X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronin for hire

To: All players and factions of DayZ

Subject: Ronin for hire

After days and days of surviving alone in the desolate sector of the island. With minimal contact with other humans.
    This Lone survivor realized that he needed to do something more. More than just surviving and getting fat from eating all the beans and pastas. But to offer more. After much thought, he decided to sell his services for a price.

Primarily doing the dirty work one would and can not do on his own due to their ties or associations.
    Most of you that have contact with me in the past would know that I do not divulge any informations to any other.
    So your discretion will be adhered to. In fact it will be paramount for this role.

Also, know that I will use my "Ronin" name if I'm hired by someone only.
    Otherwise, I will be using my default in game name as you all know me.

Process
    1. You will contact me directly for a specific task. (this meeting will not be divulged to anyone even if just inquiring)
    2. We will come to an agreement of payment for my service (depending on the level of threat to Ronin's life).
    3. You may or may not need to provide a transport service for insertion depending on the area of operation.
    4. Once the task is completed, I will contact the employer of the status.
    5. Get picked up at pre-determined location for exfiltration.
    6. If this task fails, you will be refunded half of payment as previously agreed.
    7. Get picked up by the shore to be transported to pre-determined location.

Requirements
    Certain, tools of the trade may be needed and required for optimal outcome. This you will provide as an employer.
    (of which I will return once successful during exfiltration)
    Once the agreed payment and items needed delivered, you can not cancel.
    Transport service will be required. Specially if the task failed, and this Ronin respawned on shore.*
    *This is something you need to be ready to provide. If you are not online to do so when respawned/needed. There is a fee of 3 tank traps.

Conditions
    The fact that you hired me and this Ronin doing all the dirty and dangerous work will need to be kept confidential even to your own group.
    The less people know about this, the better result will ensue. So it's your responsibility and your best interest to keep your mouth closed during the operation. Or keep it to your trusted fellows only. That is up to you.
    However, should at any time I sense an information leak which would lead to compromise the operation.
    Ronin can at anytime keep the payment, tools borrowed for the job and cancel the job to live another day.
    Be warned, next time you approach me for another job. The price will double in the least.

If all of the above you can provide and agree with, then this Ronin can do the job.

Yours,
    Bored but excited "Ronin"

p.s. Just because I'm wearing my "Ronin" hat, doesn't mean that I am threat to you. If I see someone farming, avoiding to get eaten by the local Zombies, or running to get fit in the town of Sabina after eating cans of beans and pork chops. I will do my utmost to avoid you and leave you in peace. I only ask the same in return.
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 05-15-2013, 01:22 PM.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Ronin for hire

:icon_lol: +rep great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
      Just because I'm wearing my "Ronin" hat, doesn't mean that I am threat to you. If I see someone farming, avoiding to get eaten by the local Zombies, or running to get fit in the town of Sabina after eating cans of beans and pork chops. I will do my utmost to avoid you and leave you in peace. I only ask the same in return.
      No deal. It doesn't work that way.

I have no need to hire you. Therefore, it is a fairly safe assumption that if I have not hired you someone else has. If I haven't named a target, it's not unreasonable to assume that I am a target.

You will find no mercy or peace if I come upon you, because based on your words I will always assume you are on a 'mission'.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Guilty conscience? It always adayzed (amazed) me how most assumptions are wrong. For example= like Sarge is a nice guy.

Comment

I like the role play/create a job type idea, however much like Damonte I see a fatal flaw. If you advertise that you are a killer for hire and I see you, how do I know I'm not the 'job' you're on???? I imagine having a paid Assassin run past you in the woods, if you haven't just hired him five minutes ago, would make most sane people pretty nervous lol.

Comment

Well maybe if you guys didn't piss everyone off you wouldn't need to worry about the paid assassin on the server. ;)

Low, we will be in touch

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Also, Gentlemen, if you take the time to read what he wrote, he did indicate that when he's on a job, he wears his Ronin name. When he's not, he reverts to another moniker. So sure, if he's rocking the Ronin name, anyone and everyone is fair game and you probably should regard him as a threat. If he's wearing his usual name, then regard him as you would otherwise.

Personally, if he tracked me down and killed me via contract, I wouldnt hold a grudge. Business is business, and they're one time contracts. Absolutely no reason why I couldnt hire him to kill his former employer after he's done with me.

Comment

Dredge, you're missing my point.

I don't think I said or implied I was worried, more that the business model as presented has some issues. The issue with Assassins in general, throughout history (though it's an admittedly exciting role) is that they, by their very nature stand for nothing, they have no loyalty, only to the contract. Now time has shown us that most people are uncomfortable with that concept. People understand revenge, self defence or self preservation. They understand perhaps striking out at a third party for assisting those who are attacking you. What they will be uncomfortable with is a person who will kill or attack anyone, as long as the money is right.

Historically, an Assassin generally has a fairly short career span and they are often treated by their employers as necessary, but disposable tools. One does not want to engage the employ of an assassin for a job, say to eliminate a rival, pay him a substantial fee, then have him engage with your opponent and come back to bite you roundly in the ass, quite possibly ballistically with ordinance you actually paid him with. Any role/job where you effectively have no allegiance, where your loyalty can be bought and is temporary, is perilous. Each employer can be a potential victim, it's simply a matter of time, money and other potential employers disposition. As an employer, you know this and would take steps to mitigate that risk to yourself.

The assassin's lot can be high paid, lonely and fraught with danger.

Saying today "I am shooting x person because I wear this moniker, but tomorrow I will flip flop and be your ally" won't work with those who fly the same flag every day. I don't care what someone's log in name is, if you shoot at me, on any day, I'm going to kill you. If you log off before I can get to you and log back in and say "hey, that was the other me", good luck, it'll be your last words as the rounds pass through your head.

