Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting sick is no joke!

Sickness (cholera?) is no joke!

So tonight after a run-in with some zombies, [MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION] contracted a sickness. The messages started with 'I feel tired' then to 'I feel run down' then to 'My stomach grumbles violently.' The entire time this was going on [MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION] exhibited an unquenchable thirst with messages constantly saying 'I feel thirsty' and 'I need to drink something.' The elevated thirst state was only momentarily satiated by drinking to a stuffed state but within minutes was back to a thirsty state. Charcoal tabs had no effect on the sickness (we had no antibiotics to try) and [MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION] ultimately died being unable to sustain the elevated thirst factor.

I did find this video that indicates forcing yourself to vomit, drinking to restore hydration and eating immediately as a possible solution.

Fighting Cholera - Dayz Standalone - Dayz TV

[MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION], anything to elaborate on this or did I capture it all?
    Last edited by ogmogul; 04-09-2015, 05:47 AM.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Getting sick is no joke!

Now there is a cholera present in surface water in ponds and streams. Purification tablets can clear cholera from contaminated water in bottles. For cholera treatment there are tetracyclin antibiotics. Trello / Peter: Disease transfer and treatment - DevTracker - DayZ Forums

We need to either carry purification tablets and/or tetracyclin I guess.

Comment

i find antibiotics on the prison island more than other places. I might head down there sometime if anybody wants to go with me over the weekend.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Why you drinking untreated water? The PET bottles with gasoline tastes better.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
          Why you drinking untreated water? The PET bottles with gasoline tastes better.
          What are you talking about? Disinfectant will make sure you don't die from disease.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
            What are you talking about? Disinfectant will make sure you don't die from disease.
            What has LowSpeed been telling you?

Comment

Originally posted by mike000 View Post
              No, mike, don't worry, this time Lowspeed didn't have any part in this. This happened because the game made me drink it when I went to pick up an item on the ground.

[MENTION=18474]mike000[/MENTION]
              By the way, how long did it take for you to realize who I was?

Comment

Originally posted by mike000 View Post
                [MENTION=18474]mike000[/MENTION]
                I laughed out loud upon reading your post. You know me too well in DayZ antics.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It took me until you mentioned dayz that it finally clicked. Didn't connect the dots between BeSeige and Seige *fail*

Zap and I once were once starving near the coast and came across an open can of beans. It took a few minutes before one of us got the courage to eat it. See what you have done Low!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X