Server Needs to Attract more Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Needs to Attract more Players

Last night Baron, Myself, and Brandon (plays on TG server but usually not on TS) played on a new server that has been populated with no less than 20 and usually around 35-40 players at a time. It was tremendously fun. The game became about survival again rather than just selling and buying with not much of a concern of running into potential enemies. We had numerous firefights & gained a lot of supplies but then also lost nearly all of it.

Anyways the point of this thread is this server needs to attract more players. Is it gunna happen over night? no. But if you pester your friends (I talked 2 friends into playing Dayz and TG (Brandon & DynamiteFist), mention the server to others you might run into on other servers or games then we might slowly run up the server population on TG.

Maybe Schedule an Event Night like some other games do on TG. Invite people and maybe they will see how well the server is maintained by admins and the tactics, organization, and communication that happen here.

Other things that this server has that might attract more to TG:
    -Self Blood Bags
    -Removable clothes from dead players
    -Random A.I. Patrols (both Hero and Bandits)
    -As well as random "missions" Downed Helos or crashed supply truck messages pop up.

Re: Server Needs to Attract more Players

I am not for self blood bags, but you are right. The general population will not be attracted to our server because there are too many out there with custom buildings, 3rd person view, 24/7 day, as well as the additions you mentioned above.

I personally do not like all those addons, but the reality is just sort the servers by population on DayZ Commander and you will see what addons draw more people.

Comment

there is one thing that must be fixed in opinion when dealing with AI, is killing AI can cause vehicle issues between you and your friends...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

An article on the front page?
        Self blood with chance of infection will mitigate the insta-full blood theory.
        3rd person view for PvP is just silly.
        Or just enable it for vehicles /types only (lack of perception)
        Klein trade post could be safe zoned.
        More custom loot areas will be another winner. (Adding buildings)
        Gives us more choices than say, NWAirport or NEAirfield.
        Faster loot cycles. Not only for the builders here but for PvP'ers.
        Less foggy days, longer nights with fog.
        Take away all NVGs (I have three)No night vision devices, no thermals what so ever.
        Let us use the flashlights, flares, chem lights, vehicle lights, weapon Attachments more.

Oops, I ran off topic there.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Like ideas... Wish forests had thick underbrush and good shadows

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I, personally, do not agree with the need for safe zones around the traders. It doesn't seem to contribute to the overall theme of the game, in my view.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
              I, personally, do not agree with the need for safe zones around the traders. It doesn't seem to contribute to the overall theme of the game, in my view.
              I agree. Although it can be a pain it greats pvp spots.

Comment

AI is great and can make for missions, however beseige is right - it screws with vehicle permissions, which can be disastrously frustrating if you are attempting to flee and are unable to get into a vehicle.

Comment

Because DayZ Epoch is in active development, and updates are coming fairly regularly, we are going to be running stock for the time being. We can tweak parameters, but big changes like adding safe-zones or NPCs are not part of the mod. We'll certainly keep an eye on things as we go along....

Comment

Perhaps rather than trying to heavily mod our server to our liking we should be providing direct feedback to the Epoch developers and influence the changes at that level?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Back to the point of the thread, I don't think we can do much to attract a population other than keep the server populated and hope for growth. An active bandit population helps but lately I haven't seen too much of that. If you can, hop on in and help make the server populated!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosely View Post
                        Back to the point of the thread,
                        The Point of the thread was server population.

The Epoch servers which maintain the highest server populations have the following mods:
                        Lift and tow
                        Self Blood Bags
                        Vehicle Service Points
                        Safe Trader Cities
                        Roaming Bandit NPC's
                        Animated Heli Crash Sites
                        A.I. Patrols
                        Custom Buildings/Cities
                        etc....

I am not advocating all these mods, I am just presenting data based of DayZ Commander. If you build it.... they will come....

Comment

Is our goal having the highest or among the highest server population?

Comment

A healthy non-TG population.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              A healthy non-TG population.
                              Do we really need a full healthy TG style population? haha I was thinking more of a population to play against. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X