Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up an ARMAIII Exile Server

Alcon,

I'm working on setting up an exile server as I type this (server packages are installing presently). Once I've got it up and have confirmed people can join to it (I can join to it) I will post the information. Hopefully I will have this up by tomorrow if all goes well.

OgMogul

~ If anyone thinks this should be moved to an ARMA subforum let me know but I figured it would be most of the folks here that would possibly play on it.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Setting up an ARMAIII Exile Server

I've been playing some exile here and there. I'll be sure to stop in once you post the details.

Comment

Looks interesting, its not Arma 3 or Dayz and should have its own subforum. Most youtubes show it as a run and gun but think it is more a game of survival. Count me in.

Comment

Zap it can be run and gun. That's the best part I have found. It can go back and forth between run and gun and survival. The little bit me and Mogul played was very interesting. We didn't even get into any of the crafting stuff yet and still had a blast.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

sounds interesting. Mogul, do you intend to keep the server off the grid until we get familiar with the game?

Finally learn how to properly use the ARMA3 controls.
          Last edited by BeSiege82; 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Setting up an ARMAIII Exile Server

I'll give it a go too

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              sounds interesting. Mogul, do you intend to keep the server off the grid until we get familiar with the game?

Finally learn how to properly use the ARMA3 controls.
              I will do whatever the community wants. If that means passwording the server for a period or indefinitely it doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Is it already up and running? whats the ip? I hope you have a lot of TIME on your hands as running an Exile server takes a lot of it if you don't have people helping you!

Also, an Exile channel in TS would be nice so we can meet up and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                  Is it already up and running? whats the ip? I hope you have a lot of TIME on your hands as running an Exile server takes a lot of it if you don't have people helping you!

Also, an Exile channel in TS would be nice so we can meet up and play.
                  No it's not up yet. I'm still working out getting the Exile content functioning. I'm running into some difficulty with configuration and I also made a post about this in the ARMA forums here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...I-Exile-Server

When I have it functional i'll share IP information and then we'll work out an admin rotation if that's what's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post
                    No it's not up yet. I'm still working out getting the Exile content functioning. I'm running into some difficulty with configuration and I also made a post about this in the ARMA forums here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...I-Exile-Server

When I have it functional i'll share IP information and then we'll work out an admin rotation if that's what's needed.
                    You should be able to find helpful guides here on how to get set up. http://www.exilemod.com/forum/23-server-administration/

Comment

I'm also going to look at the Exile pbo file and tweak it. I can tweak the loot tables and such. There are some players that have mentioned turning down the prices of things to make it harder to buy high end items. Also maybe removing some of the higher powered weapons from the spawners etc.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

make scopes harder to get

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I played some Exile last night with Baron, and JB4, and I liked it alot, very Epoch/Wastelandish. I Started off alone on a vanilla Exile server on Altis, and it was ok. I actually met some nice folks who took me in, and geared me up. Then I joined Baron and JB on a Chernarus server, with (Allinarma, ASDG Joint Rails, CUP weapons pack, NATO SF & Spetznaz vehicles & weapons, RHS Russia and US, and TRYK multiplay uniforms). It was pretty awesome, with huge player bases, and lots of PvP. All those mods give you sooo many more Map, vehicle, weapon, gear, and Uniform options.

Mogul, I love that you want to create a server for us. but I would propose that it may make more sense for us all to just pick a server to play on, and let someone else handle all that. A3 is a pain. ;) I would rather see us all focused on playing the game and dominating as a large group, (that's where its at) than worrying about admin/server stuff. and you will, all the time. lol Just sayin.

Comment

I agree with bear. An exile server requires pretty much 24/7 admin attention given that its not a "prime time only" game like BF for example where people only get on at certain times. Exile is truly always going. You'll get groups that divide the time between themselves to always have someone tending to the base.

I am already set up with base and everything on Exile PRO server. So it would be more than a pain to stop playing there and leaving. I could get everyone set up with basic things you need and some money.

But if the consensus is to play on moguls then i'll just split my time between the two

Comment

That's fine, don't stop playing on that server. I'll eventually get this figured out and once I do it will be the server I play on. You guys are more than welcome to join at that time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X