• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile Mod Server Information and Survey

Alcon,

Remote IP: 96.43.139.158
    Port: 2302
    Password: Usmc!775

The server is up. Right now it's a Vanilla Exile Server with AI patrols. I'm going to be working in multiple mods, weapons, vehicles, etc. However before I do I need to know what map everyone would like to play on before I really go to work. Please follow the following link and fill out the survey. Please use the survey to make your choices so it is easier for me to track. I also intend on setting something up to do a test run of the top few selections so folks can see what it's like, aggro free.

The survey asks two questions:

Which map do you want to play on? (Pick One)
    + Altis (Exile Map)
    + Stratis (Exile Map)
    + Esseker (Custom)
    + Australia (Custom, VERY LARGE)
    + Chernarus (This is the A2 version)

What AI would you like to see (Choose one or more)
    + Infantry
    + Zombies

Survey Link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CRTTYKS
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Exile Mod Server Information and Survey

Rather tired of the washed out worlds that ArmA prefers Sand and rocks, are any of these maps reasonably lush not necessarily tropical. I know that Chernarus is temperate and Australia mostly "desert' but aren't really familiar with Stratis or Esseker so if I voted it would be for something new.

Can we have both Zombies and hostile patrols?
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Yes you can have both infantry AI and zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
        Rather tired of the washed out worlds that ArmA prefers Sand and rocks, are any of these maps reasonably lush not necessarily tropical. I know that Chernarus is temperate and Australia mostly "desert' but aren't really familiar with Stratis or Esseker so if I voted it would be for something new.

Can we have both Zombies and hostile patrols?
        Esseker is very green. It feels alot like Chernarus - thought I think it has more forests. Everything is made to feel run down and old as well. It's not as polished as the other options and has many empty spaces. This short video covers the highlights pretty well.

Comment

Isn't Esseker pretty small though?

Comment

It's smaller than Chernarus since Esseker is 169 sq km vs 225 sq km.

Comment

Yes, that's why I don't play esseker, Because at 50 people, might as well be playing battlefield

Comment

so what would be a map that features the greenery and geographic features of Chern but not be Chern?

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post
                  so what would be a map that features the greenery and geographic features of Chern but not be Chern?
                  Dsn't Altis have a little bit of everything? It has Forrest, dessert, urban, flatlands, mountains etc. The Australia map is not fully complete either if i'm not mistaken. I've had more than my fair share of chernarus. And while i've had a lot of time with Altis aswell, it still has the most varied terrain of all of them. It all depends which sector of the map you want to build your base.

Also, Exile uses territories. And each player has a maximum number of territories they can have under their name(default:2). My point is that if a smaller map is chosen, it might get kind of cramped if the server ends up filling up. While that's not something that would affect you immediately, it might be good to ponder just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post
                    Bornholm? It is big and green. Consequently it has performance issues under load. I've seen some exile servers running it.

Comment

well the AI is a bit tougher now on pink mist

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Progress everyone, I got battleye working with the AI Missions now. Tonight we'll work on cranking up the AI a bit and working in Zombies.

Comment

If anyone gets kicked, I need the following information:
                          1. the time (and what timezone you're in) the condition occurred.
                          2. the error number
                          3. the last thing you did in game (got in a vehicle, opened a door, talked to a vendor, opened your inventory, etc.)

Then post the information here if I'm not in TS with you when it happened.

There may be a few exceptions I haven't caught and worked into Battleye yet, so if you experience any kicks i'll need the above information to correct the issue.
                          Last edited by ogmogul; 11-14-2015, 10:07 AM. Reason: added list

Comment

had some real fun

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Fuel pumps are working throughout Altis. You have to be in the vehicle, and look at the pump (point the vehicle in close proximity, or drive up close and free look at the pump and use the scroll wheel) to use. Also, I added fuel bladders at each of the airports so that they can be refueled in the same manner I just mentioned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X