU ALONE. If you choose to leave because there is no foolproof way of ensuring the server stays hack-free, thats on YOU and YOU ALONE. But dont DARE to lay this on the admin staff not playing hostage to your wants.

Comment

Hey, thats perfectly fine BL1P. If 8 people want to take a vacation after:
                    1. Going through something 99% of the rest of the server population has gone through, many of us multiple times, without hackers even being involved
                    and
                    2. Being offered assistance in rebuilding your base

then so be it. But dont lay it on the fact that we're not putting in the effort, because that's flat out disrespectful and a willing lie. Our admins work DAMN hard to provide us with an excellent server and to keep that server clean and functioning. As a result of that, the hacker that took out your base was gone the second any of the admins knew there was something wrong. A subsequent server restart gave you back 90% of what you lost and cost many other people a lot in the process. Your group has been offered assistance by the community. But DO NOT try to hold guilt over our heads because we wont acquiesce to the fact that you're unhappy about only getting back MOST of what you lost and feel like whining about the lack of a rollback.

If you choose to leave because we wont roll back the server, thats on YOU and YOU ALONE. If you choose to leave because there is no foolproof way of ensuring the server stays hack-free, thats on YOU and YOU ALONE.
                    We joined the server under a false preconception on our part, told to us via TS.
                    We where under the impression this wasn't the same as normal DayZ.
                    Whereby hackers could ruin the game for all.
                    Most of us have played Dayz since day 1 (or in my case day 4 of the release of dayz).
                    So yes I have played hundreds of days of dayz :) and restarted my building and collecting hundreds of times cause of hackers.
                    What I was after was a dayz without the restarting your persistent game building because of a hacker.

I now realise this isn't possible on TG dayz so I stopped playing there.
                    Shame as I was having fun but its the same old same old as before.

I offered some suggestions on how to fix this but they seem to go against what you guys wish, so no biggy and no problem.

Great fun and enjoy your game.

Comment

I offered some suggestions on how to fix this but they seem to go against what you guys wish, so no biggy and no problem.

Great fun and enjoy your game.
                      Its not possible to prevent a script kiddie on the ArmAII engine without preventing them from getting on the server. This can only be done with a whitelist which has the negative effect of blocking out the good people who just want to play the game.

Its sad that you have to go, maybe the standalone will bring you back!

Comment

Ferris we checked the base after, and all our tents and improvements we made have gone. But its not really the base is the issue its the fact that I would've thought the admins would have back ups and they didn't. And also when it happened the admins stayed quiet and moved channel. It felt like to us it was there way of saying, ''Its not our fault the server was nuked and weeks of work for people was destroyed but were fine with it, it didn't effect us'' ( I'm not saying that's what happened its just what it felt like to us. My opinion)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                          Its not possible to prevent a script kiddie on the ArmAII engine without preventing them from getting on the server. This can only be done with a whitelist which has the negative effect of blocking out the good people who just want to play the game.

Its sad that you have to go, maybe the standalone will bring you back!
                          True but you can undo their damage and make it harder for them to join the server.

And yer I think ill just go back to waiting for the standalone which is what I was doing before trying out the TG dayz server.

Comment

Missing the point here lads, if there were backups, utilising them is problematic as you undo everyone's progress for the prescribed period. That is a big deal. It's not selfish of say 20 people not to want their progress erased to correct the suffering of say 4-5.

Now, here's the opportunity in an organisation like say an Alliance. Hold a Barn Raising Party! Stick two fingers up at the malevolent script kiddies and put out a call to arms from your brothers. Everyone load up a vehicle with supplies and have them bring them to a drop off point. You drive there and pick them up. Not from lack of trust but for the purpose of basic security. Get your base back online in a few hours, have some laughs with your mates in the TGA. Celebrate with a virtual BBQ! Get some steaks in game, build some fires and cook em, have a beverage of your choice on your RL desk and chat with your helpful friends and have a bit of a laugh.

Bandits ain't gonna mess with you, you're a big bunch of lads in a field with guns, drinking.

Maybe it happens again months down the line (first time I have seen it on Taviana TG). Hold the Barn Raising BBQ again and have some laughs.

Mature, Teamwork based Community

Comment

But dont lay it on the fact that we're not putting in the effort, because that's flat out disrespectful and a willing lie. Our admins work DAMN hard to provide us with an excellent server and to keep that server clean and functioning. As a result of that, the hacker that took out your base was gone the second any of the admins knew there was something wrong.
                              I am aware of the work the admins put in at TG.
                              Though I would appreciate it Feris if you did not make out that I do not understand the work they do or that I an lying or being disrespectful.

Myself rather than calling others liars was offering solutions to a problem rather than causing one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X