Ramp Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramp Start

I did the Ramp Start and i'm gonna redo it about 20 or so times. I really like the immersion this gives. Is this something that's required in the online campaign? I really hope so!

- -

Re: Ramp Start

We usually choose the taxi start but I agree and would like to get in the habit of ramp starts.

Comment

The trouble with ramp starts is that it takes 8 minutes for the INS to align, so your looking at 10-12 minute startup process. I too enjoy the ramp start and would be more than happy to go through this. It certainly adds to the immersion.

Now all we need is a first person shooter perspective so I can 'walk' to my viper and check her over before I climb in. E&E would be great fun too! :)
      Jex.

Comment

You can use the time while the INS is aligning to set up stuff like the rate at which bombs will come off, review the ingress and egress headings with the flight, etc.

Comment

I for one wouldn't mind ramp starting either. I find flipping all those switches and pucnhing all those buttons fun for some reason, heh. I am wierd that way I guess.

Plus with the ramp start that will be an additional ten minutes or so that I am not dead or MIA, heh.

-Aces&Eights

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            You can use the time while the INS is aligning to set up stuff like the rate at which bombs will come off, review the ingress and egress headings with the flight, etc.
            hrmm wanna explain that please? :P

I like ramp start but i'm having trouble finding switches, EWS. It says panel C according to the chart in the manual but the names do not correspond to the ones in the manual. I switched them on anyway and my wpn display says OFF. I'm probably not doing it right.

[EDIT: well i figured out the EWS which is kinda weird on the switches, some of the text doesn't come across clearly for me. I've made a checklist of the order of things need to be done. I'll try to get it digital and put it up online soon.]
            Last edited by Vulcan; 08-09-2005, 05:47 PM.

- -

Comment

Here's a Ramp Start trainer that I believe came with sp.3. I can't remember where I got it from but it is an awesome little Flash program. It takes you through the Ramp Start step-by-step and it has really helped me a bunch. Just wish I knew who made it so I could give them proper credit.

Anyways, try it out, you'll be glad you did :)

Get it HERE.
              Give me strength to save a life...

Comment

hey that's pretty cool, For some reason i could not find the Idle detent switch. This showed me where it should be but i dunno if i will still be able to find it. Either way i'll have to use a key for it if i can't.

- -

Comment

The training missions has Shft-I as the idle detent, when it is Alt-I.
                  Someone has to do it, it might as well be me.

Comment

I get as far as the JFS and I try to switch it to START2 but my switch is not moving and the engines do not start up. I follow the directions but when I get their I cant get it to start up. Any ideas would help.

Comment

Is your parking break on?

- -

Comment

Yes, I follow all the instructions but I guess I must be missing something, im going to go try it again now.

EDIT: I tried it again and to no avail, the switch just doesn't move up to start1 or start2.

Comment

I know some switches use the right mouse button and left mouse button for directions, could this be it? Also are you doing the training mission or something else?

- -

Comment

I am doing a campaign mission and I believe I have tried all the mouse buttons and even pressing shirt-j doesnt do anything so I beleive I am doing something wrong.

Comment

Try doing the training mission? Maybe you also need to close canopy? Seems kinda weird. There could be a call you have to make to the tower. Do you have a wingman that gets his jet up and running while your sitting there?

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X