Help! I am having HUD problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I am having HUD problems

I have finally had a sucessful campaign mission (meaning I am heading back to base in one piece) but, I have screwed up my HUD bigtime!. I have no flight path marker, and the altitude and speed scales are gone. All I have is a circle, the gun cross, the alt. and speed boxes on either side (not the scales) and that wierd dogfighting gun funnel.

I have no pitch angle markers, and most importantly no FPM. There is no way I can land like this. But, nothing I do gets me back to my navigation HUD. I have hit the A-A, and A-G buttons many times. This is what usually switches me from attack mode to Nav mode. I have also hit the HUD declutter button (H) many times. I hear a click but, it does nothing. I just want my FPM back mainly.

I think I went into Dogfight mode at some point so maybe that is it.

Is there any way to reset my hud? I just need to get back to a normal NAV hud.

Here's hoping someone can help.

-Aces&Eights

Re: Help! I am having HUD problems

Yep sounds like you're in the dogfight mode.

Press "C" to exit the dogfight override mode. You could also use your old-school instruments as practice for when a missile knocks your hud out :)

Comment

Thanks! That did the trick. That was driving me crazy.

BTW Leejo, you shouldn't have left this afternoon. About 3 seconds after you left we found a mission for four pilots. Hopefully, I'll catch you next time. Jex and I had a blast.
      Heh, I flew 3 missions and I lost 3 planes.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

Originally posted by Aces&Eights
        Heh, I flew 3 missions and I lost 3 planes.

-Aces&Eights
        LOL I came in a close second with 2 losses and one badly shot up. However I managed to make the runway completely disappear! Do they court martial for that?
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
          LOL I came in a close second with 2 losses and one badly shot up. However I managed to make the runway completely disappear! Do they court martial for that?
          I don't know about that but they DO court martial if you take out the runway fence, heh. I landed a bit long the other day and couldn't slow down so I ran into the fence at the end of the runway. Went to the Debrief screen and, sure enough, I had been courtmartialed for taking out the airfield fence. I think I am going to be a 2nd Lt. for a long, long time.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

With regard to losing planes, it sounds like you two have been hitting the same target with multiple passes, is that correct? I've always read that it's pretty much a "one pass, haul ass" environment in the campaign. You may need another sortie to finish up the work, but you might also, you know, live.

Comment

Yes Leejo, don't hang around. I told Aces this very thing but with just the two of us, we wanted to get the job done. Normally I'm in and out - I like landing :)
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                With regard to losing planes, it sounds like you two have been hitting the same target with multiple passes, is that correct? I've always read that it's pretty much a "one pass, haul ass" environment in the campaign. You may need another sortie to finish up the work, but you might also, you know, live.

Yeah, it was kinda funny because Jex said making multiple passes was bad, then five minutes later we decided to make three passes on the airfield, lol. But really, we ALMOST made it, heh. I actually didn't get shot down until I was done with my third pass. I think I was hit with a shoulder fired missle. I was too low and couldn't find the eject key in time.

-Aces&Eights
                Last edited by Aces&Eights; 08-09-2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X