It's a fascinating concept, one which I think is worth exploring.

I wish Low the best of luck.

Comment

Ronin for hire

The Ronin LLC. Would like to inform the potential clients that our staff at Ronin LLC have taken a disliking towards the word 'assassin'. They are skilled professionals without an employer or their previous employers have relieved them of duty. Hence their application to the company and their renewed use of their skill sets. They prefer to be called just as simply as 'Ronin'. But honour bound nevertheless.

The Ronin LLC, do not accept any contracts for contract sake nor any financial means.
                  Our long term goals are dare we say greater than those mentioned. The survival of the company in the world of Taviana goes without saying.

If the contract does not agree with our company vision, we have the right to not accept the contracts received. Whilst keeping the queries confidential.

Ronin LLC would like to disclose few company rules. For the concerned few;
                  1-12-A: Never accept asset allocation contracts.
                  1-12-D: Never accept home, camp, base destructions.

The Ronin LLC have the right to not disclose the company visions and goals. Just like other groups and splinter cells out there. Should they do, and stick to it; we at Ronin LLC may also.

However, what this company is offering is deniability. Or the clarity that is much required in the current climate. Without risking ones group or their alliances.

Some say that playing both sides will get you no where. However, one would be wise to strike while the irons hot.

Our fees are reasonable. Should they be in parallel lines of the company's' visions and goals.

The existence of our company is out in public. We at least have the honour of disclosing such than hiding behind a zombie horde or container onions.

Our mailbox is open for contracts and our representative is available for negotiations. Please forward them by way of private messages by way of the forum.

Our motto
                  "Bringing light into darkness one payment at a time"

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Wicks that is why you keep them occupied. Why give them a break between jobs!? Keep the money flowing and the assassin..er....contractor..will not have time to meet the competition. ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Who is to say that Ronin can't have more than one contract at a time? Potentially, he could be working 2 contracts at the same time, which may conflict. Seeing as he has no allegiance, it doesn't bother him whether the contracts conflict.

Not that I care, if I come across anyone who isn't a zombie, they are going to die, contractor or not.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                        Who is to say that Ronin can't have more than one contract at a time? Potentially, he could be working 2 contracts at the same time, which may conflict. Seeing as he has no allegiance, it doesn't bother him whether the contracts conflict.
                        One would believe that such greed exists in our company goals. However, one would be terribly wrong.
                        Our advisors have prepared us for such issues particularly. Rest assured, no conflicting contracts will be accepted. Therefore, it is also wise for one to pitch their contract before the party (or parties) which may have conflicts of interest from their own.

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                        Not that I care, if I come across anyone who isn't a zombie, they are going to die, contractor or not.
                        This particular rule of engagement that you suggest, already exists in the island of Tavinia. Sorry to inform you that you are slightly late in the curve in comparison with other groups in Tavinia. Best of luck in the freedom of zombies, as opposed to the living.

Back to topic.

Excerpt from Ronin LLC policy

2-3.D: Contracts
                        If a conflicting contract is brought forward whilst in negotiation. The two parties involved by way of contract. Will be informed that the Ronin LLC have received a counter offer. Therefore, allowing the negotiations to end before agreement by either parties. The winning contract will be executed upon the contract agreement once the payment have been deposited into our accounts department. Whereas the contract that is outbid will be voided. None of the acting agents identity of the contract, won or void; will be disclosed to either parties after the negotiations are completed as per the company code of conduct.
                        2-4.F: Non disclosure Agreement (NDA)/Confidentiality Agreement(CA).
                        All clients of Ronin LLC will need to agree to and sign the non disclosure agreement/confidentiality agreement provided by the Ronin LLC representative. As a final part of the contracts process. It is for the safety of the client and for the company. However, should the client at any time break the NDA/CA. One of the penalties (refer to chapter 6, section 6, subsection 6) are to offer the opposing person (or parties) of the original contract in full disclosure for their benefit and to bring shame onto the offending party/parties involved.
                        We hope that clarifying such issues would bring more service to our new business. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
                        Our mailbox is open for contracts and our representative is available for negotiations. Please forward them by way of private messages by way of the forum.

"Bringing light into darkness one payment at a time"

Comment

Funny how in the OP you (Low/Ronin) spoke as "I", then post #9 and thereafter as "we" and "our" :row__685:. Hope you have your "Corporation" well guarded in case it's traced and attacked :icon12:.

Low:
                          1-12-A: Never accept asset allocation contracts
                          Darn, I have been looking for a good gofer to fetch the respawned air/land vehicles we keep crashing. And I take it "Ronin" isn't up for farm labor either? Let me know if the LLC changes it's policy as it would free up my time to... base build (which is the name of this server) and hunt hostiles who wish to hamper or destroy my efforts, squadmates, or friends. :icon20:

I did enjoy your last movie though Ronin...

:icon_frow
                          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                          sigpic

Comment

Zippy, you would need a Farmers Alliance or an Independent Contractor to do that...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Ah yes! Ronin. An interesting movie. However, as with any movies which were from the loins of Hollywood. Just hinting at a speckle of the Japanese culture, while missing the true concept.
                              However, our inspiration of the name stems from another era. Although we share the similar name, our goals & values are quite surprisingly full of flavours in comparison.

Once we have an abundance of Ronin's in our service. Perhaps we may look out for some Ashigaru applicants in the future for 'labour' intensive duties. As one's progression into the Ronin status. Thank you Mr. Zippy for the idea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X