Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get DayZ working :/

Hi guys.

So I have the Arma2 Combined Arms pack from Steam. And when I tried to download DayZ, it told me to use the "6Launcher" thing.

It's checked and installed the mod, I can see that because if I launch ArrowHead (Using the CO option) - in the right, I see "DayZ" of the menu screen.

Thing is I can't join any servers, if I'm not getting kicked - it's an error message about having a key not recognized by the server. I have noticed that SixLauncher is telling me that my version is 1.7.1.5 or something similar (Sorry, on my LapTop, I can't currently view it all because it is installed on my Desktop) - but the server versions are 1.7.1.4 if I remember right.

I've read a bunch of posts regarding the issue, but I really don't understand what half of them are on about! I haven't tried much, other than fiddling around in SixLauncher and Updater to make sure my Mod is 100% up to date, which it appears to be. Also added @dayz (Case sensitive to how it appears on my menu screen) into the advanced launch thing inside Steam, tried with and without with no joy.

Am I doing something completely wrong? Or is there a new version of DayZ not yet installed on the servers?

Cheers for any help guys!

- Shadow

Re: Can't get DayZ working :/

You need at LEAST arma 2 beta patch 93701 to play on the TG server. Other servers require the newest Arma patch http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
    The latest DayZ is 1.7.1.5
    The 'target' command (right click Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch), choose properties, in shortcut tab (target line) it should say something like this > "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion [email protected] -nointro -nosplash
    You will already have this part (-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion) but will not have this part ([email protected] -nointro), so add that and make sure there is a space between commands.
    I did not buy mine from Steam, but its very similar install plus we also have a thread on this and other issues on this forum; just do a search.
    Any more problems, PM Apophis, he has the details of the thread.

Comment

I will be on Tacticalgamer.com's TS3 from 9:00am EST til 5:00pm EST. I have an idea what your problem is and it will be an easy fix. But it might require a one on one on TS to assist you.

Comment

Cheers for the replies there guys.

I'll give it a shot, come to think of it I didn't launch ArmA2 - Just Arrowhead under CO haha. So I will give that a shot, and re-install BattleEye for both clients and see if there's a change for me there.

And Apophis - I totally agree about the horrid ways of getting it to work, I couldn't really understand a lot of the theories - the one you've selected there seems very reasonable. This is the first time I've ever tried using SixLauncher, and tbh, I don't really understand it haha.

I will post back with what I've tried since the original post, if it doesn't work!

Thanks guys, nice to be part of a community that takes time out to lend a hand to tools such as I! :D

- Shadow

Comment

Man, so so confused with this. Not sure what has changed.

Now, if I launch with SixLauncher, it says "You cannot play this mission. it is dependent on content that has been deleted.chernarus"

If I don't, it either gives me "Bad Version" message.

Or, it will give me the same message about keys?

:?

Comment

I am on TS3 now.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1585092

Comment

Sorry Sarge, finally cracked it now I believe - seems to be running fine!

THanks for the help, you can close this thread or whatnot if you like :)

-Shadow

Comment

Help, I've just got Arma CO today to play this mod, I installed the mod no problems, however when I go to run the mod and enter a server I get an error message saying that DayZ requires 'CA_Missions_BAF_2' , then the game starts up and I get into the lobby screen but when i try to enter the game it frezes up on a black screen with loading.. in the middle of it then crashes, I've read loads post, and updated the beta thing but it still doesnt run :/

Comment

@Daimon: I will be on TS from 9:30am EST til 5:30pm EST. Look for me and give me a poke.

Comment

sorry but I have to go to work now working a night shift, will you be on same time monday? Also thanks

Comment

Not Monday, but I am usually on from Tuesday thru Saturday 9:30am til 5:30pm EST. Some evenings from 8:00pm til 11:00pm EST. You can also look for someone or another Arma Admin in the TS channels or go to the Need Help Channel of TS and someone should pop in to help you out. Good luck and welcome to TG

Comment

Originally posted by 89ShadowUK View Post
                        Now, if I launch with SixLauncher, it says "You cannot play this mission. it is dependent on content that has been deleted.chernarus"
                        :?
                        Hey Shadow, what did you do to resolve that error?

I'm trying to help my nephew with DayZ, and everything is updated fine, but he keeps getting the "deleted.chernarus" error...

(ARMA2 AO is on Steam)

:icon_frow
                        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                        sigpic

Comment

After purchasing or downloading Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead it is recommended to run each on its own first before Combined Arms will initialize. Start Arma2 up first then start any single mission and then back out to exit and shut it down. Now start up Operation Arrowhead on its own and go into a single mission then back out to exit and shut it down. Now you can run Combined Arms and join any A2OA Combined Arms server.

This is also recommended to do after a release of an Official Patch from BIS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X