Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile Server v2.0

Alcon,

Folks, bare in mind I just got the server online within the last 24 hours and everything is default (hunger, thirst, etc.). Currently I have AI missions that are running however the AI difficulty is set to 'moderate' as it was the next option above n00b =D. There are several things I'm going to be adding to the map (think fuel bladders on airfields like before, and more) as well as some scripting changes to bring us some more functionality regarding lift capabilities for rotary wing.

Server Address: exile.deesnuts.org
    Server Port: 2302
    Server Password: Usmc1775

Server Services: AI missions, Roaming AI. Health & Thirst depreciation rate decreased by 50%
    Altis Map Modifications: Map markers with server information, markers for each trader, fuel bladders at every airport for aircraft/vehicle refueling, Central Trader Spawn (temporary).

Server Mod List: Exile, A3 DMS, A3XAI, Custom HUD
    Client Mod List: Exile

Regarding the password, my intent is to only keep the server passworded while i'm getting it spun up and dialed in with various mods, map additions, etc. Once it is up to speed i'll remove the password but while we're testing I'd like to reasonably control the player flow.

Should anyone encounter any bugs or Battleye kicks, please take note of any text that is displayed (kick reason) and any detail surrounding where you were and what you were doing (getting into a vehicle, eating, etc).

Hardware wise, I'm hosting this server in a CentOS 7 virtual machine. Right now the VM has 3x 3ghz cores with 8gb of ram, but if I find that there is a substantial performance gain with fully dedicated hardware I'll just rack another server in the datacenter for it.

Lastly, if there are things you'd like to see, please post them here in response to this thread, it'll make it easier for me to keep track of what folks want.

Mogul
    Last edited by ogmogul; 04-06-2016, 07:48 AM.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Exile Server v2.0

Change requests:

1. Engine off when driver/pilot exits vehicle.
    2. Player vote day/night. This is supposedly included as part of infiSTAR antihack which I think you ran the last time you had a exile server. And I believe it is active by default. Unkl may know something about it as well.
    3. Towing
    4. Revive
    5. Roving AI

Comment

I hoped on earlier for a few minutes and never got above 16 fps when most servers with just Exile running I experience 50 to 70.

Comment

Frames are normal now they are back up to 50 to 70. It might be a good idea to put new spawns at Athira and Kalithea

Comment

one of the servers we played on lately had missions that didn't show the # of remaining units. I felt that was cool as you were always afraid you missed one until you got close enough to get the mission completed message
          May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
          -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
            one of the servers we played on lately had missions that didn't show the # of remaining units. I felt that was cool as you were always afraid you missed one until you got close enough to get the mission completed message
            I like that idea. Added to the list!

Comment

Roaming AI (A3XAI) have been enabled and I also put in a custom status bar for the player HUD. Let me know what you guys think about the HUD, I quite like it but if you all would rather see it back at stock or something different let me know.

Comment

Latest list of things I unlocked for the traders (these were already in the code, just commented out):

"U_B_FullGhillie_ard",
                "U_B_FullGhillie_lsh",
                "U_B_FullGhillie_sard",
                "U_B_GhillieSuit",
                "U_I_FullGhillie_ard",
                "U_I_FullGhillie_lsh",
                "U_I_FullGhillie_sard",
                "U_I_GhillieSuit",
                "U_O_FullGhillie_ard",
                "U_O_FullGhillie_lsh",
                "U_O_FullGhillie_sard",
                "U_O_GhillieSuit",
                "optic_tws",
                "optic_tws_mg",
                "Exile_Item_MetalScrews",
                "Exile_Item_MetalWire",
                "Exile_Item_Laptop",
                "Exile_Item_BaseCameraKit",
                "Exile_Item_MetalHedgehogKit",
                "Exile_Item_CarWheel",
                "Exile_Item_Cement",
                "Exile_Item_Sand"
                "Exile_Item_Foolbox",
                "Exile_Item_CordlessScrewdriver",
                "Exile_Item_FireExtinguisher",
                "Exile_Item_Hammer",
                "Exile_Item_OilCanister",
                "Exile_Item_Screwdriver",
                "Exile_Item_Shovel",
                "Exile_Item_Wrench",
                "Exile_Item_SleepingMat",
                "Exile_Item_ToiletPaper",
                "Exile_Item_ZipTie",
                "Laserdesignator",
                "Laserdesignator_02",
                "Laserdesignator_03",
                "Exile_Item_Defibrillator"
                "MMG_01_hex_F",
                "MMG_01_tan_F",
                "MMG_02_black_F",
                "MMG_02_camo_F",
                "MMG_02_sand_F"

Comment

Yesterday we were all kicked from game after an update of Battleye exception of #28

This morning the same excemption #28 wouldn't allow me to enter the server.
                  Last edited by SARGE; 04-11-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Suggestions
                    Lower the cost of upgrading your home. Currently it is 10,000 reputation points for level 2. Quarter of that is ideal. It should be lowered to credit the repeat customers.
                    Improving the number of items that could be placed within each level of build.
                    Slower day & night cycle.
                    Deletion of thermal scopes (not night scopes) and laser designtors when the server goes live.
                    Keeping the base limits to 2 plots (Flag poles) per player.
                    Addition of buying an Axe at traders at a cost.
                    Max view distance limited to 3k.
                    Client side sound mod keys available for players who have them as a choice (only the server keys needed for the server box).
                    Editing the enemy AI choppers only to Huey with doors guns and transport types. No Ghosthawks with door guns or any other platforms with devastating AI headshots.
                    Only allowing for RPG Alumats with AT rounds not HE. that could be bought at a trader with penalty costs.
                    Cheaper costs of base building items (metal panels, junk metal, metal poles, etc).

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                      Yesterday we were all kicked from game after an update of Battleye exception of #28

This morning the same excemption #28 wouldn't allow me to enter the server.
                      Found it in the logs and added the exception, you should be able to rejoin.

Comment

Yep, just tried it and was able to log in, can't stay have to run, thanks Ogmogul

Comment

So I accomplished something last night which will be of huge benefit to myself as an admin. While I'm sure there are applications or scripts for Linux based admins to already do this, I wrote a script from scratch to look at the battleye scripts.log file (which contains battleye kick reasons), parse the output and display the kick reason and the suggested exception text to be added to the battleye scripts.txt. In short this will greatly speed up the time for rectifying battleye kicks as we're testing.

Comment

That sounds high speed. *thumbs up*

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Thanks Ogmogul for all you are doing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse