Island of Death (IoD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island of Death (IoD)

The IoD is active on the map. AI mission and spawn points have been dialed back a little bit to accommodate the frame hit of the island. I highly recommend groups and groups with defibs when attempting this. The AI is set to Hardcore (black mission) for the IoD and as such it is intended to be challenging. Additionally, the respawn rate is high and this mission is not designed to be 'win-able,' moreover your guidance would be to control the AI long enough to grab loot and egress.

Enjoy gents.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Island of Death (IoD)

Might want some cas support

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

For fun we spawned in an A10 and let our resident CAS pilot turn to it. Even with the support of CAS, this mission is difficult (by design). Instadocs and Defib's are a must for any group attempting to gain loot out there.

Comment

Are we going to get missions with adequate loot? As of right now some of the missions you spend more money on ammo than you get in return. Doing a mission with a group is a total waste of time because there is no profit in it unless you find that one nightstalker 1 out of 5 times. At this rate i'm just gonna have to sit in central and wait for people to leave their vehicles unlocked.

As for the island, I havn't tried it yet, but its cool to have an area on the map where you can get good gear. Most servers have it set up so that AI can't respawn(for server stability), but if the loot is valuable enough, it is definitely worth it.

Comment

what would happen if we made it more common for AI to have things like... I don't know... RPGs?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

In contrast, nobody has mentioned what they think would be balanced loot for the missions or what they would like to see in them, so until that happens or I get around to editing them be prepared to farm central.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              what would happen if we made it more common for AI to have things like... I don't know... RPGs?
              AI already have RPGs, I think at the rate of 1/5 per squad. Roaming AI's launchers are un-lootable on death, mission AI are the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by ogmogul View Post
                In contrast, nobody has mentioned what they think would be balanced loot for the missions or what they would like to see in them, so until that happens or I get around to editing them be prepared to farm central.
                If anyone wants to make suggestions, see this thread:
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...12#post1885912

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse