This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Use Beta patches with Steam version of ArmA2

Steam won't update ArmA2 until the patches are official. If you want to run w/ the latest fixes, you can install the 'beta' patches from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Once you install that patch, you must tell steam to use the beta-patch, not the released, 'steam' version of ArmA2:

Originally posted by Dragoonseal
    When you install the beta patches you have to start the game using the beta .exe instead of the normal game ArmA20A.exe, so it doesn't trigger the Steam overlay or keep track of your play time. You can add the shortcut to your Steam library as a non-Steam game to get the overlay back but Steam still won't keep track of your play time. So here is how you fix that.
    1. Navigate to ~\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\
    2. Rename ArmA2OA.exe or move it to a backup folder.
    3. Locate the beta ArmA2OA.exe in the \Expansion\beta folder, copy and paste it to the main folder where the original exe was.
    4. Open your Steam library, right click on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, and click Properties.
    5. Click Launch Options and add "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" without the quotes
    6. Add any additional launch options you want such as -nosplash [email protected]
    7. Launch ARMA 2: OA as normal from Steam and enjoy.

Any time you install a new updated beta just update the ArmA2OA.exe

original source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2728714

Re: How To: Use Beta patches with Steam version of ArmA2

Originally posted by Apophis
    I have a script I can post for Steam users that will launch ArmA2 with the latest beta along with the DayZ mod regardless of where you got ArmA2 from. It will work for DVD based distribution, Steam, Sprocket, or even mixed combinations. Seamless one-click launch.
    showoff....

Comment

Please post it Apo.

|

Comment

When you Launch with the Desktop Icon for Dayz thru Sixupdater you will launch with the latest Expansion/beta that is publicly released. If you notice in the Dynamic area of Sixupdater the preset I had everyone setup has the @Dayz and @Expansion/beta file listed. Not sure about the Six Launcher, but I will ck with Sickboy and get an answer back. I am sure it also launches the Expansion/beta as well.

P.S. Here is Sickboy's reply in quick time. Now just to note the Expansion/beta on our server is enabled.

Sarge
        Hello Sickboy, I have a simple question about the new Six launcher for the Dayz mod. When it launches, does it also launch with the expansion/beta that is required with 1.70?

Like Reply
        13 minutes ago

Sickboy
        Collapse
        Heya, if the server you're connecting to uses the Beta, then it will auto-enable the Beta.
        Otherwise you can enable Beta manually in the Options

Like Reply
        8 minutes ago in reply to Sarge F

Sarge
        Thank you for you quick reply

Like Reply

P.P.S This applies to all or any combination of downloaded Combined Arms. I am running the Steam version of Operation Arrowhead and the non-steam version of Arma2.
        Last edited by SARGE; 06-11-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I used it yesterday, as convenient as SixUpdater/Launcher is, I couldn't stand how long it takes to start the game with it. This way works really well.

Using this method you'll have to manually maintain the Mod and Beta files and ensure you have the right/most recent version, just repeat the applicable section.

Steam Setup
          1. Install ArmA/Operation Arrowhead in Steam
          2. Right click each game and select Reinstall Battleye to force it to pick up the most recent version
          3. Start ArmA to initialize files, shut it down. Do the same for OA.
          4. Finally, right click them and back up local content in steam to prevent having to download 15GB again should something go wrong... Just...trust me here...

DayZ Mod Setup/Update
          1. Download the DayZ files, if they're *.rar files, extract the contents.
          2. Find your steam directory, then go to steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\
          3. Create a directory called @DayZ under it, then one called Addons under that.
            You should now have a folder steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\
          4. Copy the DayZ mod files (*.pbo/*.bisign) to the Addons folder.

ArmA Beta Patch Setup/Update
          1. Download the most recent Beta patch (Or at least one that meets the minimum version requirement for the server)
          2. Extract it, and run the setup file.

Shortcut setup
          1. Copy Apophis CMD file to steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\
          2. Right click it, and create a shortcut for the CMD file on your desktop.
          3. Go to your desktop, and run the game from the shortcut.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            Please see one-click DayZ Launcher CMD file attached.

This is an adaptation of the CMD file provided by ArmA2AO in Steam to launch the appropriate AO mods. Modified to launch DayZ instead.

This *SHOULD* work for just about everyone, regardless of where you procured the game from (albeit only through legal means).

Drop the CMD file into your ArmA2 OA folder and create a shortcut to your desktop.
            I have been trying to resolve this issue all day ! But your CMD file did the trick , many thanks :)

Comment

the issue im having is, when i launch from steam it opens version 95248. is there a way i can run that dayz launcher through steam?

Comment

ty

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse