Pub raiding mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub raiding mods

Guys, as things stand right now, many of the people who played DayZ are gone and have found better things to do. Our server is a shell of what it was and honestly, I don't have any urge to go play on the TG server. I just get bored and I really just have been left with a sour taste in my mouth from what happened there...

I am writing this thread in hopes that we can start tossing out ideas of good mods for us to try playing. I mean, we all have our own preferences, but with the current number of mods available, I think it is reasonable to find a mod and then a server that would be worth playing on and raiding.

The difference between pub raiding and building a life on a server is that pub raiding is about meeting up with friends and then exploring and ultimately doing whatever the heck you want to do on that server. Pub raiding is not about being careful not to step on anybody's toes, rather it is where you go and survive, steal, kill, and die... Living on a server means you have to watch what you do and be ready for micro and macro-political repercussions and that can be boring and lame, that is unless you want to make a bandit faction on a public server and be ready to fight every living and otherwise thing on the server...

I have been playing DayZ mods with one or two other TG members and have had fun doing our own thing. It feels refreshing just running around cautiously watching for passing choppers and keeping out of sight of players looking for crashes or loot. Some mods make it really hard to find starting gear and others make it easy, but keep everything else harder than needed. I can't help but say that keeping a rotation of mods going really allows for keeping that sense of newness to DayZ... That feeling of uncertainty is certainly alive...

I've been playing DayZ Trinity. I would like to hear other suggestions and your impressions.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Pub raiding mods

I've been playing on the "Bull-Net #1" server on the Utes map. It's hard, but fun, I've only gotten to my 3rd meal once. ;) Pure PvP, with lot's of custom buildings, and a pick your loadout feature via their web site, www.bullnet.org (every gun is available/free except the AS50, and M107). So far, me and my M60 have been going it alone, but a 2-6 man squad could do some serious damage. Hit me up if you wanna try it out, or just get on the server, and meet me at my "spot", the Schoolhouse on the SW corner of the Airfield. :)

Comment

Overwatch, dayzero. Both good mods.

Comment

Ok, I downloaded DayZero...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X