This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player name proxies

In the spirit of transparency. I'd like to take this opportunity to clarify, and explain the usage of proxy names.

1. Server player retention.
    No one wan't to join a server filled 94% with same group tags/family/party. It is overwhelming to the player that has no group affiliations, and smaller 2 man party groups.

2. Keeping TG tag disassociated with any conduct unbecoming (relative).
    This is a PvP sandbox environment. With clear server rules stated within the XM8. Even with the said rules, players get emotional over any actions taken towards them.
    This may translate into many feelings which in turn results from neutral to negative, but most likely the latter.
    It is from this that stems the dissent amongst groups. But, that is how it is with all genres of PvP titles out there. There will always be a sour person, some where, some how.

Very simply, as it is written above. For those of us who wants more variety into Exile. It is better to park the TG tag & family/Party, and sign in as totally different screen name (personally, I'd rather be shot at by random players vs our TG regulars).

You may know who we are, but the public players definitely should not.

Personally, one of the main reason, I've had 3 changes of names so far. Is due to someone running their loose lip in public chat, unnecessarily divulging information that shouldn't.
    Or at least, consult with and understand the reason prior to doing so would've been appreciated also.

Now, if you all agree that it doesn't make a difference or can convince me otherwise, objectively. I will continue to use my character without being associated with 'TG' as odd as it may sound.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Changes name. Griefs other TG member. Makes post to cover himself/fellow griefer. Make sense.

Frankly lowspeed I don't have time to type out paragraphs on here then have you rip every sentence apart and explain why I'm wrong.

You know what you guys did. Regardless if you yourself were directly involved, tribal knowledge was used to grief the base.

what's being said is, well I can change my name and that allows me to do whatever I want. At least that's what the past few days have shown me. Its a bummer it turned out like this.

Comment

Facts:
      Base was named 'Camp Fire', doesn't take a genius to figure out who's base it is.
      The base was built on a pier, sticking out like a sore thumb.
      Base was not 'raided' when the suspected owner was offline.

Put it this way, "frankly". I limited the "visit" of your base by not utilising all my resources into it.
      Should you feel the need to retaliate, please do so. I welcome it actually. I'd like to see your zeal, and ingenuity of doing it.
      This is all within the Exile game play, it's actually expected. That is the reason why we all build obscene defensive structures, to avoid that.

On another note. Previous evening. Sturdy came into the TS channel and asked. Are you so and so? if so, what is your stance? I've replied with "I don't mind" (or of that nature). Study left saying that he will let you guys decide, on separate TS channel.
      Shortly after, I was gunned down from a mounted weapon. Whilst running back to my body, unarmed. So, upon sending in your emissary. After hearing of our neutral stance (or to be more precise, ambivalence) Your party have decided to take aggressive action.
      So don't take the higher ground, and think your actions or words typed; were beyond reproach. I'm fully aware, that you were involved directly. Am I salty? no. It's expected. Was I slightly annoyed at your text after wards? "frankly" yes.

There is a fundamental difference between your approach and mine. I've disassociated myself from the 'family' ("TG" group). Which means, I'm not 'with' you nor 'against' you. That would depend on how my Exile character goes. Was I engaged by another player? Ok, that player is no longer in my friendly list. Is that person from TG group? then that person may expect some form of retaliation. You'd do the same.
      The only difference in attacking my character, is that I'll still stick around. I'm not a pubbie, who'll leave at the first sign of large groups.

So by all means, change your name and do what you must. But leave the family first.

See you on the battlefield, and do please fire for effect. :)

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Lol typical. Surprise surprise. Another large post about how "misguided I am."

Base doesn't get disturbed for a month, all of a sudden someone "stumbles" on it. Funny the timing of that.

I just enjoy building my base. Sturdy went up channel on his own to see what was going on. When he said he still didn't have an answer, of course we were going to engage. You would of done the same.

This is pointless. You guys try to police this server. Your never in the wrong. It's laughable. You'll see zero retaliation from me. Like I said. I like the AI missions and building my base.

Hey, have a good one dude.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
          Facts:
          Base was named 'Camp Fire', doesn't take a genius to figure out who's base it is.
          The base was built on a pier, sticking out like a sore thumb.
          Base was not 'raided' when the suspected owner was offline.
          Put it this way, "frankly". I limited the "visit" of your base by not utilising all my resources into it.
          Should you feel the need to retaliate, please do so. I welcome it actually. I'd like to see your zeal, and ingenuity of doing it.
          This is all within the Exile game play, it's actually expected. That is the reason why we all build obscene defensive structures, to avoid that.
          On another note. Previous evening. Sturdy came into the TS channel and asked. Are you so and so? if so, what is your stance? I've replied with "I don't mind" (or of that nature). Study left saying that he will let you guys decide, on separate TS channel.
          Shortly after, I was gunned down from a mounted weapon. Whilst running back to my body, unarmed. So, upon sending in your emissary. After hearing of our neutral stance (or to be more precise, ambivalence) Your party have decided to take aggressive action.
          So don't take the higher ground, and think your actions or words typed; were beyond reproach. I'm fully aware, that you were involved directly. Am I salty? no. It's expected. Was I slightly annoyed at your text after wards? "frankly" yes.
          There is a fundamental difference between your approach and mine. I've disassociated myself from the 'family' ("TG" group). Which means, I'm not 'with' you nor 'against' you. That would depend on how my Exile character goes. Was I engaged by another player? Ok, that player is no longer in my friendly list. Is that person from TG group? then that person may expect some form of retaliation. You'd do the same.
          The only difference in attacking my character, is that I'll still stick around. I'm not a pubbie, who'll leave at the first sign of large groups.
          So by all means, change your name and do what you must. But leave the family first.
          See you on the battlefield, and do please fire for effect. :)
          I take responsibility for gunning down one of the people in the desert. At the time, I saw a person running to the area a body was and shot first without getting information/ paying attention to chatter over TS.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm with FFE on this. When this alias business started I had mixed feelings about it. There is no justification for removing the family and eveybody logging in under an alias. This doesn't happen on blackhearts or any clan or community server I know of. It certainly wasn't the case on the Malden server we visited. There will always be a cloud of suspicion when somebody accidentally gets whacked or a base gets robbed.

Comment

There is a difference between accidental and intentional.

Comment

I have one thing to state and then this thread shall be considered dead -- The only reason the family was deleted was due to members being seen first hand by myself exploiting the game by pushing player vehicle out of the safezone and then shooting it with their waiting Dingo to blow it up. while this was not a published rule (didn't think this would be an issue, it is written in server rules now however) It is most certainly wrong and against TG primer - as stated prior while this is not a TG ran server they are allowing the use of forums and TS, and I will uphold their standards of gameplay conduct. To do so I felt it best to delete the TG family that I had set up as it automatically gave TG tags so to speak to all players in it, some of whom sport the tags and some who do not. So I have decided to kill that issue and kill the family I set up.

On another note as Server Owner/Admin, I am disheartened by reactions and sometimes over reactions I have seen on the exile server by several players. Towards both public players and members of this here forum. One must remember this is a game mode of trials and tribulation. Sometimes you are the one doing the squashing, sometimes you are the one being squashed. Thus I am going to add more insight to my above statement, I am no longer going to be apart on any family's I shall group up with anyone on TG teamspeak who wants to team up and play Exile with no complaints, rants, riots ect... Should any Discontent within this sector grow and continue I will be forced to squash this project and all my work will be for nothing........................................... .................................................. ............................

See you in-game.
                |TG|Cody

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...