Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hey guys. I have a few questions that I'm sure some others might be wondering about as well.

1. What is the reset cleanup time on objects such as vehicles and constructed base objects? If I stash a vehicle will it always be there unless another player finds it? If I construct walls for a base will those walls ever disappear on their own?

2. If I no longer have a key to a vehicle will that vehicle just be there for eternity?

3. Do Trading Vendors ever get items back in stock? Or is this to limit certain weapons on a server so not everyone is running around with the best gear?

4. If you have a Hero status and kill a player with Bandit status does it lower your humanity?

Re: Questions

1. Dont know. I've seen vehicles stay for long periods of time, but since the server has been online for less than a week, we dont really know the timelines yet. Either way, I wouldnt worry too much about it as long as you simply get in your vehicle once every few days.

2. Until the vehicle timeout runs down, or unless someone plays with the inventory in it, which causes it to re-save to the hive. If you lose the key, chalk it up to bad luck and burn it down.

3. I have yet to see any of the vendors restock anything they have run out of. This includes mundane things like police uniforms.

4. Killing someone with bandit status INCREASES your humanity, even if you're a bandit yourself. But its a variable process:
    your humanity boost depends on how low their humanity was. someone with -6000 humanity (which only requires killing a couple people) is going to get you a much smaller bump than someone who has -60000 humanity. this doesnt function the same way with people who do not have bandit status. if you kill someone who isnt in the negative, you take a 2500 humanity loss, regardless of how high their humanity is afaik.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Ghost.

3. Do Trading Vendors ever get items back in stock? Or is this to limit certain weapons on a server so not everyone is running around with the best gear?
      After server reset, each trader's inventory is replenished. Certain high-value/high-demand items (night-vision goggles, bicycles) are stocked 1 or 2 per trader. If one trader does not have your item, try the other two.

4. If you have a Hero status and kill a player with Bandit status does it lower your humanity?
      How it's supposed to work:
      Your humanity after killing Person A = (Your Humanity before killing Person A) + (-1 * (Humanity of Person A))

Simply: if you kill a bandit with -4000 humanity, you will gain 4000 humanity.
      If you kill a hero with 6000 humanity, you will lose 6000 humanity.

What I have actually observed:
      Each kill you make is a subtraction of 2500 humanity. Killing bandits reduces humanity only 500 or so points instead of the 2500 for heroes.
      When I killed Baron, who was at the time -11000 humanity, I lost 500 humanity. When I killed someone I believe was a survivor/hero, I lost 2500 humanity.

Comment

Another question:

If I were to build a base with a perimeter of Hesko barriers is there a way to make it so other players cannot get inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost1Bravo View Post
          Another question:

If I were to build a base with a perimeter of Hesko barriers is there a way to make it so other players cannot get inside?
          I have not tested those yet. Best way to check is to construct a section and see if you can take it down after it is built. Probably not but worth a look.

Even if you can it will most likely take damage like other structures so a Ural will mow it down anyway.
          To my knowledge there are no lockable barriers or gates like other mods. Just lockable vehicles and safes.

Comment

What DayZ map is everyone playing these days?
            sigpic

Comment

Epoch on the TG server

Comment

Note to self: Driving over Windscreen Glass will flip and destroy your vehicle, killing everyone on board :( haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost1Bravo View Post
                  Note to self: Driving over Windscreen Glass will flip and destroy your vehicle, killing everyone on board :( haha
                  Erm....what? I do this all the time with zero ill effects. Could be the server vehicle-flip bug that has plagued several of us. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, but it's got me twice (both times while driving offroad), and I've seen it get at least two helos, causing them to spontaneously explode only a few feet off the ground both times.

Comment

If you are carrying more than 400 lbs of stuff in your backpack/inventory, and there is nothing on the other side of the vehicle to balance that out, it will spontaneously flip when more than 7 degrees out of plane from the heavy to the light side. Several vehicles are exempt from this. The csj vehicles, motorcycle, and atv are examples of exemptions, but they become harder to steer.

(This was completely tongue in cheek)
                    sigpic

Comment

I could have sworn I've driven over windscreen glass as well but this one on the road definitely flipped me and a buddy last night, lol. I clipped it with my left side tires which almost flipped us but I corrected us back down but into a tree.

Comment

probably did. We are talking about arma...
                        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

well, I think our server has the flip vehicle option turned on

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I've definitely almost flipped over after hitting some junk in the road before (think it was scrap metal). I've also experienced what Ferris talked about, sitting in a chopper on the ground and all of a sudden you're doing backflips. I chalk it up to ARMA'isms...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                              I chalk it up to ARMA'isms...
                              I've a slightly different interpretation: http://i.imgur.com/fbxYpUM.jpg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X