Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of loot would you like to see for missions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of loot would you like to see for missions?

I'm finally getting some time to turn an eye towards mission. I know mission rewards appear light on some of the missions, so now's the time to make suggestions folks. What I'd like to see are suggestions for mission reward (loot crate) content. Personally, I don't think that mission rewards should be huge paydays, what do you guys think and what would you like to see?
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: What kind of loot would you like to see for missions?

Maybe not huge but should be substantial with the risk involved. Team effort is the way to go when doing missions and there should be enough loot to fill everyone's red wagon for doing the mission. Those that take on missions by themselves might feel disappointed after completing a mission and finding scarce loot for their effort. The more loot per mission will payoff with more effort towards completing them. It's the ole' carrot trick to get the horse to pull the cart

So don't be stingy, lol

Paid for by the Altis Island Millionare Club.

Comment

I think we need to cater for both the groups and the individual players alike. Either way, at some point or another. You will be alone on the map, all by yourself until your group players come online.

As for the loot itself. There has got to be a way to increase the 'pop tab' rewards per mission crate rather than. Say, adding multitudes of weapons.
      Maybe add expensive items (not weapons) that are worth taking. If that is possible.
      Also, adding a vehicle on each mission (at least a quad bike) would help the lone wolf'ers.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I say add building supplies to the trader so they can be sold, win win! say 500 tab median value. ups the value on some mission crates and lets us get rid of those extra ebase parts.

one way to look at it is that missions are a choke point for pvp. if the value is higher in the crates then it may be worth the risk to hijack a mission when the complete message comes across.
        May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Good points, I will see what can be done about crate contents but it will be after the weekend until I'll have the time to do deep editing.
          That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

I've been doing missions alone since I joined the server and the missions are really lacking in loot. Most of the time all you get is worthless guns that don't sell for much. Once in a lifetime you find the nightstalker. I would like to see the missions given substantially more loot. LPMG's and Navids for instance, a couple of nightstalkers in the difficult missions etc etc. Things that actually make you want to take the risk and do a mission because as of now the missions are zero risk zero reward unless you find the nightstalker.

Besides that there are two basic things missing, a working timer and the 9.3 and .338 machine guns. I understand that you think they are "OP", but they are only OP when used correctly, and not near as OP as a huey with guns when most people don't even have AA.

Comment

As for "OP" factor. That comes into play when you add optics such as a nightstalker or TWS enabled systems. The balance, or rather the key point should be this. I'd rather not be sniped by a guy 2k away using their "OP" scopes. Even nightstalker has a semi-OP feature. Which personally I'm not favouring. It is a game changer. Add them to the 9.3 and .338 machine guns they are too effective. What is wrong with using 7.62?

There are too many "militarised" servers out there. There are players wanting a simple, balanced EXiLE server. Without all the 'toy's that the A3 has in store. Otherwise, go join an ARMA3 server with full mod sets enabled by the community. It's no longer EXiLE mod, its just another over lap of ARMA3 with EXiLE mod. Which should have a clear distinc line between the two.

Just my 2 cents.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                As for "OP" factor. That comes into play when you add optics such as a nightstalker or TWS enabled systems. The balance, or rather the key point should be this. I'd rather not be sniped by a guy 2k away using their "OP" scopes. Even nightstalker has a semi-OP feature. Which personally I'm not favouring. It is a game changer. Add them to the 9.3 and .338 machine guns they are too effective. What is wrong with using 7.62?

There are too many "militarised" servers out there. There are players wanting a simple, balanced EXiLE server. Without all the 'toy's that the A3 has in store. Otherwise, go join an ARMA3 server with full mod sets enabled by the community. It's no longer EXiLE mod, its just another over lap of ARMA3 with EXiLE mod. Which should have a clear distinc line between the two.
                Couple points to touch on. The nightstalker is not a game changer, it does not have thermals and it has limited range(1km). The "sensor" that picks people up is not to be trusted as it is not reliable so no worry there either. If you were to be sniped at 2km, it would be from a 12.7 APDS round, which is the most OP weapon in the game, which is why some servers have APDS ammo as the most expensive one to purchase. For balance. There is nothing wrong with using 7.62, in the same way there's not much wrong in using 9.3,which is already in the game in the form of the cyrus which is the gun you should be worried about if your talking about 2km shots and not the light machine gun.

In any case, I can stop a moving vehicle with a 6.5mm machine gun just as well as the LPMG or Navid, I just like the gun, how it looks and how it sounds and given that 9.3 is already in the game and is in no way a "game changer" I would like to see it at least tested.

All with you on the balanced Exile server. Don't know why adding a gun already default to the game would make the server "militarized". Especially when there are armed hueys flying around. Which are not present in most Exile servers. That is very militarized but its nice and I can see that once you have the money it could be fun. Also, Arma servers with a bunch of mods are bad. More mods, more lag/fps issues.

Comment

I am beginning to understand the other view. Tonight, with Falkland, a red mission was handled. We completed it and only received wood and food. It felt rather sad.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

What kind of loot would you like to see for missions?

I think the mission loot should be commensurate with the difficulty of the mission. when we complete black/red missions there should be a nice reward. Titans, Nightstalkers, Navids, maybe special armed vehicles that are not persistent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X