Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

    In the coming days the DayZ server will be switching from the current version (slightly modified "stock" DayZ) to DayZ "Epoch". DayZ Epoch is a full mod of DayZ which will be quite different from what we're used to; it includes a currency system, NPC traders, vehicle ownership, and more. The full list of features can be found here: Epoch Key Features.

  • #2
    Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

    W6, what is going to be the map we will play on?



    Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

    "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

    Comment


    • #3
      Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

      Cool. Fishing.....

      I deserve a ribbon for Mortar Specialist

      Artillery conquers and infantry occupies.
      J.F.C. Fuller

      Proud to have been a member of the 5th, 71st and my beloved 19th

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

        there is more to it, but I don't want to ruin it for everyone. The AI are cool if they are turned on...



        Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

        "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

          Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          W6, what is going to be the map we will play on?
          We'll try Lingor. The tropical environment should be a nice change in vibe from the eastern-bloc landscape of Chenarus and Taviana.

          http://www.icebreakr.info/lingor/media/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

            I'd like to pose a request to our awesome admin team when considering the setup for Epoch on our server: Lots and Lots and Lots of vehicles. Fast loot spawn rates. High zombie count. Big map.

            Now why, people are going to ask, would I want these things? We had all of this on Tavi and it buckled, right? Yep, thats exactly what happened. The difference is that what we were doing on tavi was 99% basebuilding and camping, 1% PvP.

            I've been playing on a lot of epoch servers lately. Now, while they dont have the TG mentality toward gameplay, I have noticed that the servers where they focus on the slow economy/super-survival aspect of the mod tend to have almost no PvP. It's nigh impossible to find a car, and when you do, it takes eons to hunt down the parts to get it working. Loot is so rare that it took me better than 4 hours of gameplay to find a weapon. It wasnt a whole lot of fun.

            However, on servers where there are cars every quarter mile, hordes of zombies everywhere, lots of loot drops, lots of loot spawns, people can very quickly mass wealth through the economy, build bases, get awesome vehicles (you'll understand when you start playing the mod, it's kinda a trade-in/trade-up system) and get to killing!

            Map size does seem to matter. On small maps, it just becomes cluttered if you get more than about 10 people on the server and you start to see a lot of beach-camping or near-beach camping. On big maps, you have the comfort of being able to fight almost anywhere while also being spread out enough that everyone can realistically build themselves a base and such. Also, big maps make for some awesome aerial battles that you just dont have room for on smaller maps. Ever seen a guy in a huey use a SUV he's towing like a wrecking ball to take out another helicopter? You should, its awesome.

            So thats my take. The two major gripes that people had on Tavi was "not enough pvp" and "not hard enough to survive". Unfortunately, with the way DayZ is designed, you cant REALLY have both. You either devote your time to pure survival and minimize pvp and move toward a more roleplaying style game, or you focus on pvp where everyone can gear up and go fairly quickly. I'm for option #2.

            Again, just a thought.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

              As a note, I don't know how the rest of the player base will know what to do with the possibility of a T-72 or a BMP-2 chasing them, whether it is AI or player operated...

              Chernorus isn't all that bad to go back to when you have the need for a large scale map. In any case, I think it might be a good idea to consider the possibility of making DMZ's on whatever map we make. It would allow for players to do their stuff and take a breather. You might view this as a Freeport that allows any player to enter as long as they check their gun at the door... Or possibly make player cities that are for players that are more floaters and less interested in constant PvP or rather IHS PvP to live in a social situation... This would allow for players to live, store things, and do the social things economic things... I am not suggesting we get rid of the PvP, rather think of this as a protected city or a Battlefield uncap base. Those who exit that region or commence firing are made targets...

              I view what I am suggesting is a way for those who are nervous or more invested in the survival and economics while not isolating and rejecting the people who seek PvP. I suggest the DMZ cities to keep certain types out (rather to give refuge), but those who leave are going to have to face the reality that others will consider you fair game. This will lead to the desired PvP once the home steaders make homes and bases for themselves. It would be nice to see them proceed as Ferris suggested, just I want to actually see a support for both types of play.



              Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

              "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                I do not have a Visa for Lingor.

                Its a very ugly map.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                  Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  In any case, I think it might be a good idea to consider the possibility of making DMZ's on whatever map we make. It would allow for players to do their stuff and take a breather. You might view this as a Freeport that allows any player to enter as long as they check their gun at the door... Or possibly make player cities that are for players that are more floaters and less interested in constant PvP or rather IHS PvP to live in a social situation... This would allow for players to live, store things, and do the social things economic things... I am not suggesting we get rid of the PvP, rather think of this as a protected city or a Battlefield uncap base. Those who exit that region or commence firing are made targets...

                  I view what I am suggesting is a way for those who are nervous or more invested in the survival and economics while not isolating and rejecting the people who seek PvP. I suggest the DMZ cities to keep certain types out (rather to give refuge), but those who leave are going to have to face the reality that others will consider you fair game. This will lead to the desired PvP once the home steaders make homes and bases for themselves. It would be nice to see them proceed as Ferris suggested, just I want to actually see a support for both types of play.
                  In the latest version of epoch, all of the trade cities are designated no-fire zones (shoot all you want, your bullets do nothing). The wholesale traders though, are fair game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                    I understand, but I am thinking that members of TG would want to try this...



                    Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

                    "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                      How many of you are going to be a zombie? I know that's the first thing I am going to try out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                        Originally posted by Reader1234 View Post
                        How many of you are going to be a zombie? I know that's the first thing I am going to try out.
                        It must be a liberating experience to "raise a hoard". That plus 2x running = win.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                          Originally posted by Reader1234 View Post
                          How many of you are going to be a zombie? I know that's the first thing I am going to try out.
                          Wait what???????????????????????? Me, Me, Me!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                            So I noticed the server name has been updated, does this mean we might be seeing the server come online today? :D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Coming Soon: DayZ Epoch

                              just remember to eat the unlabeled food and then run in the rain...
                              Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                              Wait what???????????????????????? Me, Me, Me!!!



                              Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

                              "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X