Seem to get Corrupted location data uncommonly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seem to get Corrupted location data uncommonly

So I'm not sure if it is anything client side or if I am doing something wrong when logging in/off but with a little bit of frequency I've been finding myself reset to the shore line with all prior loot. I was wondering if this is a Hive Hiccup or if there are things I can do to prevent corrupted data.

Re: Seem to get Corrupted location data uncommonly

There are locations (it is believed to be altitude and/or angle of incline based) where if you logoff you will be reset to one of the spawn positions because the engine doesnt recognize where you logged off as not being in the sky (thus the engine is attempting to prevent you from falling to your doom, as if you had logged out in a flying helo). Examples: some of the taller mountains in taviana will cause you to spawn on the beach if you logoff on top of them.

Comment

Other have been having this issue as well.
      Viking

Comment

for the most part, I kept having that happen when I would log at elevation or near giant rocks that eat cars...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Don't let them fool you YT, the oppressors have felt the prick of your sword and they have thus decreed you unfit to be close the heavens. Flee to the brush, use a camo hammock to sleep, with one eye open, and stay away from my sheep...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
            Don't let them fool you YT, the oppressors have felt the prick of your sword and they have thus decreed you unfit to be close the heavens. Flee to the brush, use a camo hammock to sleep, with one eye open, and stay away from my sheep...
            :P

I knew it. (I've done very little honestly, if anything its the idea of a bandit that does the most.)

===

In all seriousness that explains a lot Ferris and is a really good explanation that does make sense for at least the most recent instance. Thanks for the heads up and I will not be logging off on those mountains again!

Comment

Anytime dude! You may be filthy bandit scum, but that doesnt mean I dont want you to be inconvenienced filthy bandit scum.

Comment

Crikey, I think that was a double negative. Like a politician, using smooth words to obscure his meaning.
                Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Anytime dude! You may be filthy bandit scum, but that doesnt mean I dont want you to be inconvenienced filthy bandit scum.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X