This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 0.9.8 (Kiwi)

This was a big upgrade folks and A LOT of the content I'd worked into the mission and server (by way of mods) caused problems to where the server wouldn't boot. In order to get the server to boot post-update I had to revert to the stock Altis map and wipe the database. Before wiping the database I made a backup, however with how the server was performing before the DB wipe (throwing all sorts of errors and not booting) I'm not sure if we'll be able to use the saved data.

Right now I'm in the process of rebuilding the mission file and re-adding content to see where it puked. I've password protected the server and put the server password in the 'Exile Chat Channel' description area in TS. To view this, log into TS and join the 'Exile Chat Channel' room then you will see the password on the right hand side of your TS window under 'description.' I did this to keep public traffic from joining while I updated the server.

At some point I'm going to fall asleep at the keyboard this morning, so if you come into channel and don't get a response out of me I've either gone to buy more Copenhagen, Red Bull, or I'm drooling on the keyboard. I'm working on this folks and I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Should we have to move forward with a clean database (DB wipe), I'll compensate our players appropriately.

From the DevBlog for this update on ExileMod.com:
    A database wipe is not required. The update script puts all pop tabs into the locker of the players. However, we strongly recommend to start all over, as we have literally touched everything. This update had changes to more than 1.800 files in our internal project.

It looks like this was more than a suggestion I suppose.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Upgrade to 0.9.8 (Kiwi)

Thanks for the heads up.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm okay with a wipe. It gives me the chance to build a bigger and better diving board!

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

First and foremost, thanks for keeping this updated in double time when the updates were published.

Secondly, I'm with others here. A full wipe is suggested by the developers, it would be wise for us to follow. If we don't want any unexpected errors and results as the mod gets upgraded from Kiwi.

The only concern at this time is this. The small pockets of the public regulars. We need to reach out to them when we can, and maintain our server player retention rates.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Upgrade to 0.9.8 (Kiwi)

Thanks Mogul.

Comment

We will be patient as we can only imagine the incredible amount of work that goes into updates like this and some create more of a domino effect of disruption than others. Sounds like this one does. I know you have been at it for more than 24 hours and there is more to come. Thank you for your tireless efforts not just now but all the time for hosting an outstanding server. :icon14:

Comment

yeah im up for a wipe, get a fresh start with the update.

definitly should let the pubbies know. Maybe a server message that comes up every now and then?

Comment

MOST of the content is back to how we had it, hopefully I'll have it play ready by the end of the day.
                That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

Great work Ogmogul, go at a moderate pace and don't overtax yourself, we are a patient bunch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X