Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot general discussion

[MENTION=121720]Jyden[/MENTION] [MENTION=25799]Xmaster[/MENTION]
    Glad to see some fellow pilots around :) What are your guy's schedules like? Would love to get a couple missions in!

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Pilot general discussion

Located in Europe, but I've got a rolling work schedule for the next 4 months or so, with 3 out of 5 weekends off, so assuming I'm not working, I should be able to accomodate most times.

Just picked up the physical manual for the A-10, so with any luck that should help me move from "rookie" to "novice" shortly. Has anyone picked up the red flag missions for the A-10? Are they better suited for beginners, than the Enemy Within ones?

Comment

GMT -5

Got college on week days. Free most evening.

I have like 10 minutes logged in. Just reinstalled DCS.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

gmt-7 here, I'm no expert but if you guys want we could hop in the A-10c and do some training on the basics

Comment

That sounds great - Are you guys running 1.5 or the 2.0 alpha?

Comment

i run the alpha, my god it's beautiful. I just ordered a vive and should arrive early April CANT WAIT!

Comment

I'm green with envy for the Vive.
              Have they ported all the campaigns to the alpha, or are we "restricted" to Nevada and its content?

Comment

Its been a bit since I have played DCS, but last I checked it was just nevada

Comment

Having a lot of trouble with relearning (more specifically, remembering) the controls (I was fairly competent in '13/'14), so I've picked up the L-39 in the hopes that advancing from a learner to the A-10 will make it easier. Are there any decent materials around that I've missed (written or videos) or should I just stick with the tutorials?

Comment

tutorials are pretty darn good, My suggestion is to stick to one system and learn it well, run the same tutorial a couple times, when the instructions get annoying set up a custom mission with more or less the same parameters and run it through with no instructions and see if you can still perform as well. Then move on to the next.

Real pilots do several weeks of training on one thing before moving on

Comment

Excited to see a DCS group starting up at TG. I've never flown the A10 but I'm decent in the P51 and was with the Ka-50 when it came out. I have the Huey also. Not sure if there's a good way to work missions with the aircraft we all have. Maybe I should be looking at some new modules soon.

Comment

Check out the new campaign DCS released for the A-10C. Training focused. I'd link it but too new for that, just check the DCS site, I'll be grabbing this soon along with red flag.

Comment

Oh, nice to see this kicked off the ground. The first time around when I attempted to get DCS at TG was...an epic failure. Hope to see it grow big this time around.

Comment

Yeah, once I get my PC back up I'll start organizing something. We have a good mix of modules will have to see what missions match best for the most people. Maybe add in some other planes or make some swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                              Yeah, once I get my PC back up I'll start organizing something. We have a good mix of modules will have to see what missions match best for the most people. Maybe add in some other planes or make some swaps.
                              I hear you on the PC. I'm kind of in between rigs. My old one still works fine, but I'm currently in the middle of a new build. Pretty much everything is done except the graphic cards and the liquid cooling system. Just waiting on NVIDIA to release their new GPUs to get the new chipset, or wait for the 980 Ti Classified to be cheaper than $750 each (and I'm going SLI with this build).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X