Two players, same Internet connection, no DayZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two players, same Internet connection, no DayZ

I figured I'd post this here in case anyone else has had or runs into the same problem. Aruncado and I just picked up DayZ Mod recently. He's been playing for a few days and decided it was interesting, so I thought I'd give it a go. Got everything installed and ready to go, connected to the TG server...and Arun got booted. Then when Arun tried to reconnect, I got booted. It seems we can't both be connected to the TG server at the same time. I found a posting on the DayZ forums that sounded like the issue we're running into and it seems to indicate that it's related to a server setting or patch. Does anyone know anything about why this might be happening or how to get around it? We'd love to be able to play together.

Re: Two players, same Internet connection, no DayZ

We honestly didn't have a lot of time to look into it and test stuff out; I figured I'd post to see if anyone knew of an existing issue that would cause it. Will give a few of the thread suggestions a shot and get back to you.

Comment

We're still working on it but found another useful link/thread. We're working through those solutions and hope we find one that works. The overall thought in tat thread though is that the issue is not with the ArmA launcher or server...but maybe the way that the hive tracks the characters or something. We'll let everyone know if we find something that works.

Comment

Question.... are you using two different profiles of the same ArmA install? Or do you each have your own copy of armaOA?
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

We each have a copy of ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead, and DayZ installs. Separate CD keys and player ID numbers. Have never played on each other's machine so no confusion in the cache of the game itself. We are connecting through the same router but are assigned different IP addresses. We can play at the same time on different servers. As soon as we connect to the same server the player currently connected gets a red chain and gets a loss of communication error. It has to be something about the DayZ server side...or a hive issue. Still trying to puzzle it out.

Comment

Well, we finally got it working--on some servers. Haven't had a chance to test out the TG server yet, but what we ended up having to do was delete both Bohemia Interactive registry keys, reinstall Battleye, crank up ArmA OA to let it recreate the other registry key the game needs, and go from there. Will update later if we still have issues with the TG server.

Comment

Did you purchase these through steam? I found that you have to run steam as administrator, then log into each steam account, and steam will update the registry key properly.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Why am I reminded of the instruction I got when spinning up DZ for the first time.. 'Run ARMA2 and OP Arrowhead to boots on the ground once apiece, this will ensure the proper registry entries are generated.' I wonder if this is in any way related.

Glad to see you have a partial functionality at least.
                That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

We did purchase it through Steam. If we run into issues from here on out (which we very well might--seems like every patch changes what works and what doesn't) we'll have to give that a shot. We did boot up ArmA2 OA before running DayZ and it didn't prevent the problems we've had, but I do wonder if running as administrator might have made a difference with that.

Comment

FWIW, this is working perfectly now. Brin and I are behind the same router and play on the new server at the same time. (We both launch DayZ Commander via steam)

Comment

Not sure how old this post is but I saw it here and figured I'd post a response as I did stumble accross it. In the server files HiveExt.ini there is a setting in there for how many simultaneous connections can be established by each client. It's not client side it's server side.

Comment

I realize this is incredibly old post but I got to thinking about this.. If they're behind a router, they'd have different local IP addresses likely DHCP assigned, but server side, wouldn't it look like the same IP address attempting to connect to the server on the same port twice?
                        That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X