A few thoughts about the server environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts about the server environment

Just wanted to start a thread about the quickly changing environment on the server... just so we're all on the same page. I have a few thoughts, but everyone's obviously invited to share ideas, suggestions, or constructive criticism.

1) No matter what happens, lets try to keep the game between the lines and remember that we're friends here, outside of the Tavianaverse. We're ALL here to play a game and have fun! Try to keep things light, play with good sportsmanship, and avoid getting overly attached in your stuff - In DayZ, it's easy come, easy go :)

2) Tags - I know we have a few IHS with players that are playing on different tribes or playing with differing ROEs. From the outside looking in, it's difficult to know who's wearing which hat, so everyone wearing the same tag, by default, tends to get lumped together. If you want to make your affiliation (or lack thereof) clear, maybe consider doing something with tags. (I suppose squad.xml could also be used - that has a field where you can add some text that will show up to the right of your name on the scoreboard.)

3) Building supplies exist to build secure camps/bases; using them as weapons or as a way to grief each other isn't going to be tolerated. Even though this is an incredibly open sandbox-game and we've tried hard to avoid adding any 'rules', we still require everyone play with principles.

Re: A few thoughts about the server environment

Got this in PM, but I'm sure other's have had the same question :)

3) Building supplies exist to build secure camps/bases; using them as weapons or as a way to grief each other isn't going to be tolerated. Even though this is an incredibly open sandbox-game and we've tried hard to avoid adding any 'rules', we still require everyone play with principles.
    Was looking for clarification on this. Are you saying attacking bases is completely off limits, or are you referring to just griefing with them. Like say put containers in front of someones base to block it.
    The latter. Bases are definitely in play!! assault away!! Just kill your "badguys" because you're better shots or out-planned them or whatever. Yes, entombing people/bases with your own containers is definitely no bueno.

Comment

^ Thought whoever asked this to W6 had better understanding of the Primer.
      Shame on you sir...

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

What am I missing? Sounds like things are getting exciting...
        sigpic

Comment

Good point Whiskey, when I got mercilessly executed for no reason by Dredge I guess I could've easily lost my **** over TeamSpeak at him, but its only a game, **** happens, enjoy it as its all part of DayZ.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
            ^ Thought whoever asked this to W6 had better understanding of the Primer.
            Shame on you sir...
            I think you're making a big assumption that the questioner condoned activities being questioned. I read it as a question for clarification, and how it was worded it could well have been asked by the one who was locked in.

Comment

FYI, I have been in touch with the OP, we have discussed and resolved any issues it may have had.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                FYI, I have been in touch with the OP, we have discussed and resolved any issues it may have had.
                It? Hmm, I wonder if it was that bunny I saw down by the beach yesterday... :p
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X