X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 33.114926

http://pastebin.com/vX6te0KG

Full changelog.

Most important thing: Your character now persists in the world for 30 seconds AFTER you log out. Do not log out with any structure within 1km of you or you may log in dead. If you click logout, you are vulnerable for 30 seconds, anyone can happen across you and kill you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Re: Patch 33.114926

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
    Do not log out with any structure within 1km of you or you may log in dead.
    Can you provide the source for this?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I think he's just referring to Zombies being located around structures and the possibility of them killing you if near a building upon logout?

Maybe? If not please correct me.
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

If a zombie spots you and runs up to you after you've logged out, it has 30 seconds to do as much damage as it wants.
        If a player spots you and shoots you after you're logged off, you will need to respawn the next time you enter a server.

"Persists" means that after you click logout and after you're in the main menu or server browser, potentially loading into another server, your character sits motionless for 30 seconds still vulnerable to damage. I have not yet done any testing for happens if you log out and load a new server within 30 seconds, then kill the old copy and see how that all works out. (You log out from server A, your body persists for 30 seconds. While that timer is counting down, you load server B. For a window of time, both characters exist simultaneously and both have permission to write your state to the hive. I think.)

So far today I've killed 6 characters who thought they were logged out in a safe building near NEAF. You can identify a player who is logged out but waiting to time out by sitting (not kneeling) motionless with no head movement or noise.

One final addendum. The system does not differentiate reasons for disconnection or make a differentiation between lost connection and chose to disconnect. For right now, any players who do not have rock solid internet connections should not play DayZ.
        Last edited by mat552; 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
          I have not yet done any testing for happens if you log out and load a new server within 30 seconds, then kill the old copy and see how that all works out. (You log out from server A, your body persists for 30 seconds. While that timer is counting down, you load server B. For a window of time, both characters exist simultaneously and both have permission to write your state to the hive. I think.)
          From what I could tell, when you log out, your character stays for 30 sec no matter what. If you try to join another server within that 30 secs, it will make you wait until the 30 secs is up before you can load in to any server.

Comment

Anyone else feel like 30 seconds is a bit extreme? 5-7 seconds would be more than enough to take care of people who combat log or have found duplication glitches, etc.

Comment

The intent was twofold: to punish people who log out in combat and to lengthen the time server hoppers have to spend (in conjunction with the timer between servers). It really does neither. Combat in DayZ is inherited from ArmA, 30 seconds isn't enough to maneuver for a killing shot unless you're playing DM_Electro or Battlefield: Chernogorsk, and it doesn't even begin to deter server hopping because it doesn't do anything to address the root cause of intolerable scarcity.

Another two wonderful unexpected products of the patch: the logout timer means that escaping from bad geometry is very difficult, you can't log out mid vault animation to try and jimmy yourself out from inside a building and fall damage appears to be disabled!

Comment

I think it should be down to about 5-10 seconds as Ferris stated. if you are still for too long, then it increases the chances of a Zombie or Person finding you on luck alone.
                Questions about those who deserve it!
                "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Unless your carelessly sprinting after someone through the forest or into a building, 5-10 seconds would to nothing to deter combat logging. As far as finding someone on luck alone in 30 seconds? Log out in a bush, and the chance of someone stumbling upon you in those 30 seconds is very, very slim.

Plus, if someone was close enough to find you within those 30 seconds, he probably would have got you eventually had you continued playing, cause your situational awareness sucks :P
                  |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I'm with Corp here. When you log out, do so knowing that you are absolutely safe. Do not log out around zombies and do not log out in a high traffic area in plain sight.

This seems like a fair way to prevent people from DCing after death to remove their body (and loot) and to punish people who think all they need to do to be safe is to close their eyes and pretend no one can see them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X