Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile and The Optional Use of DLC

Greetings new and old ArmA players,

I am happy that you have decided to join your fellow gamers in playing ArmA 3: Exile. After you begin your fresh life on Altis, no doubt you will eventually run into loot or helicopters that will have a strange symbol or message asking you to purchase DLC. I want to point out a few bits of information on what the DLC for ArmA provides you and how it will impact your time in Exile.

First, I must say that if you want to play ArmA 3: Exile, you do not need to have any DLC. It is strongly recommended, but it is not needed.
    It will hinder your use of certain items in the game, though.

Allow me to introduce the first DLC: Zues.

Zues is a free DLC, so that being said, go grab it.

Karts DLC:

Karts offers players the use of go-karts, but beyond the use of a death trap, you really have no use for it.

Marksmen DLC:

Marksmen DLC offers player the use of a number of different weapons, scopes, and ghilies that are generally sought after by players. These include large calibre rifles and LMGs along with nicer medium range scopes. It is not needed to play the game, but it is generally a nice addition to use 9.3 and .338 round rifles and LMGs.

Guns that require Marksmen DLC:

MAR-10 .338
    Mk.14 7.62
    SPMG .338
    MK-1 EMR 7.62
    ASP-1 KIR 12.7
    CYRUS 9.3
    NAVID 9.3

Scopes that require Marksmen DLC:
    AMS
    Kahlia

Ghillie Suits requiring Marksmen DLC:
    NATO, CSAT, and AAF versions

Helicopter DLC:

Helicopter DLC is relatively self-explanatory. The DLC offers access to two choppers and features that are associated with those two choppers. This DLC is required to enter the chopper, so it is impossible to truly use one of these choppers.There are a few other features that are associated with the DLC, but with the TG server, you should be able to perform them without the use of the DLC.

Added helicopters:
    CH-67 Huron
    Mi-290 Taru

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Exile and The Optional Use of DLC

Nice post Seige. Just to add, you can usually buy these DLC's in a bundle on steam(I got them all for 15 bucks I think). They offer it every once in a while. So, if you are not willing to spend a lot of money just wait a little bit and you can get it on the cheap!

EDIT: I just saw that its currently going for 25% off at 16,99 Euros or 19 bucks.

Comment

It would appear that this might be out of date. The use of DLC seems to be required as of the newest patch.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The use of DLC is entirely optional. For example, if one wants to use am AMS scope attachment. The ArmA III prompt will show asking you to purchase it, as well as informing them that it's a DLC product. Same goes for the rest of the DLC items.
        You can play EXiLE in its current state. Whether you want to use the DLC items or not is entirely up to the end user.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Point of clarification: Tanoa Map in Apex DLC will have to be purchased to play. Other components in the update will behave like prior DLC (you can try it out, but get increasingly invasive notification you need to pay for the DLC.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X