DayZ politics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayZ politics

I really love the politics in DayZ right now. This is fun, but also very, very stupid. Parts of this show just how much we don't trust each other and how far some individuals are willing to become douche bags to those who seek to take a humanitarian approach to things or to those who have differing opinions...

Sure, not everyone is going to agree, sure people will kill each other, but is anyone going to consider the possibility that politics could be the death of us more so than hackers or boredom. Maybe the politics will be the cause of the boredom...

I have always liked wandering around the map looking for things and wanting to mess around with maybe one or two other people. If somebody wants a passenger or a fellow player to roam the map with, I'm always ready for an expedition. If they need a blood bag, I will heal them. I like playing doctor. Now, I feel like all we have are overly cautious people who are getting ready to kill each other. I like the idea of a supply depot and roaming with a buddy... That is dayZ for me... If I find a vehicle or something that others could use but I can't, I try to hook them up with it.

I have been alive for a while cause I lived by the idea of being cautiously nice to people and staying away from trouble... Today, it looks like people are going to target me because I am an Irregular and not only that, an Alliance Irregular. There probably will not be any more Irregulars joining the Alliance because we have had Puerto, Chalcas, and the infamous PricelineNegotiator, and now the neutral LowSpeedHighDrag. And LowSpeed isn't looking to fight. Seriously, I don't know what is next... There are people who haven't played DayZ yet and they haven't even been given the chance to play or given the opportunity to enter the Alliance because of suspicion of being in league with the enemy. Whether they are or not hasn't even been truly established. It truly is stupid...

I guess I will have to live up to my nick-name and live as the Mountain Man and live by myself for a while...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: DayZ politics

Personally, I think the politics are more dynamic and entertaining than the game itself... :icon_lol:

I actually find it amazing that even with the paranoia running rampant we haven't had as many friendly fire incidences as one might expect.

Also you don't need to be a member of the Alliance to hop on TS and play nice. In fact isn't that the point, you need to play with members for a while until you become trustworthy enough to be allowed in?

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I like the politics, they make the game infinitely more interesting. I don't have the sense that people are getting targeted beyond localized vendettas. I for one haven't heard much of any "let's get ___" talk. Everyone should be encouraged to join this server and play as whoever they want - good, evil, indifferent. It's a great server because odds are you can get help if you need it and its as easy or easier to form alliances (TGA being the biggest) than it is to make enemies. I know some would beg to differ, but to each their own.

Enable TS overlay to keep track of who is on the channel. Mark people you trust as friends and be careful of what you say. Keep friends close. Keep the unknowns closer.

Comment

Between the drama on the forums and the (seemingly, confirmation bias noted) constant rollbacks of the database, Day Z for me kind of petered out rather quickly.

Comment

:( ... sadness...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Must have missed the 'constant rollbacks'.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
              You said it, I thought it

Comment

You didn't miss it... we were ALL loosing 24+ hrs of progress on a pretty regular basis. The good news, mat, is that we seem to be past that now :)

Comment

Lol I just assumed Jeepo was stealing from me.

Comment

the two aren't mutually exclusive ;)

Comment

I'm aware they weren't "constant" from everyone else's point of view, but I'm not currently afforded the privileged to play every day, so when I did manage to carve out the time to get on, I somehow had the uncanny ability to do so only after another rollback.

Comment

I know your area of operation, mat552, and recommend you get in contact with GhostStalker to maybe work out a plan to work together since your areas are close and doing the same effort of support. I know you two can work together well and enhance each others mission.

Comment

I have to agree with Whiskey here. Thinking that Jeepo is stealing from you is probably a safe assumption regardless of the ancillary circumstances.

Comment

I nominate myself to be Governor. I have an eye patch I can wear.
                            sigpic

Comment

DayZ politics

Eye patches are reserved for the Irregulars who are sea worthy. Besiege has one cause he thinks buoyancy is a qualifier.

But in the meantime, you can close your shooting eye with a patch. :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X