This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Truce: Shader's Crew

In speaking with Shader tonight the topic came up of the truce and his voiced interest in reviving it. The point he made was that it is hard to confirm friend or foe in-game. There are mechanisms in place to handle in-game communication (side chat, etc), but what I'm interested in is what do you guys think or feel about such an arrangement? Remember these forums are public, anything sensitive should be PM'd. Given that warning, discuss gents.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Proposed Truce: Shader's Crew

What's the purpose of the truce? Do they want to join us? just be left alone? or do they just need time to re build their arsenal before attacking us again?

Comment

Re: Proposed Truce: Shader's Crew

so that Shader and Agent Orange right?

well i say now that we have "sent a message" i say we leave them be and let them take the next step. if they want a fight, we fight back and destroy. if they leave us alone we leave them alone.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
        so that Shader and Agent Orange right?

well i say now that we have "sent a message" i say we leave them be and let them take the next step. if they want a fight, we fight back and destroy. if they leave us alone we leave them alone.
        We saw where that "listen to them" got us last time. At the moment, they hold two of the most developed bases near Central. It isn't strange to say that this is a ploy for them to gather money and equipment to attack.

Is it me or have they singled out a certain player or two?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Based on what has happenend we may need to see what they do next to understand what they are looking for with a "truce".

On the surface it seems they seek a truce with a group they know outnumber them at this point but since this thread started they attacked a friendly TG base last night by trying to blow up an entrance gate. It is all part of the game but that leaves their motives unclear to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless a declaration of temporary cease fire is signed by both parties. It is not binding.
            Ergo, they need to post here or expect contacts to be had friendly or foe.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hi guys, first time caller.

We found this server about 3 weeks ago and randomly chose it because it had a good ping and active admins. We also enjoyed the ever-present threat of the Ai and the lack of of overpowered weapons (tanks, apc's etc.) and the fact that it was PVP. What we didn't realize is that the admins and almost all of the players on the server were already an overpowered Clan. We played, built bases and did missions having a good time. Last week we were sniping a construction site mission, when after killing the first 5 AI, one of your guys (masterjack) kills the last guy and runs down to collect our loot. We're staring at the guy thru scopes already (I guess he didn't figure out who killed the other 5 AI) So we shot him. We were going to leave his strider unharmed when Figgy and him come bounding back into the fray in an ambulance trying to run agent over. I shot Figgy, then sniped Masterjack out of his strider. At this point, "we're like **** these *******s" And decide to sell his strider along with the cargo truck from the mission. We drive back to central, and the same babies are there, they try to jump into the cargo truck and sell it before we can (bad sportsmanship) and not being able to take their strider back, they lock me inside, forcing me to drive back to another safe zone.

That's when **** got stupid. All in all it cost your team 3 striders and an armed hellcat, We killed OG twice, Masterjack twice and some others... not killing us once. I recorded the whole thing and when i edit out the pin codes i'll post it. Wound up asking for a truce after that, but your guy Masterjack seems to think that means it's no longer a PVP server?

We find him in a dynamic mission and run him over, kill frodo too. They come back so we do it again. I guess he tells everyone that we "broke the truce" because he cant dodge a strider.

So then I log on last night and the mortars are falling, armed choppers rocketing, and my damn base is marked on the map. We did sneak out last night and killed Boot twice in retaliation for the mortaring. Didn't try "blowing down his gates" although we could've. (it was an IED meant for his returning strider)

So which brings me to my point of writing this message. You have the potential of getting 50 people on this server and having some cool PVP interactions, but you'll never get there if everytime someone kills one of your guys (probably Masterjack) the ADMINS (for gods sake) and most the players start trying to wipe them off the map. Sure it's "all in good fun" but it makes them feel very unwelcome on your server if all of a sudden they're "The enemy" because one of your guys (Masterjack) is very easy to kill.

So I think we're going to leave your server. It's a kind of a ****ty game when the Admins are raiding your base when you're not online. Is that what you want?

-Shader

Comment

Hi Shader,

I don't think the actions of the few, determines the whole of the players that play on that server. Yes, it is a PvP (not only versus AIs). There is a dynamic to create agreements between two parties, as well as someone being a douche. It's part and parcel of EXiLE. What I'm led to believe anyhow so far.

As for you guys, finding another home to play on. It will be disappointing to see it happen. This server has active admins, and while one particular admin just loves to play Lego and nothing else. Other admin, does the admin stuff. One thing to note however, which is very crucial. They don't cheat when it comes to PvP environments.
                I don't want to be on the receiving end of it, nor should anyone else. TG or not.

To that end, I would encourage you and your group to stick around. Get into our server, get on our TeamSpeak (there are separate channels for your use), who knows maybe this truce will be more honoured (I'm just assuming this obviously), or not misunderstood if we had a direct communication lines. Or just type in SideChat in game and go about it that way. For me, it would be sad to see you guys find another home.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hi Shader, glad you found the forums. Like I said in side chat, it's all supposed to be in good fun. I tend to more PvE but would rather have the danger of PvP than not. It was a kick to roll up to my base and have the IED go off, see one of you outside my door and chase him off with LMG fire. It was an AI from that hemmitt that got me the first time and just as I was hoofing it back I saw him get Dark Assassin with a rocket as well. But then you guys got me, and that's cool with me.

I also hope you stick around. Get to know some of the guys here and maybe it won't be so bad.

Comment

Actually you never chased him off, that was an AI hunter. We were there the whole time.

Comment

I see that you guys wrecked our bases when we were offline. Classy.

Comment

All concerned, thank you for your feedback and input on this matter. Now there are a few things that need to be cleared up, so here goes.

Regarding the truce, I'm really indifferent. There are plenty of things to do in the environment and if someone doesn't want to fight I'll go along with that if that's what our community wants to do. PvP doesn't bother me and if my playhouse gets burned down, I'll build another one.

About admins in offensive operations..
                        Shader, you're not the first and likely won't be the last that take the brunt of some PvP on the server. Hell, we fight ourselves sometimes, that's just how we are. As far as admins being involved in the fighting, we play just like everyone else. I prohibit my admins from using admin-abilities to aid in combat; we wear the admin hat when we're taking care of server business, helping players, etc. Admins may be the gatekeepers, but we're players too.

Regarding volume of force and response..
                        You got the horns bud and you're sore about it and rightfully so. I'd be sore myself, but I wouldn't quit the game and I hope you don't either, or leave the server for that matter. The frequency of events on the server is high and regarding PvP we rarely launch a combined armed exercise against a target but it does happen on occasion, and on this occasion your base was the target. Will this be the response from us every time a member of TG gets killed? Probably not, the cost of resources is high and if done too frequently you sour folks however this is not to confuse lack of action with lack of ability.

Regarding your base being attacked while you were offline..
                        We'd have rathered you had been on during the offensive, it just so happened that you weren't. We lose vehicles and structures while we're logged out and understand that is part of the environment, you can't always be on, and when you're not on you're vulnerable.

To the regard of being classy..
                        You might be forgetting who has helped you in the past by means of building materials, a taste of weaponry you would be unable to gather with a group of three, etc. I did those things because you and your group, a community unto yourselves that we're happy to have seen join the server, joined in the face of a potentially overwhelming opposition and I thought it fair, classy even to do so.

We hope you and your group stick around, you guys are good players and we enjoy the competition.

Comment

I spoke with Shader this morning in the server and he and his group are going to stay. I cleared some things up as far as the environment, roles of admins, and put some questions to bed.

Comment

With Shader having the ability to communicate here in the forums, I'm closing this thread until such time he wants to revisit a cease-fire or something of the sort.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X