Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need something to do while waiting for the Stand Alone to come out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something to do while waiting for the Stand Alone to come out?

If you own a PS3 or Xbox 360, these 2 hits are sure to occupy your time while waiting for the DayZ Stand Alone to come out....

For PS3 (IGN 10/10)

and Xbox 360 (IGN 8.5/10)

I own both consoles and will be trying The Last of Us first. Between the two, it looks more like an Epic story type game.

Re: Need something to do while waiting for the Stand Alone to come out?

I already made a State of Decay post. . . :(

Better news on the SoD note; its coming to PC and is paving the way for a MMO in the same vein.

The Last of Us is going to be the game that makes me buy a PS3.

Comment

Warning, what I heard is that the game is about 10 to 15 hours long...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Which one? Thats a decent sized length for a single player game.

Comment

Yt, I guess standards have greatly fallen...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
            Yt, I guess standards have greatly fallen...
            There is some truth to that statement. Games like MGS and Final Fantasy obtain their length through pointless padding. If TLOU tells a tight, well written, cohesive story in 15 hours, more power to it. It won't, but if it did, it would be worth it. I do not have any faith in it, and I am looking forward to the endless griping about it on the internet after it proves to be poorly written, not that graphically impressive, highly railroads the player's actions, and delivers about half of what was promised.

Also, the standards haven't fallen. Your expectations as a PC gamer are vastly higher than the average Xbro or Sonyfriend.

Fox and the Grapes? No. Who's envious?
            Last edited by mat552; 06-09-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

do we have any word on the PC release of State of Decay?
              |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                There is some truth to that statement. Games like MGS and Final Fantasy obtain their length through pointless padding. If TLOU tells a tight, well written, cohesive story in 15 hours, more power to it.
                Half-life 1 takes about 15-20 hours to play through, and that told an extremely good story, I think they can do it
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by CorpDuty View Post
                  do we have any word on the PC release of State of Decay?
                  "It isnít going to be soon."
                  sigpic

Comment

There is some truth to that statement. Games like MGS and Final Fantasy obtain their length through pointless padding. If TLOU tells a tight, well written, cohesive story in 15 hours, more power to it. It won't, but if it did, it would be worth it. I do not have any faith in it, and I am looking forward to the endless griping about it on the internet after it proves to be poorly written, not that graphically impressive, highly railroads the player's actions, and delivers about half of what was promised.

Also, the standards haven't fallen. Your expectations as a PC gamer are vastly higher than the average Xbro or Sonyfriend.

Fox and the Grapes? No. Who's envious?
                    Pfft. Elitist ;D

I personally loved the short and enigmatic game Dear Esther when it was remade not too long ago. Its beauty was in
                    the literature and material of the story and the value of the visuals and audio. The 'game' was simply brilliant and left me
                    with a profound experience when it came to its crashing end at not much more than two or three hours.

Other games of late, like TTG's The Walking Dead, lasting no more than six hours, were equally grand despite simplistic input
                    and arguably simplistic output. I even remember playing the heck out of the original Max Payne; so much so that it was common
                    for me to come home and accomplish a speed run or play the final sequence on the highest difficulty. Get off the high horse
                    or give me reason as to why you think The Last of Us will falter.

Now I will state this; price matters and $60 is a bit high for my meager purchasing power. I always wait for the price to come
                    down to reasonable levels.

Comment

Yt, I'd buy it if it goes on sale foe $20...

Comment

I remember back in the day when Sonic the Hedgehog would cost 40 dollars.

Comment

I bought State of Decay last week and love it for its cost. However, its not a true "Sandbox" like its claimed......its very much the same each new game you start.

Pre-ordered The Last of Us and patiently waiting for its delivery!

Comment

I am looking forward to the endless griping about it on the internet after it proves to be poorly written, not that graphically impressive, highly railroads the player's actions, and delivers about half of what was promised.
                            I really do not think there will be much complaining. There will be plenty to do outside the actual story of the game.....

Comment

The PRE-RELEASE version of State of Decay is available on Steam now. You can get it for a whopping $20.00

The developers make no excuse for the "State" of the State of Decay, and warn you that this is a very pre-release alpha, which includes no support for keyboard and mouse. Its for those who have a controller atm.

THAT SAID..... You CAN play with keyboard and mouse. You just have to know the key conversions. For example, E= the Y button, Q= the X button.

It is NO Last of US, but so far I am enjoying the gameplay. For those who played WarZ, its more like that type of environment, but with a LOT more of a PVE feel. Lots of characters to interact with. Skill progression, Base building, etc.

I think its worth the bucks to give it a go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X