Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone Tips and Links thread.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#2.078.075

Dayz map for Standalone, shows all water pumps.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Towns_and_Cities

Has names of cities in English and Russian, helpful for finding your location.

Reddit Tips

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment...yz_tip_thread/

Re: Standalone Tips and Links thread.

Another tip I highly recommend: find a few shirts/bandanas/etc and tear them into rags. Rags can be used in place of bandages, and can also be used with sticks to make a splint if you get a broken leg. Combine stacks of rags to clear up inventory slots (6 rags per stack). Seeing as clothes are far more abundant than actual bandages, this is probably your best bet.

Also: NESTING BACKPACKS! You can take a 35 slot backpack and put it INSIDE another 35 slot backpack for extra room! IIRC from my setup, the nested backpack takes up 25 slots, leaving you 10 in the outer backpack. I have yet to go down the rabbit hole and see how many levels of nested backpacks we can make (generally because I've got more pressing matters, like finding food), but just the first set gives you 45 slots instead of 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      Rags can be used in place of bandages, and can also be used with sticks to make a splint if you get a broken leg.
      OHHH!!! Damnit!! Bear broke a leg the other night, we tried sticks+ducttape and sticks+rope...

I see this thread quickly becoming a crafting guide :D

To make a blood bag:
      1. Put medpack in hands (red bag w/ white cross)
      2. Drag [empty] bloodbag and IV starter to inventory
      3. Put medpack away
      4. Put [empty] bloodbag in hands, aim at someone, and 'fill with blood'
      5. Drag bloodbag and IV starter kit together to make a 'Blood Pack'
      6. Put blood-pack in hands to apply to a friend

Comment

I am really upbeat since this game has SO MANY FUNCTIONS which the USERs must play and find them. A lot of devs sell a book or have a complete guide on their website for people, but, to the extent of my knowledge, they haven't released anything.
        Questions about those who deserve it!
        "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          OHHH!!! Damnit!! Bear broke a leg the other night, we tried sticks+ducttape and sticks+rope...

I see this thread quickly becoming a crafting guide :D

To make a blood bag:
          1. Put medpack in hands (red bag w/ white cross)
          2. Drag [empty] bloodbag and IV starter to inventory
          3. Put medpack away
          4. Put [empty] bloodbag in hands, aim at someone, and 'fill with blood'
          5. Drag bloodbag and IV starter kit together to make a 'Blood Pack'
          6. Put blood-pack in hands to apply to a friend
          Be VERY careful with this. Each character has a blood type. I'm not sure if the blood type carries over after death, but I do know that if you give someone incompatible blood, it can kill them. There are blood test kits in the wild, although I have yet to come across one in hospitals yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Be VERY careful with this. Each character has a blood type. I'm not sure if the blood type carries over after death, but I do know that if you give someone incompatible blood, it can kill them. There are blood test kits in the wild, although I have yet to come across one in hospitals yet.
            This has been confirmed, poor socomseal has my blood in him and his blood on my hands !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              This has been confirmed, poor socomseal's corpse has my blood in him and his blood on my hands !!!!!
              Fixed it for you. :icon26:

On that note, please refer to the following table when attempting transfusions:

Or simply remember that O- is the universal donor (can give blood to any type) and AB+ is the universal recipient (can receive from any type). Everyone else has to get/give their own type.

Comment

If you have a fully geared character and you are tired of joining a new server only to find that your character has been respawned on the coast:
                1. Make sure before you enter any servers that you refresh the server list and make sure there are at least 20-30 servers showing before you enter any.
                2. When entering a server DO NOT move the mouse or press any keys. Once your character is visible, if you've been respawned press ESC and exit the server. If you have the correct character, play on.
                3. After you exit the server refresh the server list and try again. Repeat until you find a server where your character spawns correctly.

I've had an instance where I thought my character wiped so I just played as a new spawn and then changed servers to find a friend and I was back at my fully geared character. I don't know how it worked in that instance but the above procedure should work eventually if you're desperate to not lose all your items.

Comment

Ferris is correct about nesting backpacks. No matter what backpack, it only takes 25 slots to store within another backpack. You can go as deep as you want from what I've seen. The inconvenience here obviously is that you can only store 5-10 slots of stuff at the ready, for anything else you have to start dropping backpacks on the ground (which can be dangerous on a laggy server, or in case of server restart). For that reason, I keep the important stuff like food, water, first aid, etc. in the first backpack, then all the other stuff in the second nested pack.

Also regarding blood types, apparently it changes each time you respawn based on the medical guide I read.

Comment

The one down side to nesting back packs. When you have them on the ground open and you are reorganising you stuff and the server you are on crashes. Only the back pack you have on will be saved. The ones on the ground will be gone upon reset. I lost some nice stuff that way. No more nesting for me. The better way is to get a bunch of the yellow water tight boxes as they can be used while in your hand. The box turns 8 slots into 4.

If you hoard ammo the way I do then the ammo can is a must have. Ammo box can hold 300 rounds of ammo in 4 slots. Just remember that each slot can only be 30 rounds. I emptied a 40 round mag and it gave me a pile of 40. I placed the 40 rounds in the ammo can, closed then opened the can and the pile went down to 30.

Last tip is boxed ammo needs to be opened in your inventory so the loose round will show in your inventory. If you open them on the ground then they disappear.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

The one down side to nesting back packs...
                      Plus it's increeeeeeeedibly cheesy. ; )

Comment

+1 WhiskeySix

Comment

I'll let go of cheesy advantages when the zombies do.

Pro tip upon respawning: first action should always be to slot the 9v into the flashlight to get that extra inventory space.

Comment

Maybe just drop both altogether? (few servers run nighttime right now)

Has anyone else found the Shipwreck north of Berezino? Its freaking sweet. Gonna make that my home one day.

Comment

Be careful YT, the shipwreck is very common knowledge and also has a tendency to drop you down into the inescapable bowels of the ship if you logout in the wrong place (and the only way to get out is to die of thirst or starvation). Also, where are you finding all of these daytime servers? It seems like 99% of the servers I go on are nighttime.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X