Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great run in the DayZ running, starving, and bleeding simulator tonight.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great run in the DayZ running, starving, and bleeding simulator tonight.

Alcon,

I had a great time in DayZ last night with exception to a bit of fratricide.

Tonight we saw several people on the private server either gathering for a stash, trying to meet up with others, or just trying to make it off the coast alive: [MENTION=30401]LowSpeedHighDrag[/MENTION], [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION], [MENTION=24209]ZAP44[/MENTION], and [MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION].

It was awesome to see several of us together, on a single server, working together. I'm not sure about anyone else but that's one thing I like the most about our crew of DayZ misfits here: an undying willingness to cooperate, help others, and self-sacrifice. On a side note, regarding the fratricide bit above: going Mosin CQB versus zombies danger-close to friendlies is a dangerous game, one I played poorly and one that [MENTION=30401]LowSpeedHighDrag[/MENTION] paid for. Again, sorry bud.

I don't recall when I started but I know we played through a few server restarts so that's 8+ hours with most of it revolving around simply finding enough food to stay alive. The zombies are no joke, the loot tables are completely randomized, and survival.. especially as a fresh spawn, is challenging to say the least. In fact, surviving as a fresh spawn, getting your start, is hard with the way things are presently. I think this is one of the things that's made the game so enjoyable in recent days; there's a legitimate challenge.

Thanks for the great run tonight guys.

OgMogul
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Great run in the DayZ running, starving, and bleeding simulator tonight.

It was fun and challenging indeed. Not the DayZ I remember, this is much much better!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thanks for suggesting I go to that one place guys. I nearly died getting over there, but enough running around and finding new clothes and food really got me to a better place.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

[MENTION=36903]ogmogul[/MENTION]
        Not a problem, as it is the zombies are more lethal and harder to shoot down in a tight situation like that. No need for appologies as I've mentioned.

It was a great time seeing players managing to group together and basically to survive. It is true that the recent update with the persistance feature being fixed and the zombies being more lethal. It really bring a fresh take on the game from its inception.

I would encourage anyone to give it a try. At least you won't lose your public character, since the server we are on is a private shard.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Glad some of us managed to get to group up finally, but I am sad that it ended the way it did. At least I salvaged what I could off the bodies.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
            Glad some of us managed to get to group up finally, but I am sad that it ended the way it did. At least I salvaged what I could off the bodies.
            Oh oh...sounds like I picked a good time to log. There is a problem with persistence on private servers. Devs know about it and have allowed private servers to run persistence or not for now. The problem does not exist on public servers and they will all remain persistent. We may find all the tents gone next time we log in.

Comment

hmmmmmm... so does that mean we may find it gone and the truck magically back in the town where you logged out?

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                hmmmmmm... so does that mean we may find it gone and the truck magically back in the town where you logged out?
                The truck might just spawn at one of the regular spawn points instead staying where it was last left at.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X