Exile Server v2.0: Play Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile Server v2.0: Play Testing

The new hardware is online and doing well. FPS optimization is still underway as well as several features I'm still working in, but we're at about a 90% solution for the server being production ready minus some largely cosmetic adjustments.

I tend to do server restarts and bring in new content after midnight (central US time). If I'm going to be working on the server I'll be in the Dayz/Exile channel in TS, so if its late and you're getting on let me know and I'll be mindful of that with server restarts, etc.

Please come and help play-test the server! Come get your foothold, get your territory setup and familiarize yourself!

Server Connection Information:
    (Production)
    Name: Pink Mist Survival
    Address: exile.deesnuts.org (172.86.178.130)
    Password: Usmc1775
    - Server can be found by searching for 'Pink Mist Survival' in A3 launcher or ArmaIII integrated server browser, or by the 'remote' option in the ArmaIII integrated server browser.
    - Server Reboots take less than 20 seconds!

(Testing)
    Name: Ogmogul's Test Server
    Address: exile-test.deesnuts.org (96.43.139.158)
    Password: Usmc1775

--// The reason for two servers is the 'production' server will be where we play. The 'testing' server will be for testing content before rolling it out to the production server. //--

Server (Mod) Requirements:
    Exilemod (Pomelo), available here: http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

Server Makeup:
    Operating System: CentOS7
    4x 3.12 GHz Cores (Xenon)
    32gb Ram
    4x 15K 146gb SAS HDD, Running RAID 10 (Very Fast I/O!!!)
    1gb uplink to the internet (10TB monthly allocation) riding 3 redundant 10gb uplinks.

PvP Disposition:
    PvP is welcome! There are specific areas (safe zones) where weapons will have no effect (trader areas). This non-damage condition applies to players and AI for fires within, inbound to or outbound from the area including collision damage.

PvE Disposition:
    PvE in the -Pink Mist- is something to be very aware of. The AI is not to have a blind eye turned towards. The AI is competitive, dangerous, and will give you cause to consider if a PvP engagement is worth the risk. Additionally, when engaged the AI will reinforce if you do not overwhelm them quickly.

Mission set:
    There are a minimum of 9 of 13 missions chosen at random that will dynamically spawn and rotate around the map at the same time.

Server Features:
    AI Missions
    Roaming AI
    Cusom XM8 Apps
    Modified hunger and thirst (depreciation rate 60% of standard)
    Modified bambi loadout
    Increased Day/Night cycle speed (6x normal)
    Static Additions to the default Altis map (fuel bladders, etc.)
    5 Additional spawn points (Frini, Paros, Sfaka, Panochori, Orekastro)

Planned Additions:
    Modification of trader items, vehicles and prices.
    Adjustment of AI and Player corpse de-spawn timers.
    View Distance hard cap: 3K view distance, 1.5K object distance.
    Headless client support.
    Automated server notifications and restarts.
    Last edited by ogmogul; 05-08-2016, 01:28 AM.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Exile Server v2.0: Play Testing

For our first night of play testing I had a blast, thanks to everyone that came out. The AI was merciless and plentiful!
    [MENTION=30401]LowSpeedHighDrag[/MENTION], [MENTION=26738]SARGE[/MENTION], [MENTION=21363]Napoleon_Blownapart[/MENTION], [MENTION=136198]Cody[/MENTION], [MENTION=24091]browna3[/MENTION], [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION], (I know there were several others but I couldn't find everyone's handle for the forums)

Comment

Those Xeons Quad, hexa, or Octo-core?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

2x Quads

Comment

why are there two servers listed right now?

Pink Mist Survival

Ogmogul's Test Server

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The first server he set up is now the Test server. The Pink Mist Survival server is the newer and better equipped server. This is the one we are joining as the other will be used to test

new content for the public server when it goes live.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
              The first server he set up is now the Test server. The Pink Mist Survival server is the newer and better equipped server. This is the one we are joining as the other will be used to test

new content for the public server when it goes live.
              Updated in the first post, thanks [MENTION=26738]SARGE[/MENTION].

Comment

Awesome time we had. I really like the Nappa Auto Parts Store's location. Right at an intersection with easy access for needed parts and repairs. ;)

I can't remember how many customers we had, but we made a lot of sales to frequent visitors. . .

Comment

Server ran great for me last night. Thanks Ogmogul

Comment

Big update to mission file!

- Added custom scripts for advanced towing!
                    You must have 'rope' (purchasable from hardware vendor) in your inventory, look at vehicle to do the towing and select 'deploy tow ropes' from the scroll wheel, then go to the vehicle to be towed, use your scroll wheel and 'attach tow rope.'

- Addid igiLoad!
                    You can now load small vehicles into the Mohawk, unload them, and paradrop them above 120m. To this regard, you can load a quad or cart with a passenger on it, paradrop it, and they will remain on the vehicle as it decends with the chute deployed.

Comment

Very nice updates, specially the igiLoad. Could we add that to the Huron too?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                        Very nice updates, specially the igiLoad. Could we add that to the Huron too?
                        igiLoad supposedly already supports the Huron, not sure why its not working... looking at the configs.

Comment

Had some major issues with the mission file and backups were corrupted, rebuilding mission file. Will advise when the server is playable again. The database is intact so items and constructions should stay, I just have to rebuild the mission.

Comment

Server is back up! AI might be running a little hot, lemme know.

Comment

AI abilities have been tweaked and they are competitive and numerous. Accuracy and weapon shake have been dialed back significantly however their likelihood to call in reinforcements has been turned up, and there is an 80% chance that patrolling helicopters will paradrop (7 Units) to investigate contacts. Vendor price adjustments are finalized unless someone brings something else to my attention and the black-market vendor has been worked in, tested, and finished.

Final things to add:
                              - Enable VoN
                              - Add revive capability
                              - Add Infistar

We're about there folks, thank you for helping out with all of the testing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X