!! Alert: Important server update !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! Alert: Important server update !!

The server has been updated with an Enhanced AI mod. Be alert when you login, there are now AI units in addition to the standard zombies.

YOU WILL TAKE FIRE FROM NPC UNITS - THEY ARE VERY AGGRESSIVE

We're making adjustments so this morning's behavior shouldn't be considered final.

Re: !! Alert: Important server update !!

Are they gonna be able to headshot me from a mile away?

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Simo_The_Mav View Post
      Are they gonna be able to headshot me from a mile away?
      If we are dealing with Veteran level ArmA AI, they are going to headshot you from four kms away with a pellet from a double barrel shotgun after hearing you step on a twig in the subbasement of a soundproofed structure without even turning around.

If we're dealing with Mercenary level ArmA AI, well, I hope you like the beach, because that's the only thing you're going to see for the rest of your 'DayZ'.

Comment

Well they don't seem to run on the regular AI ladder as it were, which I agree used to lead to a lot of "Enemy man spotted at 1000m, he's down" one shot nonsense. I just wasted a bunch of em.

Comment

Dumb question, but does that mean they are dropping their loot after you kill em? :-)
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Awesome changes! Ferris and I were driving around killing them for a while this morning. Only one bandit actually shot at me, the rest stood there like dummies while we shot them at medium range. That was at night though, I'm expecting them to be a little more aware during daylight hours... :p

They did drop their loot but it wasn't much, seems to be kind of random.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

What nardini and I noticed:
              They run around fairly randomly once they've been agitated.
              It took them a long time to actually shoot at us from a distance of 150m, but when they did, they shot laser beams.
              They wear all manner of skins. We saw bandit, hero, military.

BUGS:
              -When helos get shot down, they vanish as soon as you interact with them. You can look at their gear for a brief second, but the whole bird vanishes before you can take anything. I also managed to get into the pilot seat of one for about 2 seconds before it vanished. Luckily, the vanishing act didnt kill me.

-AIs wearing hero or military skins stay put after you interact with their bodies. AIs wearing bandit skins disappear like helos after interaction.

-The AIs are carrying radios, which appear to be useless.

-After you have interacted with any of the new stuff on the server, it causes vehicular problems. For example: if nardini gets in a car before I do, the option to get in the car disappears until he gets out.

...more to follow.

Comment

Hey, Whiskey, are you going to make them smarter or make them use better weapons that could possibly make their range greater? Also, what kind of areas on the map are they more likely to appear? Are they random patrols or do they hang about military camps and do they guard stuff?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

They were appearing everywhere for us Siege. We saw them on roads, in towns, on the side of a mountain, etc.

Comment

Hunter killer NPCs are probably more important to note in the server name than base building.

Comment

please report is anyone sees them appear within a base...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Manichunterdisappearingsharpshootingnpcs

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                          please report is anyone sees them appear within a base...
                          Confirmed. I came around a corner in a "formerly secure" area and took 2 AK rounds to the head. Game over.

Comment

so they get head shots when closer than medium range?

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              so they get head shots when closer than medium range?
                              I don't know. It was 2 shots - could have been body. It was close range so I all I could hear was POP POP.
                              Never saw him but it was still a little dark. Point is, no place is 100% safe so stay alert.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X