Revive thoughts from Camp Wild Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revive thoughts from Camp Wild Fire

Some of us had brought up the revive topic. I wasn't sure where it landed last time but I was curious on everyone's thoughts about using a revive system.

If we add revive then we need to add stamina and mandatory loss of tabs (medical bills, afterall) and loss of respect.

Comment

Yea agreed. I'm 100% good with loss of respect. I don't think we lose tabs when we die now? If we already have to buy the defib, why lose more tabs on a semi death/revive?

Comment

Then defibs should be priced just like American healthcare. Exorbitant.

Comment

Haha yea

Comment

Just some things to know about the revive. Someone revives you on rocks you run a high risk of losing your weapon and a good chance of you being stuck in the rock. Defibs can vanish. They revive you without getting your tabs first, money gone.
            Personally, I don't want the revive. Have used it and it's just too buggy.

Comment

Yea that's what I've heard. Sucks, wish there was a better system. Or maybe if it is utilized just be better at using comms for the tabs/area of revive.

Comment

With our server setup the way it is, why does losing your gun matter? Though my response may seem harsh, I am a little curious why that part matters when we worry about how many blackfishes we go through each night?

Money on your body can be lost, which is generally why you don't keep tabs on you. Defibs are really only mission critical functions. If you buy one and you fall into the rocks, well that is just the cost of doing business.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

BeSiege82 you almost hit the nail on the head. Yes, why does losing your gun matter? If losing your gun or your tabs doesn't matter then why would we need revive? Why even discuss a revive system? Afterall, isn't exile a survival mod? Why even worry about getting back to your body? This is a server that is geared toward PvP and as such you can be completely re-geared within minutes of death. You can't revive yourself so if your character dies alone, you're still dead. If there is somebody playing with you, then they can probably go pick you up and help you back to your body.

With the AI, as they are, why expect your buddy to stop and revive you in the middle of a lead storm? Most likely, both of you will be dead and running back to your precious weapons and tabs.

Just say NO to Exile revive.

Comment

Because continuously running back to your body or requiring pickup becomes old real fast. Especially if you get arma'd. I see what everyone is saying.

Comment

I agree with Fire here, it would be nice to see revive on the server. I personally don't care if I'm incapacitated on a rock and there is a possibility of losing my gear on a revive attempt. Recognizing that this is a PVP server with insanely accurate AI, a majority of our efforts are against missions or roaming AI who kill us time and time again.

It's one thing to value your life which we do and that is proven by how upset we get after being sniped or one shot from an unknown direction. Now one of us has to fly to frini and pick that person up. If we had revive, which provides no tactical advantage, but does provide an opportunity to escape some tedious grief, then we might feel our time was better spent.

I spike with Mogul at length about it last night and we looked into it. The scripts were updated recently and there's examples of good usage on their forums.

Stache you ask is this not a PVP mod and obviously the answer is yes, but we do a lot of our farming with AI and they're notoriously OP in exile. PVP, in my mind, doesn't mean I should have to suffer countless tedious return-to-corpse efforts because I was sniped through 500 meters of brush with no recourse. Hell, most of our current missions are people driving around in the dingo just killing AI from a click away because it's easy and we know we'd get owned if we were up close. How is this fun if you're avoiding combat because you know there's very low likelihood of surviving an interaction with AI, and not because you think you can get a tactical advantage?

thst and it seems like it's very customizable from cost to repeatability.

Make it expensive or other measures to ensure its not abused.

I think it it is worth a neutral, and not detracting, discussion.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post

Stache you ask is this not a PVP mod and obviously the answer is yes, but we do a lot of our farming with AI and they're notoriously OP in exile. PVP, in my mind, doesn't mean I should have to suffer countless tedious return-to-corpse efforts because I was sniped through 500 meters of brush with no recourse. Hell, most of our current missions are people driving around in the dingo just killing AI from a click away because it's easy and we know we'd get owned if we were up close. How is this fun if you're avoiding combat because you know there's very low likelihood of surviving an interaction with AI, and not because you think you can get a tactical advantage?
                        I want to clarify something. I didn't ask, "is this not a PVP mod". What I asked was, "Afterall, isn't exile a survival mod?" I went on to say the server is "geared toward PvP". Now we can discuss the idea that every survival mod or game is all about PvP (just look at Dayz mod and Standalone) but that's not this discussion. The fact is that there are Exile servers that are purely PvE and servers that are hardcore PvP. Cody's server is in the middle. It's not meant to be easy and it's not meant to be impossible. It is meant to be challenging but I feel that adding things like revive and even armed MRAPs and Helicopters makes it easier, makes it less challenging. Maybe it's because I came to TG from the Dayz world where running is the norm and there is no revive, but I don't mind running back to my body. Shoot, in Dayz Standalone if you die it's a given that you aren't getting back to your body. But I digress.

Exile isn't a PvP mod. But, like Dayz it can become PvP or it can become PvE. If you guys want revive then convince Cody. As for me, I won't use it if we get it.

Comment

Well, at the risk of sounding wishy-washy, I fully accept that if it is not installed on the server, then that is fine. From my perspective, if we get more PvP or outside players joining the server, we definitely need to talk about the server. I am fully aware it is up to convincing Cody about any possible change to the server, so if he says it will not go into the server, then it does not go into the server.

I would like to see more outside players, but we will probably see people like the Brazilians rather than Phippy.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Same can be said about people that want the more hardcore experience. There's a time and place for it. This is not day z.

I see where everyone is coming from and like I said originally, I was just throwing it out there. Maybe we have a test period? Run it for 3-5 days and go from there. Get some feedback. What harm can it do?

Comment

BadStache Didnt mean for my last post to sound challenging, but you touched on something that may be a good solution in your response. Add paddles in, make them not easy to obtain and if you want to use them, then use them, if not, then no sweat, don't use them. Much like we choose to use any of the other features available to us, maybe that can be something we test, assuming Cody is warm to the idea.

An item that we have to invest in, Risk and all, and if we go out on a mission that is some where on a far corner of the map, then we take that investment with us for this case. I would not like to see anything like a battlefield medic on Exile or anything like that(Quick click revive), but it would be nice if we had Something that can counter the tedious run-back, then regroup, then retransport to a mission site. Considering how much time we put into this persistent game.

"Hey guys I dropped 25K on a set of paddles, lets only use them if we absolutely have too and in the case of distant missions."

So Cost + Risk + Circumstance = Balance

I am of the same opinion on maps, it is probably not a good idea to switch the Map out from underneath us, but maybe we can test the stability and affect of a revive method on our sever and it is optional to use.

Thinking aloud here, it seems that there may be a compromise by testing this game item, which doesn't seem like a game changer perse, but an avenue for those of us who would like a way to see something to counter the one-shot AI.

But once again, Cody this is your experiment and ultimately your decision, and I believe we all would accept any decision you make without question, but it would be welcomed from those of us who sink a lot of our week into this arma mod and want to keep contributing to the long game.

=)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X